• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

WORLD //of// FAIRY TAIL ->++ CELESTIAL SPIRE {PG-16}

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
Years
  • The Kingdom of Fiore... A neutral country of seventeen million people. It is a world of magic. Magic is bought and sold there every day. It is an integral part of people's lives, and there are those who use magic as their occupation. Those people are referred to as Wizards (Mages). The wizards belong to various guilds and perform jobs on commission. There are a large number of guilds within the country, and in a certain city there lies a certain guild... but that's not what our story is about!

South-Western Mountain Range, Fiore - 12:05pm
    Current Conditions: Sunny, 24 degrees Celsius, slight breeze

"I'm surprised anyone even TRAVELS out here, let alone has mail delivered..." A voice, sounding rather irritated at his stroke of luck, mumbled to himself. The lush deciduous forest around him made enough noise of it's own - chirping birds, leafy tree branches swaying in the wind - he hated it. You see, Graive Celiste was a technobuff, he liked technology and mechanics far more than nature. You got muddy in nature, half the animals in nature tried to KILL YOU, so he wasn't a fan. It was times like these that he questioned why he had chosen to become a courier.

When he was in the air, it was no problem, but he couldn't very well land a plane on a mountain. He could have used his magic, but he had a gut feeling that something odd was about to happen. "Aracna Knoll, huh?" He murmured again, looking down at the letter in his hands, the cream-coloured sleeves of his kimono threatening to get in the way as he held it tightly. What kind of person was this man, that lived all of the way out here?

Looking down at the envelope, Graive did not notice the towering structure that was slowly rising before him, at least until he entered the next clearing. "Huh? This is?" He said aloud as he looked up at the building before him. The area around the base was an empty clearing, but the building itself rose high into the sky like a pointed tower. It had to at least be thirty floors! How had he not noticed it earlier? Was there a cloaking magic over it?

More curiously than the tower itself, though, was the small figure sitting on the wooden steps below. A girl, probably around the age of fifteen or sixteen with short, aqua hair, garbed in a dark cloak and witch hat. She was an oddity to see, even more-so that she seemed to be sound asleep... at noon. The breeze caught the cloak that was wrapped around her body, and it fluttered loose, revealing the Blue Pegasus mark on the left side of her bare stomach. Blue Pegasus? Shouldn't she have been back at her guild celebrating the defeat of Oracion Seis? That joint operation between Blue Pegasus, Lamia Scale, Caitshelter and Fairy Tail had gone surprisingly well, last Graive had heard.

The girl on the steps stirred suddenly, aware of the presence of another. Her hands moved from within the cloak, and one appeared to be holding a piece of paper. A guild request? Was she asked out here with the promise of some reward? Her eyes fluttered open, and stared upon Graive's form almost instantly. His messy blond hair, his blue and cream kimono, and the letter in his hand. He felt like she'd completely analyzed him in but a second with her purple eyes. She said nothing, though, and just continued to stare. Awkward.

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
    Years
  • South-Western Mountain Range Path, Fiore. 11:38am
    Current Conditions: Sunny, 24 degrees Celsius, slight breeze.

Crunch, crunch, crunch. Each step was accompanied by a crunch. This rocky path up into the mountains was surrounded by trees which were dancing in the warm breeze. In the middle of the path trudged a figure which had an aura of confusion following it.
    "Really, who would need me out in a mountain range? This is definitely the weirdest request I've gotten for a long time." Spoke the confused figure out loud as it pulled a letter out of the rack sack hanging over its shoulder.

Neolane Aeolila,
    I require your skills at the Spire in the South-Western Mountain range of Fiore.
    Regards,
    Anacra Knoll.

Read the letter. Receiving the letter was as odd as the content of the letter Neolane thought to himself. When the courier showed up at the pool he was wearing a kimono and shaking. After basically forcing the letter onto a still wet Neolane the courier hurried off, never looking back. "That courier was really odd, I wonder why he looked so scared? I didn't think I looked very intimidating.. Do I?" Neolane asked himself as he continued along the rocky path deeper into the mountain range.

Neolane wasn't a huge fan of the mountain ranges in Fiore. They didn't have many water ways passing through them. He was a swimming instructor so this request puzzled him even more. Why would someone need a swimming instructor out here. "How am I even supposed to find this place? There were no directions or anything in the letter!" He said frustrated looking up from the letter. "Uhh.. Where am I?"

After becoming lost in thought and zoning out Neolane had manage to walk off the path into the mountains forest. Looking around he noticed a large spire towering above the trees to the left of where he was standing. No way, Neolane thought to himself beginning in the direction of the towering spire. After struggling through the thick shrubbery which seemingly appeared from nowhere to block his path he stumbled into the clearing that lead to the base of the tower. In front of the tower stood a man in a kimono very similar to the couriers that delivered the letter to him and a girl in witch hat and dark cloak who was sitting on the towers wooden steps holding out something in her hand. They are just silently staring at each other, awkward.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    Spoiler:

(A little bit) Outside of Sabertooth Guild – The Day Before
    Flashback

"Dad…"

"Get out of my sight," His husky tone irritated Amell but that was the least of his worries, as his father who had recently severed all ties with him now needed him.

