• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Worst fakedex

Equinoxe

pleeease listen to meee
Years
    • ~
    • Seen Dec 4, 2016
    @ MiTjA: I'll probably see if I can make Fowilisk a bit smaller (not today though, I got things to do).

@ moudinho: any reason why? The sprites or the designs? Does the asymmetry bother you?
    Just saying they're crappy doesn't exactly help much :/

QUICKEDIT: also why exactly should they be 'impressive', as you put it? They're supposed to be imbalanced, grotesque shadows of the balanced version anyway.
    (not trying to be that defensive here, it's just that people who go 'lol opinion but no reason for it' tick me off)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2011
    Really like this one:
    e_wm.png

moudinho

Moudinho Of All Trades
    Years
  • Well,for one,equilance's imbalanced forms other hand(the smaller hand) looks wierd.I dont know why but it just does.haha.

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2016
    I really like a lot of them. Especially the unique type combinations. I have also always wanted dragon type starters.^^

Markus1992

Azura
    Years
  • Job well done, I am impressed.

The only thing I would have to agree on is the positioning of your water starter... i especially think 'Woofresh' would look cooler taking on a difference stance.

Tailop and Bountail are my favourites!!! :) I also like the hybrid type of Ice / Electric...

Years
  • I really like Equilance, lol. Did you just do the storylines or have you made up a fake region and fake storyline? That'd be kind of cool if you did a complete ~150 Pokédex and had stories and descriptions.

But, I don't think you really like your own designs... apparently? :P I've come to accept that anything can become a Pokémon now that we have ice cream cones and trash bags for friends.

Friends we have battle.

Equinoxe

pleeease listen to meee
    Years
    • ~
    • Seen Dec 4, 2016
    Thanks guys/girls P:

@Markus1992: I'll probably redo some of the sprites that are a bit iffy after I've gotten some sort of sprites for all the fakes P:

@Wyatt Fire: some sort of a storyline actually exists! There's also a region map but it needs complete redoing because it's old and kind of horrible. Dex entries and such are in progress.

I do like my designs and also the ones my sister's made even if it might not sound like that P:
    this is just how I roll

what? new sprites? O:
    va_wm.png

second fossil line, and it's a griffin!

QUICKEDIT: also updated Fowilisk (made it a tad smaller)

EDIT#2: third and last fossil line!
    (might not look like a rock type but shush it's the fossil part that is rock, also I don't give a f)
    vb_wm.png

Last edited:

Darkrai::.

Darkrai Rulez
    Years
  • Nice collection, I really like that one thing unique about your pokedex, it has unique type combinations rarely used, thats awesome! :3

Equinoxe

pleeease listen to meee
    Years
    • ~
    • Seen Dec 4, 2016

Steel types, the steel gym leader's (
    1gym_steel_wm.png
    ) shield/sword duo!

vc_wm.png

vd_wm.png

Years
  • That VS. Sprite is the greatest thing ever.

Anyhow, the concept of Arminite is great and the sprite looks pretty good, too. I do think some parts of Arminite look a bit flat, though, due to the shading on the arms or lack thereof and the shading/lighting techniques used on the metal spikes. Other than that, everything other than Sheeld's legs (maybe have the lighting look a bit more natural?) looks great. Keep up the amazing work!

dazzle

Scripting Apprentice
    Years
  • not very bad at all bro id be glad to have you sprite for me! if you would like to join me and the rest of team shiny chrome then just send me a vm or pm

tnguye3

Very, very, very lazy spriter.
    Years
  • These sprites are great!
    The lineart is smooth, and the shading is also put in the correct places.
    I don't really see anything wrong with them, and your designs are also unique.

I also like the style as it somewhat resembles the BW series. Keep up the good work. :>

Equinoxe

pleeease listen to meee
    Years
    • ~
    • Seen Dec 4, 2016
    Thanks, all! P:

@ Karpman: Yeah, they're flat, but tbh they looked pretty awful when I tried making them more sword-like in shading D:

anyhoww, more stuff after a little quiet period! I have a new, badass laptop and it feels gooood to sprite on this thing (well, doing anything on this new baby feels great, especially knowing how awful my old lousy HP notebook was)

ve_wm.png

day/night form changes, not evolutions obviously P:
    (based on the Penanggalan)

vf_wm.png

Scaraburr's ability changes it from bug/ground into bug/fire when Sunny Day is in effect, isn't that neat?

Scaraburr's counterpart is coming next!
    stay tuned or something

Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2012
    vf_wm.png

Scaraburr's ability changes it from bug/ground into bug/fire when Sunny Day is in effect, isn't that neat?

Scaraburr's counterpart is coming next!
    stay tuned or something

scarball looks great however his eyes dont seem to suit the rest of him, to me they appear small and hard to read
    Scaraburr looks awesome, although the back end of him doesnt line up with the rest of the body, idk it might just be my perspective :)
    fantastic dex though

Equinoxe

pleeease listen to meee
    Years
    • ~
    • Seen Dec 4, 2016
    Thanks!
    I thought Scarabal's eyes were pretty big considering how small it is but idk (the yellow tiny spots are just the pupils).
    I had some problems with the back area, I really hate doing these kind of curvy things with pixels because they always end up looking odd. Might try to fix it later though (I have a list of sprites that will be edited/redone after most of the pokemons are sprited).

here's Scaraburr's counterpart (and woops Dytiscal seems to have some perspective abnormality going on too, try to ignore that O_o;)
    vg_wm.png

Dytiscal changes into a bug/water type when Rain Dance is in effect, sort of mirroring Scaraburr's behavior.

EDIT:
    vh_wm.png

I think I gotta do some explaining here. This line is based on the para, which is a neat little spirit-creature in Finnish folklore (I just recently found out about this thing and found it fascinating). A para steals things from others and brings them to its master, ain't that cute? It can appear as a ball of yarn or a roll of birch bark, or alternatively as a cat or a bird. The design of the fake (done by my sister, again) combines some of these elements.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2014
    These sprites are made fantastically, but my favourite design is the emo pony Pegasulk! And Pegasteed is great too :3 The Ghost/Psychic legendary is also very cool.

But rename Cockout. Seriously.

Lunacrest

has ninja'd: 2600
    Years
  • Your sprites....they're....they're.....(tries to find words to describe how AWESOME they are)

The thing should be renamed Unique Fake Dex. You're sprites ARE NOT THE WORST. I can't do anything like the things that you do, and the shading on some of them is FANTASTICO! My favorites are Firbulen, and Exbinar. They're SO COOL. I think you should be the new spriter for Game Freak. EVEN BETTER THAN WHAT GAME FREAK COMES UP WITH. In fact, I'm going to show Game Freak this. JK about the last sentence. That VS Sprite is VERY creative. I could only imagine what you would do as a Trainer Spriter.

Back