• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wonder Trade Challenge

Years
  • SO this has been a very eventful update, and not really in the best of ways..
    -Beat the Laverre gym and wondertraded Cubone, and got a level 35 gourgeist in return
    -Unfortunately Gourgeist died to a crit from some trainer, so I wondertraded it and got a ducklett
    -I was trying to level up Metang so it would evolve in the Lost Hotel, and I forgot that steel doesnt resist dark anymore, so Sharpedo killed it with assurance :(
    -Wondertraded metang and got a modest level 6 scraggy
    -Was doing a double battle and stupid Pangoro critted Snorlax, wondertraded Lax for a level 1 Kangaskhan
    -Unfortunately I was facing a trainer and ducklett died from pursuit when I tried to switch it out :(
    -I was leveling up Pancham, who then evolved into Pangoro, and I thought it could take a whiscash... nopeee
    -Wondertraded it and got a level one pinsir
    -I ended up having to sacrifice scraggy so I could safely switch in Gabite against a scary doublade, wonder traded it and got a floatzel
    -Was in the Frost Cavern in a double battle and floatzel was critted by a hariyama, traded it and got a level one charmander
    -Charmander evolved into Charmeleon, and Gabite evolved into Garchomp!
    -I'm now in Anistar about to fight Serena

Wonder Trade Challenge
    Wonder Trade Challenge
    Wonder Trade Challenge
    Wonder Trade Challenge
    Wonder Trade Challenge
    Wonder Trade Challenge

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • Ok finished the cyllage city gym
    Quillading Level 27
    Froakie Level 23
    Litleo level 29
    Eevee level 24
    Ralts level 19
    Braixen level 22

Grinded quite a bit on my way to the next gym for now i wonder traded away braised and got level. 4 bunelby :(

Sirfetch’d

Been a while since my last update and kinda forgot a few of my wonder trades but I did finish the challenge!

-Beat the Anistar Gym
    -Beat the Snowbelle gym!
    -Lost Mawile and a few others in victory road :(
    -Went to face the elite 4 with the following team: Medicham, Gyarados, Meowstic, Gothitelle, Conkeldurr, Halwucha
    -Lost Gyarados to Siebold
    -Lost Hawlucha to Diantha
    -Beat Diantha with mostly Medicham!

Finished with the following survivors:

Wonder Trade Challenge
    Wonder Trade Challenge
    Wonder Trade Challenge
    Wonder Trade Challenge
    (female Meowstic) cant find the right 3d model :(

Also wonder traded my Gyarados and Hawlucha for funsies and got:

Wonder Trade Challenge
    Wonder Trade Challenge

Had a ton of fun doing this challenge, especially since it was with Sheerow! Will definitely do it again in ORAS!

Years
  • Okay so a lot happened from last update til now. Too much to explain in detail, and too many pokemon to remember.

A few key mons who died along the way were Greninja to Serena, Pinsir to Trevor, Kangaskhan to Wulfric, Torkoal to a Wailord, a second Greninja to something in Victory Road, Arcanine to a Sawk, Fearow to something in Victory Road and Ursaring to something else in Victory Road.

My final team basically ended up being Garchomp and Lucario because frankly it just got to the point where training from level 1 to level 60 was a complete hassle and pretty obnoxious.

Other than the painful training of level1s late game, and the obnoxious amounts of crits killing my mons, this challenge was pretty fun! I may play it again someday!

Final Team (after deaths in e4 and after credits):

Wonder Trade Challenge
    Wonder Trade Challenge
    Wonder Trade Challenge
    Wonder Trade Challenge
    Wonder Trade Challenge
    Wonder Trade Challenge

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • Update beat korrina and im going onto the next gym heres my team
    Quilladin Level 31
    Frogadier Level 28
    Litleo level 33
    Eevee level 28
    Kirlia level 25
    Bunnelby Fletching level 13
    Traded bunelby over now got level 7 Fletching
    Next update soon i hope

Ok so just defeated Ramos at the Coumarine City Gym.
    Here's my new team
    Traded away Fletchinder for level 25 Tauros

Gardevoir
    Level: 41
    Teleport
    Calm Mind
    Psychic
    Magical Leaf

Eevee
    Level: 41
    Last Resort
    Bite
    Take Down
    Covet

Chesnaught
    Level: 40
    Power-Up Punch
    Seed Bomb
    Spiky Shield
    Synthesis

Greninja
    Level 41
    Water Shuriken
    Smack Down
    Surf
    Quick Attack

Pyroar:
    Level: 42
    Take Down
    Crunch
    Noble Roar
    Flamethrower

Thats all for now update each time i defeat a gym leader!