"We're on the phone…" Idiot, Amell kept that word confined to his own thoughts, his fath-employer would have a fit if he heard it. An accidental chuckle erupted from his lips as he found it pathetic of him to refer to his father as an employer. Just like his chuckle erupted so did screams from the phone. The screams eventually died down to a normal angered tone that Amell was ever so use to. His father had called him and asked him for a favor yet he was the one getting yelled at. Amell wanted to remind him that he could easily turn down any favor he asked, he had tons of jobs at various guilds. In the end, they both knew that Amell would do what his father demanded simply out of fear.

"He treats us poorly! Off with his head!"

"Just give me the address, sir!" The last word was spit out with an abundance of venom. Amell gazed off until the distance as he lay horizontally across two park benches. His hoodie stretched over his head as well as over his eyes so he could avoid the bright sunlight. He was a bit far from South-Western Fiore which unfortunately meant he would be traveling throughout the night with only his thoughts for company. Writing down the information with his trusty ballpoint pen on his jean pocket. Amell smiled at the sight of his Soul Rage incantations, if only things were as simple as they were when he wrote that...

South-Western Mountain Range, Fiore

"Victims up ahead, let's kill them!" Crazed thoughts such as this one often popped into Amell's mind as if someone was forcibly pushing them into his brain. He had taken up the duty of arguing them away from his important thoughts. They always seem to come back to him like an unfriendly boomerang. Amell peered ahead; he spotted three, more than likely, wizards. He had a sixth sense when it came to identifying when someone was a wizard or not. Civilians tend to annoy him as they didn't get much about the guild world and tended to request too much information.

"Blue Pegasus," Amell murmured as he gazed at the mark. Her clothing left a little less to the imagination than what most girls wore. He'd be spotted soon enough by the group that had gathered at the steps to a... tower?! His footsteps ceased as he gawked at the marvelous architecture that towered above him. Carelessly Amell strolled forward and sat on the wooden stairs. The trip had worn him out and now he needed to rest his legs. He sat cross-legged as uncomfortable as it seemed it was the only position he could sit in.

"Are we all here for the same reason?" "No duh, moron!"

"I told you to never call me that," Amell lowered his voice to respond but being at such a close proximity it practically did nothing. Luckily his thoughts decided against arguing back which would lessen the embarrassment for Amell. Instead of focusing on his overwhelming feelings he settled on the wizard in the board shorts. A holder mage, no, a caster mage with no fashion sense, Amell thought to himself. The other guy was a bit tricky to figure out as his kimono covered basically everything. Most likely he was another caster mage, he hadn't seen very many holder mages in his career. A red ribbon caught his attention as it swayed in the oncoming breeze. Amell's shaved head tickled as the breeze touched it causing a shiver to go down his spine.

Last edited:

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2023
    Brius Aegle - South-Western Mountain Range, Fiore

"Why would I need to meet him out here? It's the middle of no where," said an annoyed voice. A vast forest stood around the figure of the voice's owner, sounds of wind and chirping surrounding him. It was the sound of nature and Brius, to put it simply, enjoyed it far more than the sounds of the city.

However, he couldn't necessarily sit and enjoy it for he was on a mission, or to be more precise, on the way to begin a mission. Just recently he had received a job notice of which he gladly accepted. At first glance, it didn't appear to be a hard one, in fact it was the lowest ranked mission there was. So why did he take it? While it wouldn't promise to be too exciting, it still had a surprisingly large award. And the only thing he had to do was meet the man who organized it, a certain Aracna Knoll.

Of course, Brius understood the fact that it could be a trap and had already materialized a rather formidable scythe. He was ready for whatever came up and with that said, he trudged onward for his destination.

It didn't take long for Brius to reach the towering spire that happened to be his destination. While the tower looked quite amazing, it wasn't the only thing that caught his attention. Four people stood in the clearing, their looks completely different from that of the others. They were here for something, just like him. Knowing that they were waiting for a reason, Brius dug his scythe into the ground as he began observing the others.

To start, he looked towards a young man in a kimono, his eyes set towards a girl in what appeared to be a witchy get-up, a Blue Pegasus stamp on the left side of her stomach, similar to his Fairy Tail mark on his ankle. Could they all be here for the job, wondered Brius. If she's a member of a guild, who says that the rest of them aren't. Moving on, he looked towards a brown-haired man in a singlet and grey board shorts. It was a rather odd mix, but based on his own outfit, Brius couldn't really judge. Finally, he set his eyes on the last person there. In Brius' eyes, he appeared pretty average teen, his with the only exception being his bald head.

It was a pretty odd group and for now, all Brius could do was wonder why they were all there.​

for him.

I'm trash.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    Ed St. Cloud

"A friend has asked for you and as a friend I accepted. I need you to meet him at Spire in the South-Western Mountain range of Fiore. His name is Arcana Knoll, you should know him."

