• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Woman Sues Cap'n Crunch For Tricking Her

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
  • ^ I can't see how someone could be so shallow-hearted and try to steal someone's money over something like that. It's inhumane.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
  • ^ I can't see how someone could be so shallow-hearted and try to steal someone's money over something like that. It's inhumane.
    ^ I think it's already been mentioned up there somewhere but people see it as an easy pass out of whatever life they're currently living. Take a risk and if it pays off, reap the rewards. If it doesn't pay off, find something else incredivly lame to sue over. Rinse and repeat until you win.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years

It happens. It's despicable, but it's also 100% legal and an essential freedom. Those are the same kind of people who may deliberately slam on the breaks to try and get you to rear end them whilst driving a vehicle. Why? Because if a collision occurs and you rear-end someone, they've basically won the suing right there. Game over. (This is not the case for other types of collisions.)

We will always have bad people who try to abuse the system, sadly.

SilverStarSong

D e l t a R a y
    Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2013
    ROFL. I mean, some people are seriously too stupid... It's like suing McDonald's because their food makes you fat, or somethin' like that.

... Wait, didn't that actually happen?

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    I'd like to point out this isn't something endemic to the US and the US alone. The mayor of Batman, Turkey sued Warner Brother and Christopher Noland over the Dark Knight because he said it caused an increase in violence.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    There should be a federal law that assesses a fine based on the amount you sue for if the court finds your suit to be frivolous.

Not a punitive fine, but paying the other side's legal fees. It's called tort reform, and us conservatives support it.

Back