Ok so defeated Clemont at Lumiose City!
    Current Team
    Eevee level 45
    Greninja level 44
    Gardevoir level 45
    Chesnaught level 46
    Pyroar level 45
    Taurus got to level 31 but and fainted so traded him over for a eevee which after the battle traded her over for a level 29 gible i plan on usually trading over that pokemon since i like this team and i wanna get a good match which i think gible is pretty good. Also im about to challenge the next gym so update probably in the next hour!

Ok so just beat the next gym!
    Pyroar level 49
    Gardevoir level 47
    Greninja level 48
    Eevee level 48
    Chesnaught level 49
    gabite level 33 level 7 mawile :/
    Well onto the next gym or adventure :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Rewy

untitled follower
    Years
  • Can you imagine how boring and time consuming it is to make your own processor for a computer? So many nights that I meant to post here, but hrgh... fingers hurt.

I can honestly say that I failed. Sadly. On my own additional rules at least.
    Anyhow - I shall copy/paste from my logs, just to tell you the small adventure of Rewy. All of them can be read on my tumblr too though. I'll add links to the particular posts.

Oh and... I had started the game, got all the way to first gym and only then re-read the rules:
    ...go catch five more in the first patch of grass you walk into. After you've got your six pokemon, you must use the Wonder Trade and trade all six of them...
    So... uh, I went with a Nuzlocke in mind and only caught one per area and so on... So if it disqualifies me instantly, feel free to poke me and I'll make this vanish.

Part 1 - [link]

Been meaning to do this already for awhile. So I cleared out my old file. Even though I had already planned to get National Dex with it, but meh. Not worth it for me.

I'll update these in intervals. Will probably be liveblogging these and playing all night.

So, here goes:

Started the game. I chose myself to play as the girl, because CLOTHES.Uh… oh right, playing in Japanese since I wanted some element of surprise to play with. Not playing on Set mode though, that's too scary for now.

Woop-de-doo… Named myself Rewy.​
    Spoiler:

Part 2 - [link]

So last post I left off to the Santalune Forest. My trusty Mudkip and Slowpoke following in tow.
    Spoiler:

Part 3 - [link]

Spoiler:

Part 4 - [link]

Spoiler:

Part 5 - [link]

Spoiler:

Part 5½ - [link]

Spoiler:

Part 6 - [link]

Spoiler:

And... hummm I think that was where I sort of left off.
    I did play on, writing more or less to a notepad what I was doing. I managed to get all the way to uh... Korrina's gym, but the first trainer there murdered my team which was already at the level limit there. So..

I lost the challenge.

And for now, I don't have time since I have to get a working game done by Spring for a Showroom event at Uni. Thank you and Goodbye for awhile again.

Years
  • Forum User Name: Sheerow
    Pokémon Version: OR
    Challenge Difficulty: Medium (hard, but with a few changes)

Changes:
    *trading for evolution is allowed
    *one use of pokemon centers per city - exception is if it's a gym city, then I can heal immediately after beating the gym
    *if I wondertrade and I get a dupe of a mon in my current party, I have the option to retrade
    *I won't catch extra mons after my original 5 caught unless I need an hm user, or if I get a shiny.

If I feel the rules are too easy I'll adjust them to be harder! Can't wait to start this one up c:

Sirfetch’d

Doing this with my buddy(and stealing his post cuz lazy)

Forum User Name: Powalen
    Pokémon Version: AS
    Challenge Difficulty: Medium (hard, but with a few changes)

Changes:
    *trading for evolution is allowed
    *one use of pokemon centers per city - exception is if it's a gym city, then I can heal immediately after beating the gym
    *if I wondertrade and I get a dupe of a mon in my current party, I have the option to retrade
    *I won't catch extra mons after my original 5 caught unless I need an hm user, or if I get a shiny.