Arcana Knoll that was the man that brought Ed outside of his usual environment. He was friend of his master, Lord Jameson, the current head of the Jameson family. Arcana Knoll was known by many of Lord Jameson's other friends as the creepy guy who stands in the corner. It wasn't much of a stretch either as Arcana tended to stand in the corner, stare at people, and cackle to himself. Many of Lord Jameson's friends wondered what he saw in him, but he was friends with Lord Jameson, he couldn't be too bad, in Ed's opinion anyway.

Many people tended to hike through the mountain, something Ed discovered when he many pairs of eyes stared at him. To them, he was a bit of the eyesore. He completely stood out like a sore thumb. Of course, a teenager in a tailcoat walking up mountain would look strange to others with big giant bags on their shoulders, ugly looking jackets, and leather boots.

Ed let out a tired sigh, but when he looked up he was met with a large group of people. They were all just staring at each other.

Well isn't this awkward?

Ed put on a smile and greeted them in the happiest and childlike voice he could muster in his tired state, "Hello!"

His bifocals fell off the bridge of his nose.

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
  • South-Western Mountain Range, Fiore - 9:00am
    Conditions: Raining, 11 degrees Celsius, light wind

How long had it been since she had last traveled in the rain? With a shiver, the aqua-haired girl mulled over her thoughts. Her name was Airi, a mage from the guild known as Blue Pegasus, one of the four guilds to contribute in the Oracion Seis incident. The rest of her guild was surely celebrating their victory, so why had Master Bob sent her out into this empty mountain range so suddenly? Had he picked up on the fact that the rest of the guild didn't like having her around? Well, it was pretty obvious, she figured. A girl with no friends would be no good to have at a party, so maybe it was better she wasn't there.

The rain was heavy and cold, and she could see her breath in the air as she tried to gain her footing in the mud below. Her witch hat stopped a lot of the precipitation from hitting her face, but her bare stomach, shoulders and hands were drenched and freezing. Finally, she noticed something towering above her nearby. A building? Our here? Hopefully, it was the home of the man she was asked to seek. Distracted, Airi stopped paying attention to her footing, and the girl slipped on the slope she was climbing. Her head went backwards, connecting with the trunk of a nearby tree, and then she faded into blackness.

South-Western Mountain Range, Fiore - 12:10pm
    Current Conditions: Sunny, 24 degrees Celsius, slight breeze, awkward

And then she woke up, surrounded by complete strangers who seemed wary of one another. She didn't say anything, or rather wouldn't, unless they displayed some sort of hostility towards her. More pressing questions, like how she had gotten onto the steps of the building, or why her injury was fine, or why her clothes were dry and clean, would have to be pushed aside for now.

"Is it a coincidence we all ended up here at the same time, I wonder?" One of the boys spoke - the boy in the kimono - apparently ignoring the hello of the other gent. A courier? Out here? How odd. He seemed wary of the rest of the group, though, judging by his actions and use of language. And why did he seem to be talking towards the building? "I don't know why you're hiding, but I'm sure we can all feel your magical power!" Come to think of it... Airi spun around as the sound of footsteps clacked against the wood behind her. How had she missed that magical presence?

From the darkness of the building, two figures emerged. The first, an extremely tall man who seemed to have aged quite a while, with short, gray hair and goatee, garbed in black and red robed. The second was a girl who followed up behind him, and couldn't be much older than Airi herself. "How good of you all to come at such short notice." The man spoke, motivation Airi to jump off the stairs onto the ground with everyone else, her hand reaching down to a pen clipped onto her skirt. "My name is Master Anacra, of the guild Celestial Spire. Through fate, you have gathered at my front steps, and I'm glad for that."

"I'm only here to deliver a letter, I have no interest in guilds." The kimono-clad boy spoke, tossing the letter in the old man's direction with little effort. "Now if you'll excuse me..." He turned to walk away, but found something odd about the area behind him. The trees had all wilted away, and the sky had turned red.

The Master of Celestial Spire looked confused. "A courier? Odd. I wouldn't walk into that forest if I were you, though, you'll probably die instantly. Airi's eyes went wide, and she picked the pen from her pocket before writing on thin air with the pink light pen.

"Did you trap us here? What are you after?" The message read, surely provoking the thought in the others that she might be mute.

"Goodness no, this is the work of Exterius, a dark guild that has been plaguing my guild for decades. We haven't even been able to leave the forest for such a time! That was why I had a message sent out to the other guilds to send mages that might be able to help fight off the members of Exterius that are doing this, and free my guild. We'll reward you handsomely, of course." A sly grin crept upon his face. "And those not in a guild, I think it might be wise to help. You won't be able to leave otherwise now."​

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
    Years
  • South-Western Mountain Range, Fiore - 12:08pm
    Current Conditions: Sunny, 24 degrees Celsius, slight breeze.

