• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] WORKS - For a new Ability effect

Years
    Hi, I would like to create a new Ability for a "new Pokémon" in my game (it's a legendary).
    The effect of this Ability is simple, Normal attacks keep their basic affinities, but are super effective against some types (Steel, Dragon, Water, and more).

I tried to do it myself, I'll continue to try if no one know how to do.

Thank you for your help.

Last edited:

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I suggest you check out how Scrappy is implemented. It basically changes the type affinity for the Normal type. You can adapt its code to your ability.

Years
    It's work now! Thank you very much StCooler.

The code in the script "Move_UsageCalculation
    Spoiler:

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    It's work now! Thank you very much StCooler.

The code in the script "Move_UsageCalculation
    Spoiler:

Do test it but from what I see, it looks good :)

Years
    I tested it and it works. The Pokémon with this Ability sees its Normal type Attacks become super effective against the indicated types (like Grass), while keeping the other affinities. A Pokémon with Ghost and Grass types is insensitive. It's neutral against a Rock and Grass types.
    I had trouble placing the code without problems, I hope it won't cause problems with the Ability Scrappy or other codes here.

Back