Chrayus

Chrayus is love, Chrayus is life
    Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2015
    I would like to do this
    Forum UserName: Chrayus
    Pokemon Version: OR
    Challenge Level: Medium
    Changes
    On first route I am going to catch 45 pokemon, just so I can save pokemon from other game, will not use these pokemon I trade over just storing them.
    Pokecenter allowed
    Allowed to retrade mons I have received all ready.
    Allowed to catch and store legends and shinies

Last edited:

Sirfetch’d

-Started and named myself, Chase(whatttttttttttttttttttt)
    -Picked Torchic as my starter for funsies and named him Tom
    -Caught 5 mons
    -Wonder traded then and Torchic away and got: Taillow, Zigzagoon, Chinchou, Caterpie, Ralts, and Wingull!
    -Beat Roxanne and traded away Ralts for a Carvanha
    -Chinchou died, wonder traded him away for a Roseila.
    -Beat Brawly and wondertraded Zigzagoon away for a Natu
    -Beat Wattson and wondertraded Wingull away for a Shuppet

Current team: Roselia, Butterfree, Carcanha, Swellow, Natu, Shuppet

Years
  • Update Number 1!

-Named myself Tom
    -Picked Torchic and caught 5 mons, after helping Wally I was able to trade!

Original Team: lvl 24 timburr, lvl 7 whismur, lvl 5 zigzagoon, lvl 1 froakie, lvl 37 solrock and a lvl 14 ferroseed!

-Beat Roxanne which was annoying and took longer than it should have because mons over level 10 don't like to obey

-Traded solrock and got a lvl 25 miltank in return!

-Both timburr and froakie evolved!

-Headed to Dewford and beat Brawley, traded whismur for a lvl 38 Darmanitan!

-Did Slateport stuff, and once in Mauville I beat up Wattson and traded Zigzagoon for a lvl 13 Minun

Current Party:

Wonder Trade Challenge
    Wonder Trade Challenge
    Wonder Trade Challenge
    Wonder Trade Challenge
    Wonder Trade Challenge
    Wonder Trade Challenge

Chrayus

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2015
    Picked a Torchic as my first pokemon, and named him Tortuna
    Proceeded to get potions and beat May.
    When and caught pokemon to wondertrade.
    I received
    Wingull Level 3
    Ralts Level 4
    Plusle Level 12
    Got poochyena, but I had one, so I retraded
    Taillow Level 6
    Chinchou Level 25
    Got Zigzagoon twice, but I had one, so I retraded
    Feebas Level 1
    Proceeded to help man in forest and get EXP share, I am using this.

Last edited:

Auris

Working on my Nat Dex
    Years
  • Gonna start this on Omega Ruby :D
    Hard mode + in French, too.

Last edited:

Chrayus

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2015
    I had forgotten to trade away if it dies, so I am now playing by that rule, I was only through first Gym when I noticed.
    SO I beat the first and second gym, and beat my rival pretty easy.
    More updates to come

Auris

Working on my Nat Dex
    Years
  • Okay so after helping Timmy (French Wally) get Tarsal (French Ralts), I traded over my 6 Pokémon and received:

Goomy N.1 (English)
    Zigzagoon N.8 (Spanish)
    Swinub N.1 (English)
    Electrike N.1 (Spainish)
    Poocheyena N.10 (English)
    Zigzagoon N.3 (English)

Leggo! :D

I discovered that my N.8 Zigzagoon has no moves that do damage so I have been using nearly exclusively the N.10 Poochyena. His Ice Fang absolutely destroys all of the early bug types and flying types! :D Only now that he's above N.10 he disobeys everything... :(

I caught a Zigzagoon on route 104 and wonder traded it for a N.16 Slakoth (ENG) named "SlEEPYBUM." I replaced the N.3 Zigzagoon in my party for it. In the Bois Clémenti (Petalburg Woods) I caught a Silcoon and traded it for a N.19 Surskit (ENG).