Why are they just staring at each other silently? Love at first sight?
    Neolane thought as he continued towards the pair from out of the bushes, stopping after only a few steps. What was that noise? Looking towards the sound he noticed there was a path cutting its way through the tree line towards the base of the tower. Oh so that's the path I was suppose to follow.. Regathering his thoughts Neolane noticed the man whose steps were making the noise. He was fairly tall, possibly a touch taller then Neolane but seems much skinny as the hoodie he wore swam on him. The hoodie was basically in tatters with bite marks up and down the sleeves. The man's complete shaven head also made him look a bit.. different in Neolane's mind.

Neolane just watched the man walk straight pass the other two and sit on the stairs cross legged. The bald man looked as if he was muttering words but Neolane was to far away to hear anything coming from the man's mouth, though he had a feeling that the man's lips were just making motions not words. Ignoring this spectacle Neolane continue towards the stairs to join the others, stopping a few feet away from the boy in the kimono to study him more. Is that the guy that was so scared of me when he gave me the letter?

Another noise quickly grabbed Neolane's attention before he had a chance to think on the matter of the kimono wearing boy more. Another one? And they used the proper path as well.. He thought as he watched the new comer approach the group. Again no greeting from this one as he approach the group, slamming his scythe into the ground without a word. An eye patch was the feature that was intriguing Neolane the most as he glanced at the white hair newcomer. This one was studying the girl in the witch hat's tattoo with great interest, but his gaze eventually moved and fell on the other people gathered. Curiously this newcomer's gaze stopped on Neolane and his looked changed, was that confusion, before moving onto the bald man.

Again another man came walking down the path towards the group. He was wearing an outfit that looked overly formal, tail coat, dress shirt, dress pants, dress shoes, he almost looked like a butler. Now this is starting to get really odd, why are so many people coming here? Neolane thought, but what made him more confused was they all felt like they were mages. "Hello!" the man dressed as a butler said happily as he joined the group, finally breaking the silence.

Before getting the chance to reply the boy in the kimono began addressing the group, "Is it a coincidence we all ended up here at the same time, I wonder?" As he was about to reply Neolane realised the boy was addressing the building, so he can feel that too then, must be a mage.
    "I don't know why you're hiding, but I'm sure can all feel your magical power!" There was more frustration on the boy's voice this time.

Two figures emerged out of the buildings darkness, with the tall old man leading a much younger girl. "How good of you all to come at such short notice." The man spoke, addressing the entire group.
    "My name is Master Anacra, of the guild Celestial Spire. Through fate, you have gathered at my front steps, and I'm glad for that."
    What is this guy talking about, he sent me a letter, this was on purpose not fate, oh well.
    "I'm only here to deliver a letter, I have no interest in guilds." the kimino wearing boy spoke, tossing a letter towards the old man. "Now if you'll excuse me.." he halted as he turned, Neolane saw shock on his face.

What the, the entire area surrounding the group completely changed, all the lush alive tree's had suddenly became wilted, with the sky becoming red. "A courier? Odd. I wouldn't walk into that forest if I were you, though, you'll probably die instantly." Master Anacra said casually like this scene was normal.

The girl in the witch hat who had gotten off the stairs at the start of Anacara's 'welcome' was now writing in the air with a light pen. Is she a mute? The message she wrote read "Did you trap us here? What are you after?" The groups gazed dropped on the old man who was beginning to look sinister.

"Goodness no, this is the work of Exterius, a dark guild that has been plaguing my guild for decades. We haven't even been able to leave the forest for such a time! That was why I had a message sent out to the other guilds to send mages that might be able to help fight off the members of Exterius that are doing this, and free my guild. We'll reward you handsomely, of course." A sly grin crept upon his face. "And those not in a guild, I think it might be wise to help. You won't be able to leave otherwise now."

"All I have to do is get rid of this dark guild then? Fine." replied Neolane as he cracked his neck. The grin on the old man's face grew as he heard this.
    "Steam: Burst." murmured Neolane as he clicked three fingers at once on his left hand, staring at the old man. Three massive explosions tore through the trees behind the group. Oh this will be fun, how I love high humidity he thought, turning wards the scorched landscape he just created.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    South-Western Mountain Range, Fiore

His question hadn't gotten an answer, which made Amell upset, why were these people so rude? Was his voice too low to be heard? Immediately after he had gotten situated another mage appeared from the trees. A scythe in hand but it didn't make him look anymore menacing. His eyepatch was an automatic attraction that seemed to scream, "look at me" but maybe that was only to Amell. That and his strange, white hair he had. Amell had only seen white hair on the elderly and this guy definitely wasn't old. Since he hadn't introduced himself he was dubbed "Eyepatch and Scratch" or ES for short. As the guy only had his attention for a few seconds Amell moved on to the forest. He stared off into the distance wondering why he was still here he should've just left. His eyes focused on another, a blonde-haired short guy Amell was tempted to ask him to go fetch them a drink. Several questions swirled around his head when the newcomer interrupted them with a simple greeting. If Amell was going to be ignored then he sure as hell was going to answer someone else. If he had to take a guess, he would once again say he was a caster magic like the rest of them. He most likely had some lame magic that allowed him to serve drinks really quickly to his master.

