• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Worst Game Ever

Rye29

Oh what
    Years
    We all know that not every Pokemon game is great, so what's the worst? I say it's Pokemon Dash. The game play is bad, it gets tedious, and the only thing fun about it is at the menu screen, you can ness w/ Pikachu. Do you agree? And what do you think is the worst game?

Feathing

Water Gym Master
    Years
    I didn't play PKMN Dash.. But for me a bad game was PKMN Ranger.. It's good, but its nothing compared with the REAL PKMN Games.. I think DP isn't too great too..

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2023
    I really REALLY didn't like Ranger AT ALL. It was hard to follow, boring to play and was pretty much pointless. I got it for Manaphy but instantly traded it in after I went to the event.

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    To be honest I really thought diamond and pearl were bad games. The story line was like kind of kiddiesh... They made team galactic weird and nothing made me excited in the game except for battling and trading over wi-fi. Otherwise another bad pokemon games is PKMN Dash and a little bit of pokemon collusium. (spelling)

Galbinus

Speeds.
    Years
    • Seen May 4, 2008
    :S I didn't really like FireRed.. They could have done so much more with the revamp of the first games, but they sort of trashed it IMO. :C

Years
    I really REALLY didn't like Ranger AT ALL. It was hard to follow, boring to play and was pretty much pointless. I got it for Manaphy but instantly traded it in after I went to the event.

I agree.

I only got it for Manaphy but the game was so bad I didnt want to play through it for Manaphy.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
    To be honest I really thought diamond and pearl were bad games. The story line was like kind of kiddiesh... They made team galactic weird and nothing made me excited in the game except for battling and trading over wi-fi. Otherwise another bad pokemon games is PKMN Dash and a little bit of pokemon collusium. (spelling)

I'm inclined to agree here, mostly because it seriously disappointed me. First off, while I'll have to say the goals of Galactic were nice, I was always annoyed by the fact that it took 10282710 mini storylines to get the next town and battle another Gym Leader. Second, none of the Pokemon strike me as particularly interesting, unlike in previous generations, where something seriously popped out at me. Third, "improvements" on things from previous generations (such as what DP did with contests) just made me headdesk repeatedly. Even the Poketch, which would've been a nice convenience, really ends up being a hassle to deal with because you have to scroll through 30+ programs to find the one you actually need. And berries that don't grow back (the way they did in Gen III)?

Not only that, but, nitpicks aside, there were also moments when I just didn't feel like the recurring characters didn't "shine" as much as they did in Gen III. For example, Galactic's goals are pretty cliche. Sorry, Cyrus, but I'm probably going to remember Archie and Maxie before I remember you because at least they were messed up on a completely different level that I can't compare to the cartoons I watched when I was a kid. Likewise, while RSE had pretty memorable Gym Leaders (Oh God, I'm still creeped out by Liza and Tate.), I just don't feel like any of the DP Gym Leaders were particularly interesting (except maybe when considering the slashing between Flint and Volkner... and even then, not so much). Cynthia felt like a ditz to me (unlike what I was expecting), and about halfway through the game, I was just about ready to shoot my rival, not because he was antagonistic but because he had to have been the most annoying rival we've had yet.

And then on top of that, I can't use the Wi-Fi capabilities until I get a special connector from Nintendo (because none of the local Wi-Fi points are compatible for some reason), so that just took away more of the cool factor from the game.

However, despite all that ranting, it's still in second place for the worst in my heart compared to the horror that is the original Pokemon Pinball. I love pinball. I love Pokemon. I do not love the sick lovechild between the two. The reason why is because I felt it was difficult to control, making stages unnecessarily long. You had a Poke Ball for a pinball, and you were to bounce it around this stage filled with obstacles using just a pair of flippers in order to hit a tiny target to capture a Pokemon -- and even then, the capture wasn't guaranteed, if I recall correctly. That's right. Tiny Poke Ball, tiny target, loads of obstacles, not even a guaranteed capture. It had no storyline that I can remember, and even beyond that, the concept got really old, really fast.

I barely made it past Pewter City on the Red Field before I just gave up.

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Any game/object based off of the anime
    -Pokemon Snap (Proffesor's apperance/Voice just like the Anime's one) >.<;
    -Pokemon Puzzle League (I don't even consider this a true spinoff. It was made by Nintendo of America, and was NEVER released in Japan)
    -Pokemon Yellow(A game made soley for getting an extra buck out. Red, Green, and Blue covered everything that needed to be)
    -SSBM (Misty Trophy) (Give here her RGBY of GSC Apperence, not her stupid Anime one!)

I hate the anime so much! >:O

Rebellious Treecko

The coolest.
    Years
    -SSBM (Misty Trophy) (Give here her RGBY of GSC Apperence, not her stupid Anime one!)
    I hate the anime so much! >:O
    I find that ironic, as Sakurai wasn't going to put anime characters (possibly trophies?) in Brawl. :P
    (yes, I know you're talking about Melee.) :|

I haven't played Pokemon Dash, Ranger, or Mystery Dungeon, but I'm not sure if most are really worth the money.
    Maybe I will buy Mystery Dungeon though; I've seen positive reviews about the games.

I also have to agree with Jax on DP's contest system. I didn't like them as much as the Hoenn contests. Mostly because they were longer, and...girlish. *shot* I didn't like how you there were 3 judges in the third round either.
    Some of the music was good, and I liked the designs of some of the routes and Pokemon in Sinnoh, but it doesn't have a big impact like R/S/E did. (the music there is better too)
    I sorta liked Team Galactic's plans, but there wasn't much to do after Dailga/Palkia was awakened except battle Cyrus and the legendary. You should've had to do some exploring to fix everything like in R/S/E.

And then there's Pokemon Colloseum(sp) The low polygon graphics dissapointed me, as well as the somewhat plain storyline. It didn't really have the feel of a Pokemon game to me. (the main character starts with lv.20 something Pokemon)
    Not to mention the game I got for christmas WOULDN'T SAVE.

Pokemon Yellow, meh. It's kinda fun, like a whole new experance of R/B. I only play it for the glitches nowadays. My Pokemon have great difficulty just beating a normal trainer in Fuschia City. (and I leveled them up a lot)

Last edited:

Spiritfire

It's super effective...
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2008
    Nintendo 64's Pokemon Snap? :/

Almost all Pokemon games are good. I'd say Pokemon Battle Revolution wasn't good for Pokemon RPG fans...

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2008
    We all know that not every Pokemon game is great, so what's the worst? I say it's Pokemon Dash. The game play is bad, it gets tedious, and the only thing fun about it is at the menu screen, you can ness w/ Pikachu. Do you agree? And what do you think is the worst game?
    Lots of levels are realy fun regardless of quality.

For me, it was Hey You Pikachu. I don't think anyone even remembers that game.
    I liked that game, channel was fun in a odd way, I mean in a very odd way...

Last edited:

Furanty

神の右手
    Years
    Pokémon Ranger and Pokémon Dash are the worst games of Pokémon I've ever played. Well I sold both games months ago.

Sakura-Katana

Team Rocket Executive
    Years
    Pokemon Box. It was a GameCube game that was nothing more than a set of PC boxes to store Ruby/Sapphire Pokemon. It couldn't even hold Emerald or Fire Red/Leaf Green Pokemon. Unless you hoarded freakish amounts of Pokemon in Ruby/Sapphire, enough to fill up every box space, it was completly useless.

Back