I'll stop for today as I get out of Bois Clémenti, and this is my current party:

Poochyena N.13 (ENG)
    Goomy N.5 (ENG)
    Swinub N.5 (ENG)
    Electrike N.5 (Spanish)
    Zigzagoon N.10 (Spanish)
    SlEEPYBUM the Slakoth N.17 (ENG)

Poochyena fainted due to disobedience and just simply not doing anything, so I wonder traded him for.... another Zigzagoon :( This one is N.8 (Japanese). At least it obeys! (for now...)

Only in the first battle I use this Zigzagoon it faints due to Shroomish sucking so much life. Swinub ended up fainting the Shroomish and I traded the Zigzagoon for a Drifloon N.45 (Japanese)! :O Obviously not going to use him until I get a few badges for disobedience reasons... But still I was impressed with the Wonder Trade!

I've decided to make Swinub the leader of my party now, and its ice-type moves serve just as good of a purpose as my traded Poochyena's ice fang!

...Until it gets critted by a Lotad and faints too :'( I'm really sad about this one as I have never levelled a Swinub or Poliswine... But I can always do that later! For now I traded it away for a Masquerain N.26 (Japanese). So I can't use it either for a few gyms... Matter of fact the only usable Pokémon left in my party are Electrike and Goomy! As soon as Goomy hit N.9 I rushed to the gym to try and raise the level cap. Only by the time I beat the trainers in the gym, Goomy was already 11 and disobedient. So I ended up using Drifloon to try and take the gym which was an absolute MESS. For a solid 20 moves the thing didn't listen to me. Then when it did, the leader's Sturdy ability kept her Pokémon alive! The damn thing even fell asleep. Slakoth evolved into Vigoroth. After the gym battle, I traded off the N.3 Zigzagoon (English) for a N.1 Snivy (Japanese), which I promptly replaced the Masquerain in my party with.

Onto the next route I caught a Whismur and traded it for a Shelmet N.1 (Japanese) which I replaced the Zigzagoon in my party with.

So after the first gym and exploring the next route my party includes:
    Goomy N.13
    Electrike N.11
    Drifloon N.45
    Snivy N.9
    Shelmet N.1
    Vigoroth N.18

IN BOX:
    Masquerain N.26
    Surskit N.19
    Zigzagoon N.14

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • I like this! It's similar and different to the woderlocke, so I will play this!
    Forum User Name: Rankumander
    Pokémon Version: Omega Ruby
    Challenge Difficulty: Hard
    -I will make it so I can use Pokemon centers. When I challenge a gym, I can only bring in Pokemon equal to the amount they have. For example, when facing Wattson, I can only bring three Pokemon.

So far, my team is a Scraggy, Eevee, Growlithe, Nincada, Skitty, and Gible

Last edited:
    Years
  • Sounds interesting!

Forum User Name: Lymphy
    Pokémon Version: X
    Challenge Difficulty: Easy

However, I'm going to make it that the first six pokemon I receive are the ONLY ones I can use for the whole game.

These are the pokemon I've ended up with:
    Poochyena (lvl2):
    Wonder Trade Challenge

Lord Helix (lvl1):
    Wonder Trade Challenge

ラルトス (lvl3):
    Wonder Trade Challenge

Chatot (lvl26):
    Wonder Trade Challenge

Absol (lvl27):
    Wonder Trade Challenge

Illumise (lvl13):
    Wonder Trade Challenge

Sirfetch’d

Totally neglected to update, anyways here i go!

-Beat the remaining Gym Leaders and Team Aqua.
    -Entered the Elite Four with the team of: Swampert, Butterfree, Swellow, Roselia, Banette, and Sandile.
    -Going through the Elite Four I managed to do very stupid things and lose all of my team on the final battles except Butterfree.
    -Beat Steven though finally with Butterfree closing off the battle!(Butterfree was with me through my entire adventure actually!

Final Team:

Wonder Trade Challenge

Butterfree ♂
    Compound Eyes
    -Shadow Ball
    -Quiver Dance
    -Bug Buzz
    -Psychic

Chrayus

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2015
    So I finished the game with around all level 80 pokemon, but I know I broke some rules somewhere, so you probably should not count me for a finish.

Back