"Pay attention to your surroundings!" His thoughts were right he needed to focus on the mages and nature around him. They were an odd group but Amell had the feeling he didn't want to face any of them in battle and luckily he hadn't. The sun was present in the sky though it wasn't warm enough for him to take off his hoodie. It would never be warm for that event to occur. A breeze hit him every so often to remind him to stay awake. Amell noticed the guy who didn't know how to dress or as he liked to call him, "FD (Fashion Disaster)" stare at "Kimono" as if he was trying to figure him out. He would obviously call the girl, "Pegasus" and the newest newcomer, "Maid". Now that he had already dubbed them with his own names their real name would have little to no importance to him. In fact, he'd probably forget them if he was ever told them. His stomach stirred ever so slightly like it did whenever a new magic user had come close to him. He counted five of them but Amell knew that he felt a sixth and perhaps seventh. Words spilled out of Kimono's mouth but Amell was too lost trying to locate the source of his gut feeling.

"I don't know why you're hiding, but I'm sure we can all feel your magical power!" Kimono had yelled this into the shadows as if they were going to come alive and have a lively discussion with him. No, he had pinpointed the source of the power and he had done it quite quickly. Amell moved back from the stairs if there was someone coming he wanted to be prepared. Two figures came from the dark, a man and a woman, one young one old. His facial expression showed obvious distaste in the man, Master Anacra, who had just introduced himself. The woman at his side hadn't said anything yet but Kimono did he had decided that he was too good for them and was leaving. Anacra simply responded by telling them they would die if they were to leave this place now. Wait, what did he just say, die?

"We either get to die by your forest or die to protect you, tough choice!" His voice faded at the end as it seemed that this was more of a thought to himself rather than to be spoken aloud. It seemed like Pegasus was a mute and communicated via light pen. She asked a question that was assured to not be true but also let them know they were dealing with a dark guild. Amell disliked dark guild their members were always so full of themselves.

"Where are your mages at?" "In the guild hall, you idiot" Before Amell could answer or ask another question FD had decided to jump the gun attacking the forest with some steam-type magic. This guy was a bigger fool than Amell had taken him as. He had attacked landscape not knowing where the enemy actually lurked and revealed his magic to them. His hands came to his face as he shook his head he wondered if they were all this forward with their fighting.

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
  • Celestial Spire, South-Western Mountain Range, Fiore - 12:15pm

"Stop it!"

Surprisingly, it was the voice of the Blue Pegasus girl that rang through the air following the explosions behind them, covering her face from any debris that might have flown in their direction with her hands. In response to the words, dark purple, magic glyphs began to spread across her body before two black tendrils seemed to shoot out of her stomach and into the ground. Less than a few seconds later, they shot up from below Neolane, binding his hands at his side so he could no longer cast magic. The tendrils were strong, and sheer muscle power alone would not be enough to break free.

Realizing she had accidentally attack the stranger by speaking, she grabbed her pen once more. "Sorry! I can't control them vary well... But this is a popular traveling area! The spell surrounding this plice seems to only be affective on those that approach the spire."

"Basically, there could be civilians in the forest, completely unaffected by the trap spell, that you could have just injured." Graive restated the girl's point in a manner that was easier to understand. What was with those typos in her writing, anyways? He glanced over at the tall one and restated his question for Anacra. "Where ARE your guild members?"

"Gone. Either taken or killed by Exterius." The elderly man replied, his eyes drooping down sadly. The girl behind him, her appearance shrouded in a cloak, took his old, vein-filled hands with one of her own. "Only Setzi here remains - she lost her parents to that guild a couple years ago."​

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
    Years
  • Celestial Spire, South-Western Mountain Range, Fiore - 12:15pm
    Current Conditions: Sunny, 24 degrees Celsius, slight breeze, messed up.

Why is that bald guy looking at me like that, this is the most efficient way.
    "Stop it!"
    What a beautiful voice that was, whose was it? Neolane thought as he looked towards the Blue Pegasus girl with wonder. I thought she was a.. his thought stopped dead. "What the-" escaped his lips as he watched purple quickly spread across the girls body. Two black tendrils seemed to suddenly erupt out of her stomach and shoot into the ground.
    "Wait a second!" Protested Neolane in vain as the two tendrils shot up underneath him, wrapping around his hands and pulling them to his sides.

Concern grew on the girls face as she grabbed her pen and began writing. Why does she look so worried?
    "Sorry! I can't control them vary well... But this is a popular traveling area! The spell surrounding this plice seems to only be affective on those that approach the spire."

"How can you have typo's when you're writing with a pen.." Neolane said to himself quietly as he continued to look at the girl who just attacked him.

"Basically, there could be civilians in the forest, completely unaffected by the trap spell, that you could have just injured." translated the kimino clad boy. Before Neolane had a chance to reply the boy looked back at the old man, asking him another question about his guild members, once again sounding even more irritated.

"Gone. Either taken or killed by Exterius." The old man replied, his eyes drooping down sadly as his grin vanished completely. The cloaked girl behind Master Anacra took his hand in her own after he said this. "Only Setzi here remains - she lost her parents to that guild a couple years ago."

