• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Working for the weekend!

Years
  • It's a song by Loverboy! Did you know that?

Okay, but in all seriousness, how excited do you feel on average when Friday rolls around the corner and it's almost time for the weekend? Do you feel happy and excited and ready to leave work/school/etc? Or do you treat Friday like any ordinary day?

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
  • I feel incredibly happy cause no school and more video games. Friday is the best day of the week for me marking the end of the school week. When I'm in vacations, I treat it like an ordinary day though xD

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • When I was in high school, Friday was my most favorite day of the week. Basically, because of what you just said... it was the weekend which meant no school. <3 I hated school because the curriculum didn't feet my special learning needs. Teachers were always shoving me up the wall just to do my work, but I couldn't do it. I did work IN school, but I never did it OUTSIDE of school.

It will forever remain a mystery to how I ever even managed to graduate.

But yeah. Friday was always my favorite day of the week. Plus, we had spirit days on Friday where we wore these high five friday shirts or dressed up for those days wearing the school colors. It was kind of fun and exciting.

Now, since I'm unable to work or attend college I treat Friday as just an ordinary day. I have no reason to get excited about a day like that if there's really no reason for it.

Years
  • Friday is just another day. Next semester Friday will be my busiest day so I won't be looking forward to it especially.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • Friday is a weekday, so I treat it like a weekday. I do my work on a Friday rather than getting all excited over the weekend because I know that if I don't do things on Friday, they'll just roll over to Saturday and Sunday anyway.

That said, sometimes I do deliberately leave work for the weekend - during the week I'm a really busy guy and on weekends I've got very little to do in comparison, so I get bored of them fast. Shifting some work to the weekends gives me something to do during the day and also helps ease up my busy weeks. So thinking about it, I guess I don't look forward to the weekends because I've got less work to do or whatever; I actually tend to make work for myself on them. I hate sitting around doing nothing, which is something I'd be doing more of than I'm comfortable with if I didn't have work for the weekends (not that, with the amount of work I get to do, I'd have the weekends off anyway - but still!).

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years
  • Friday to me is just another day still I left school. Saturday however is another story as I always have my takeaway that night and my daughter has her friend here for a sleepover then on sunday they go bowling with me and my husband.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
  • I used to love Fridays during primary and secondary school. Fridays meant shorter schooling hours and earlier dismissal from school, plus it signaled the start of the weekends which I'm pretty sure everyone looks forward to. Also, in the international school which I spent my last year of school in, they have this 'Dress Down Day' in which students get to come to school in casual clothes instead of the school uniform. I really looked forward to it. It was really fun! Now that I'm at uni, I don't have classes on Fridays this semester so I treat that day slightly differently from the rest of the weekdays although I still call it a weekday.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2015
    Friday's are awesome. I am always so happy and upbeat on Fridays because I know the weekend is here. Sometimes on Fridays, like today, I'll also go home from college which I always look forward to :3

Years
  • I don't really like my job and all the waking up early and coming home late so the closer I get to the weekend the happier I am.

In school I didn't really care all that much. Partially this was because I was a know-it-all in high school who never did the work so weekdays were just days I could sit around and doodle in class and still get a C, and in college my schedule was all over the place and I could have a free day on Wednesday or whenever so there were a lot of breaks all over the place.

Altair1

Willpower
    Years
  • It's Friday! Do you know what that means? ... I have work tomorrow! haha, I just treat it like any other day really. My days off are Monday and Tuesday so I look forward to Sunday, naturally.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
    Years
  • Depends. My work schedule is pretty erratic so sometimes I have to work on the weekend and a weird day like a Tuesday will feel like a Saturday to me. Regardless I'm always really excited right before a day off. Tomorrow I have to work half a day but then I'm off until Monday and I'm so excited that I might not even sleep tonight because I can sleep all afternoon tomorrow.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • I don't really get excited until I arrive home, up until that point I just treat it like any other day. I still have responsibilities that day, so why should I look forward to something in the future, when I still have stuff in the now?

The main reason I'm excited about Friday is because it's the day I get most of my writing, and more recently drawing, stuff done. It's basically a creative day for me and I love it.

Years
  • I love going home from class on a Friday because yay, I can sleep in. Especially since I wake at 8AM on Thursdays and Fridays.. not good at waking early. Feels great to come home and be able to do whatever (mostly) for the next few days~

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • For me, Thursdays are my fridays, because I never have class on Fridays. And yes, I do get excited because I either sleep in or have a party. :P

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I saw Loverboy in concert last year! How many points does that get me?

Weekends are actually my busiest time at work. My schedule gets all sorts of messed up, where I go into work late Saturday night and then go right back in ten hours later on Sunday morning. Because of this, I can't really get anything done like I do on the weekdays, so Friday is a much busier day for me. I use the day off from work to catch up on everything that I miss during the week and I try to get enough done so that I don't feel bad wasting the weekend away at work.

So Friday is just a really busy day that leads to my two least favorite shifts at work. I don't much like the day.

Hannah

beep bop boop
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Nov 16, 2021
    Friday nights are my favorites! Not only can I sing Rebecca Black's Friday without people looking at me like I'm totally uncool, I even get to sit back and relax and watch television without having to worry about homework, projects, and school.

Faye Rose~

Resilient
    Years
  • I don't get as excited over Fridays as I used to,(when I was addicted to an MMO and just played it all weekend) but there still nice to have and I'm usually a bit happier than other days of the week. Now that I'm in college I can't hang out with my friends from high school and I don't have any friends at my terrible college.

Sirfetch’d

Since I'm not in school until January and I really don't do a whole lot during the week so I treat Friday like any normal day. I am so ready to get back in school and obtain a job so I actually have a Friday to look forward to, haha. It gets boring being in this routine :\

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • I actually feel a lot happier for Friday coming during this semester than I eve did in high school cause I actually don't have classes on Friday, although I usually end up going to campus to see my girlfriend and play a game of cards with my friends or something like that. I also have class on Saturday, so meh, Fridays aren't exactly what the used to be to say the least.

Back