• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Proposal: World Championship article(s)

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    It occurred to me that it may be neat to have some Daily articles (at least one) on Worlds this weekend, especially as it's coming up (and we have an article already on it too). At the least standard 'Worlds has started, see the stream here' article can be done, but we could, if people were up for it, have battle analysis articles, or live commentary+stream articles (latter we've done twice before).

If you have any ideas for what could be good to have, post away! Going to post-notify Spoony as well as she came up with the forum section for it, so may have some interest:
    Battle Girl Spoony said:

Years
    Would love to see some articles for sure! ^^ I'm no writer so will leave that to the experts!

Perhaps an idea for one article - put a thread up in the Worlds forum for users to share their opinions of proceedings and highlights of the weekend and compile them into an article after it's all over?

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
    Years
    I really hate it when this happens. My Saturday schedule involves 10 hours on airplanes and 9 in airports waiting to change planes, so I won't see day 2 at all. Day 3 is out as well, I will be expected to actually participate in our family vacation. Day 1 on the other hand i'll be watching intently. I think I'm the only Daily writer (and possibly the only PC member) atm who crosses both Worlds disciplines (discount Pokken, which I know enough about to write), so between that and the olympics there will be a LOT of channel flipping tomorrow :P

I'd be quite happy to write up a quick commentary on what I sort of expect to see tomorrow morning and then a summary of what actually won on Monday/Tuesday, as well as a discussion summary when its all over. Most of it would be rewording pokemon.com/pokebeach/nuggetbridge, but that's what makes top kek Daily content anyway, right?

Should be really easy to do the first one, as the TCG meta will continue to be Night March or Flareon spam and the VGC meta will be "which Pokemon work best with Groudon and Bronzong?". Second will be just a list and some comparisons. Third... Well... Go ahead and put up a Worlds discussion thread if there isn't already one.

The VGC portion would go nice with a peiece on what makes a pokemon worlds-ready, now wouldn't it? HINT HINT.

Last edited:

Urya

Veilhart
    Years
    I'm relatively new in this community, and I feel like following along with the championships can be a bit hard for outsiders. Sure, there's a stream, but I have no idea what to look out for, when the finals are and what's at stake for certain people. Having people write about what's going on would certainly make the whole event a lot more approachable.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Perhaps an idea for one article - put a thread up in the Worlds forum for users to share their opinions of proceedings and highlights of the weekend and compile them into an article after it's all over?
    A reactions article would be a neat thing to consider, certainly. Nice idea!
    I'd be quite happy to write up a quick commentary on what I sort of expect to see tomorrow morning and then a summary of what actually won on Monday/Tuesday, as well as a discussion summary when its all over. Most of it would be rewording pokemon.com/pokebeach/nuggetbridge, but that's what makes top kek Daily content anyway, right?

Should be really easy to do the first one, as the TCG meta will continue to be Night March or Flareon spam and the VGC meta will be "which Pokemon work best with Groudon and Bronzong?". Second will be just a list and some comparisons. Third... Well... Go ahead and put up a Worlds discussion thread if there isn't already one.

The VGC portion would go nice with a peiece on what makes a pokemon worlds-ready, now wouldn't it? HINT HINT.
    Sounds good to me too. I'll provisionally approve although ideally someone else should approve, and also we'll naturally check stuff before it's published anyways (so we may do ninja edits of typos). You know your way around the wordpress side already, so feel free to start writing whenever! Cheers. :)

I'd say that separating commentary of different segments into different sections would be best.

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
    Years
    A reactions article would be a neat thing to consider, certainly. Nice idea!
    Sounds good to me too. I'll provisionally approve although ideally someone else should approve, and also we'll naturally check stuff before it's published anyways (so we may do ninja edits of typos). You know your way around the wordpress side already, so feel free to start writing whenever! Cheers. :)

I'd say that separating commentary of different segments into different sections would be best.
    Approving is overrated
    I went ahead and posted a draft of the time sheet and a quick "what to expect" bit anyway, do what you will with it. Given we are live in 10 tho, I'd do it quickly :P

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Approving is overrated
    I went ahead and posted a draft of the time sheet and a quick "what to expect" bit anyway, do what you will with it. Given we are live in 10 tho, I'd do it quickly :P
    Ah dang, I had gone to sleep 20 minutes before! (Darn time zones). I've made edits (a bit more elaboration made in the VGC section and some linking to existing articles/the forum section for Worlds) and put it up now though, so still reasonable.

Back