"That's a very sad story, I'm sorry to hear that." Neolane sincerely said as he cross his legs in mid-air, still being held by the tendrils. "On topic of this trap magic I personally don't think it works the way you two are saying it does. I watched everyone who is here besides you two approach the tower down that path and each time someone came nothing in the environment changed. The sky stayed the same colour and the trees stayed alive, nothing changed until the old man opened up the guild doors, I can't be the only one who noticed.. So from this information I concluded that the magic drags or moves us to a different plane or dimension that's created by the spell. I also believe that the magic is activated when the guilds doors are open, if not there would have been plenty of cases reported on missing tourists who came to visit this area and there hasn't been. Therefore I figured the most efficient way to deal with this situation would be to find whoever is controlling this magic and kill them. Clearing the area around us would be the fastest way to find them. Though I'm only a swimming instructor so if you guild mages think I'm wrong I apologise and I am very sorry for being so reckless but I think I'm pretty close to being on the money, aren't I Anacra?" Did no one else notice this at all? "Also can you please release me from the tendrils, though that purple does look stunning running around your body." He said smiling gently. "Oh and one more thing, if there were civilians in the forest they'd already be dead as per the Anacra's words."

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    Celestial Spire, South-Western Mountain Range, Fiore

Amell sat down on the steps once more it was clear that he was invisible in this situation. As anyone comment or question he made seemed to get interrupted or blatantly ignored by everyone. Kimono thought that he was the leader of the group apparently and had three thousands questions to ask. FD had some issues because he just attacked a bunch of trees and the Blue Pegasus girl just lighted up with purple lights. Two dark shadow-like things flew from her and wrapped themselves around FD stopping him from using any more of his magic. He had never seen this kind of magic before, what was this?

"Cool, let's just kill each other before we begin!" He laughed at his own joke because he had a feeling no one else would.

Pegasus who had previously talked which meant she wasn't a mute but still continued to write with that pen. Clearly, she was inexperienced if her magic just randomly attacks people when she's emotional. With that Amell scooted a little further away from them and noted to not stand by her if they were in a group setting. Even though she didn't have proper control he knew that she was a powerful ally nonetheless. The old guy answered Kimono's question which was his question that he just rephrased. Amell snorted, he didn't need this guy asking his questions for him!

"Kimono, I don't need YOUR help asking MY questions," He stood up as if he dared Kimono to do or say anything back to him.

Anacra answered by saying were all dead besides the girl that stood beside him she was all that was left. He wanted to say something to give his condolence but didn't know what to say. FD started to blabber about how he had this amazing theory that could possibly work. Something about trap magic that could be dangerous or not. Amell decided to tune it out because it wasn't worth listening to. Basically he wasn't a guild mage and had a hero complex. He was still being lifted into the air by the tendrils which was quite funny to him.

Last edited:

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2023
    Brius Aegle - Southwest Mountain Range, Fiore

It didn't take long for yet another young man to walk into the clearing, his odd formal attire looking as if he wasn't prepared for a journey of any kind. Why was he out here? Then again, why were all these people here?

The man in the kimono seemed to be a courier, so that was explainable. And the Blue Pegasus girl and himself were obviously here on guild business, but what about the others. The butler-like person seemed to have no need to be here besides to serve drinks, the bald-teen seemed to be a mere civilian, and finally, the man in the board shorts. Well, Brius couldn't really think about that. Nonetheless, they had to have a reason. But what was it? Brius could feel some magical power from them but there was something else. A power stronger then all of theirs...

Suddenly, the boy in the kimono spoke, "Is it a coincidence we all ended up here at the same time, I wonder?" However, it seemed that while the question was for everybody, he aimed it more towards the shadows of the spire. "I don't know why you're hiding, but I'm sure we can all feel your magical power!"

So he sensed it too, thought Brius. With that thought out of the way, Brius watched as two people walked out of the tower. A tall, older man and a girl who seemed to be his own age. "How good of you all to come at such short notice," said the old man. "My name is Master Anacra, of the guild Celestial Spire. Through fate, you have gathered at my front steps, and I'm glad for that."

Fate. How does fate have anything to do with him sending me a job notice?

"I'm only here to deliver a letter, I have no interest in guild," continued the courier before turning to walk away. Brius followed the kimono-wearing teen as he walked towards the wilted forest. Wait, what?

Just moments ago, the forest had been green with life, but now... Now it was all dead, the sky red like the skin of an angry person.

It didn't take long for the guild master to respond, a confused expression on his face. "A courier? Odd. I wouldn't walk into that forest if I were you, though, you'll probably die instantly."

"Did you trap us here? What are you after?" The witch-hatted girl wrote in the sky. She appeared to be mute, but it didn't mean she was stupid. She had written exactly what Brius was thinking. Knowing that this may be the case, he tightened his grip on the scythe. He was ready if the man decided to attack.

