• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Women in combat.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
  • If a woman want to serve, let her serve. The physically unfit to serve are weeded out well before entering the combat zone, so I say let women serve in combat if they so wish to.
    I agree with you. Also the creator of this thread made a kind of sexist stereotype of woman being fragile while this ain't true I have seen woman out run and lift more than most man I know plus it's only equal for woman to fight with man lol I sound a feminist male don't I but I guess I am.

SquirtleGirl

Pokémon: 10 years + Counting..
    Years
  • I believe it all comes down to the individual. I mean, not all guys are muscly, tankish, macho-men and not all women are frail, fragile or weak. One of my best friends is 6ft1 and strong built and trust me, she's no weakling.

I don;t think its right to catagorize males as this and females as that. Whoever's fit for the job should be considered, not because of a damn chromosone difference.

Years
  • We were having an argument about this over lunch after reading an article in the Marine Corps times, so I might as well put in my two cents. I apologize before hand if I offend someone.

Before they let females into the infantry, they better make the PFT/CFT(Physical fitness test/Combat Fitness Test) standards equal. Us Grunts have to hump with a minimum load (roughly 80 pounds for a Rifleman, more for a Weapons Marine, not taking into account extra gear used during deployments like radios), there is no double standard in the infantry world, and before females can be allowed to go 03, they should have to prove that they can go toe-to-toe with males in POG (Personnel other than Gunt, or non Infantry) jobs. The average female, cannot hump the necessary equipment that a grunt needs to, for as long as a grunt needs to. sure, this is a blanket statement on my part, but there are more women who CANT than those who CAN. Their bodies just arent built the same, its scientific fact. to argue that they are physiologically (SP?) equal is idiocy. then theres the need for hygiene that females have that males DONT. In Afghanistan, we could go months without a shower because the only water we had was the water we drank.

Also Islamic militants rarely, if ever, surrender to female soldiers. In modern warfare where intelligence is perhaps more important than enemy casualties, every factor reducing combatants' willingness to fight is considered. Similarly, Iraqi and Afghani civilians are often not intimidated by female soldiers. However, in such environments, having female soldiers serving within a combat unit does have the advantage of allowing for searches on female civilians, and in some cases the female areas of segregated mosques, while causing less offense amongst the occupied population.

Don't get me wrong, there are tons of men in the infantry that honestly can't hack it either.

Good thing we have a serviceman here to expand on things a bit. Thanks for that. And I agree too. In certain situations it is advantageous to have women units, and in certain situation it isn't.

Purple Materia

Shape the future!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Apr 12, 2014
    Personally, I think that if they're willing to give their life for your country, then why not let them fight? It's the same deal with gay people.

Back