"Goodness no, this is the work of Exterius, a dark guild that has been plaguing my guild for decades. We haven't even been able to leave the forest for such a time! That was why I had a message sent out to the other guilds to send mages that might be able to help fight off the members of Exterius that are doing this, and free my guild. We'll reward you handsomely, of course. And those not in a guild, I think it might be wise to help. You won't be able to leave otherwise now."

That irritated Brius quite a bit. "The message I received stated the mission was the lowest rank possible," he started. "If the Exterius members can do this to the forest, that would make this at least an S-class." He was right about that after all, but the man couldn't answer his question as the man in the board shorts used his magic, a burst of steam shooting from his hands into the dead forest. Idiot. Not only did he reveal his magic, but also shoot aimlessly. For all he knew, there could be hikers out there, pushed off a ledge because of what he did,

Moving to stop him, Brius was beaten to the punch. A "Stop it!" erupting behind him. Turning to the girl beside Anacra, he was astonished to realize it was not her, but the girl whom he thought was mute. But that wasn't the only thing that caught surprise, it was her dark magic. A power that caused to vine-like obgects to shoot from her body, ensnaring the steam mage. Surprise, surprise It was probably smart not to get on her bad side.

Mere moments passed before the girl switched back to her pen, her explanation for her actions settling in the air, a few spelling mistake in her message. The kimono-clad man explaining more in depth afterwards.

And in the mean time, Master Anacra's smile still not changing. However, his smile finally began to droop upon answering the question asked by baldy. His guild members had all died trying to fight Exterius. It was a sad story, but why endanger the lives of even more people? For a moment, Brius began feeling the sadness seep into his own minds before listening once more to the odd man. He appeared to have an odd hypothesis to the event, but it seemed rather unlikely. Even if this could be an alternate dimension, the odds that Exterius could accomplish that was pretty low.

"Don't think about it too much," started Brius, picking up his scythe. It's more likely that we saw an illusion as we traveled up, not another dimension. Anyways, would you like me to cut you down?"​

for him.

I'm trash.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    Ed St. Cloud​

His greeting was met with death ears. Ed did feel a bit down, but managed to shake it off to pick up his bifocals and put it right back on the bridge of the nose. He took in the group in front of him, but couldn't help but get the nagging feeling that someone was missing. He felt one magical presence extra, but saw one less body.

His eyes sparkled as he saw two people that stood out to him. One was well, tan and bald. Sure his clothes were a bit old, worn out, and oversized, but he was bald. Ed's eyes sparkle and he really, really wanted to ask if he was wearing some kind of bald cap. He also felt the urge to touch his head too, to make sure e genuinely had no hair. (He also really wanted to know what a bald head felt like…)

The other person reminded him a lot of Lord Gerald, Lord Jameson's son. He had the same blond hair he had and the same smug like look. He was wearing a bright green kimono, something very strange among men these days. It had actually been a while since he had sewn something so… ancient… He personally wanted to examine the article of clothing himself to see if he could reproduce it. (Plus he found the thought of Lord Gerald in a kimono quite entertaining.)

"Is it a coincidence we all ended up here at the same time, I wonder?" The boy in the kimono asked, "I don't know why you're hiding, but I'm sure we can all feel your magical power!"

So I wasn't imagining things.

Two figures soon appeared out of nowhere after the outburst by the blond boy in the green kimono. It made Ed jump a little as they way they appeared was used by himself and all of the other butlers of the Jameson household. He and the rest of the butlers enjoyed appearing out of nowhere to scare people and when they had time they would share their conquests. It was nostalgic, but it did make him wonder where they learned to do it.

One was none other than Anarca. He was as old as always. His skin was a bit wrinkled, but even with his old appearance he still was very tall and managed to tower above Ed. His grey hair and goatee looked a bit weird on a man his age and he still wore red robes, like the ones he wore at the many parties he attended. Something seemed slightly different though. He was more at peace here, less creepy. It was a bit hard to believe he was the man that was known for cackling in the corner and watching people as they walked by.

The other was a girl, no older than that stereotypical witch girl with the most revealing clothing he had ever seen that was there at the moment. Her hair was brown and she was a bit taller than Ed. He narrowed his eyes a bit, obviously bitter about his height. Would there ever be a person shorter than him?

"How good of you all to come at such short notice," Anarca greeted, "My name is Master Anacra, of the guild Celestial Spire. Through fate, you have gathered at my front steps, and I'm glad for that."

The title of master caught Ed's attention. Not many people introduced themsevels with that kind of title unless they were master of wizard guilds.

Lord Jameson sent me to a wizard guild, but why? I am not needed here.

"I'm only here to deliver a letter, I have no interest in guilds," The kimono-clad boy spoke, tossing the letter in the old man's direction with little effort, "Now if you'll excuse me..." He turned to walk away, but found something odd about the area behind him. The trees had all wilted away, and the sky had turned red.

"A courier? Odd. I wouldn't walk into that forest if I were you, though, you'll probably die instantly." Anarca warned.

Die? Did he just say die?

The girl in the really revealing clothing jumped a bit and her eyes seemed like they were going to pop out of their sockets. From her pocket she pulled out a pen and scribbled a message fiercely in the air. In pink ink, the message read: "Did you trap us here? What are you after?"

"Goodness no, this is the work of Exterius, a dark guild that has been plaguing my guild for decades. We haven't even been able to leave the forest for such a time! That was why I had a message sent out to the other guilds to send mages that might be able to help fight off the members of Exterius that are doing this, and free my guild. We'll reward you handsomely, of course." A sly grin crept upon Anarca's face. "And those not in a guild, I think it might be wise to help. You won't be able to leave otherwise now."

Ed shivered. He recognized Anarca's grin. It was the same kind of look he would give many of the attendants at the party. At least he wasn't cackling. Ed had to admit, his cackling was one of the scariest things he had ever heard. (Thankfully this was something the other butlers and maids didn't tease him about. They were very much afraid of his cackling as much as Ed was.)

But they were trapped. That dawned on Ed slowly as he got over Anarca's grinning. They were trapped, with no way out. But how? He didn't want to be trapped? He wondered if Lord Jameson knew what was going on. Did he send him to help Anarca? But if so, how could he have been to all those parties Lord Jameson threw?

A man with a swimmer like body grunted. He was tan, almost as tan as that bald one, "All I have to do is get rid of this dark guild then? Fine."

The man snapped his fingers three times and as soon as he did three loud explosions sounded inside the forest. Many trees fell and some were burned. Steam rose from the forest and Ed thought he could hear a couple of screams. Maybe he was imagining it because he shouldn't have heard anything with the volume of the explosion.

"Stop it!"

Surprisingly it was that girl with the revealing clothing. Her voice rang out through the air as the explosions boomed from the forest. Purple runes crawled up and down her skin and soon tendrils shot out of her body and into the ground. The tendrils revealed themselves once more and restrained the wrists of the boy who was insane enough to detonate the forest.

The girl must have realized something and was in a state of utter panic. She fumbled with her pen again and wrote a very broken message in pink ink: "Sorry! I can't control them vary well... But this is a popular traveling area! The spell surrounding this plice seems to only be affective on those that approach the spire."

Ed was very shocked still. He had assumed she was mute, but it seemed she wasn't. And those tendrils, could those be a result of her magic? Maybe her voice triggered them. But anyway, what was confusing to Ed was why there were mistakes in the girl's written message.

"BASICALLY," The boy in the kimono stressed, "There could be civilians in the forest that were completely unaffected by the trap spell could have gotten injured."

The blond boy paused and then continued (Ed resisted thinking of a blond joke when the boy paused), "WHERE are your guild members?"

Anarca paused contemplating something before opening his mouth, "Gone, either taken or killed by Exterius. Only Setzi here remains - she lost her parents to that guild a couple years ago."

At the mention of her parents, the girl in the red robes let her face fall. She was sad and her eyes were brimming with tears. Ed's heart wrenched, she must have loved them so much and for her to love them, they must have loved her too. Ed envied her a little that her parents loved her so much. It made him angry that these people would take away a daughter from her loving parents.

"That's a very sad story, I'm sorry to hear that." The crazy arsonist said out of pity, while still being restrained by the tendrils. Ed glared, she didn't need pity. The arsonist sucked in a breath before adding his two-cents, "On topic of this trap magic I personally don't think it works the way you two are saying it does. I watched everyone who is here besides you two approach the tower down that path and each time someone came nothing in the environment changed. The sky stayed the same color and the trees stayed alive, nothing changed until the old man opened up the guild doors, I can't be the only one who noticed. So from this information I concluded that the magic drags or moves us to a different plane or dimension that's created by the spell. I also believe that the magic is activated when the guilds doors are open, if not there would have been plenty of cases reported on missing tourists who came to visit this area and there hasn't been. Therefore I figured the most efficient way to deal with this situation would be to find whoever is controlling this magic and kill them. Clearing the area around us would be the fastest way to find them. Though I'm only a swimming instructor so if you guild mages think I'm wrong I apologize and I am very sorry for being so reckless but I think I'm pretty close to being on the money, aren't I Anacra? Also can you please release me from the tendrils, though that purple do look stunning running around your body."

Ed groaned mentally, "Then why even tell us if you aren't even sure of your credibility?"

It was obvious that Ed was really annoyed at this "swimming instructor." His annoyance came from the fact that he gave her pity. No one that lost their parents wanted pity or "I'm sorry." Just silence would have been enough, a pat on the back, or some kind of comforting gesture would do, but no one wanted pity. It hurt more. (The possibility of innocents being blown up wasn't helping Ed's annoyance for the man at all.)

"Don't think about it too much," A new deep voice mused aloud. The source was a man with a scythe, "It's more likely that we saw an illusion as we traveled up, not another dimension. Anyways, would you like me to cut you down?"

"Don't cut him down yet," Ed interrupted, "If you are trapped here, how have you been able to be at Lord Jameson's party? The Jameson manor isn't even near this place, so tell me, if we are really trapped, how were you able to be at the Jameson manor?"

Back