• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen ~*!*~worst Moves Of 1st/2nd Generation~*!*~

Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2010
    Whirlpool, Cut... most HMs... Oh and I hate, hate, hated rollout. DAMN YOU MILTANK!

anemos

Insomniac
    Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2010
    bide waits 2 turns. most hms are bad, why did rock smash BECOME one?

Years
    Whirpool, Splash, Rock Smash, Growl, Roar, Fire Spin, Flash are the ones I can think of.

Someone said Mean Look, I found it useful when I came up against the 3 dogs/cats

mew2three567

Reinvented.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2011
    The only move that is really pointless is whirlwind. Why don't you just run, instead of wasting PP on a battle. Also, helping hand.

Years
    The only move that is really pointless is whirlwind. Why don't you just run, instead of wasting PP on a battle. Also, helping hand.

No it isn't at least in the second generation. Whirlwind works in trainer battles. It is useful for getting rid of your opponent's pokemon if they have used stat boosting moves like Swords Dance.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I don't understand why they have to have Roar AND Whirlwind... Roar should be enough, since it's an TM. They're both Normal-type moves, and they both do the same thing. -shrugs-

I don't like the move Dig. See, if Mr. Dugtrio decided to use Dig on Little Miss Pikachu, Little Miss Pikachu's trainer could switch her out and bring in Sir Pidgeotto so the attack can be easily dodged. Mr. Dugtrio's screwed and wasted one PP.

I didn't like Flash, because it really only served a purpose to light up dungeons (mind you, if you're like me and you've played the games a thousand times, you can get by without Flash).

My other least favorite moves are Sweet Scent, Fire Spin, Whirlpool, Drill Peck (Aerial Ace owns this move, no doubt), Fly, OHKO moves (Sheer Cold, etc.) and Fury Attack (and Pin Missile, the like).

Years
    i dont like:

Fient:it sucks you can never use it unless youre going against pelipper/medicham etc

wirlwind:useless some pokes have the ability to run away now

mean look: running ledgens still pwn you whether you use it or not

Tail whip:should actually be a physical attack

Growl:................screw that

Sweet Scent: with the encounter rate in diamond..itd be useless

Flash:wtf....its a tm now

and what happened to whirlpool and dive as Hm's

and i absoultly* hate Defog

seanmorely

Self-proclaimed sexiest member
    Years
    Most useless moves ever are imo Growl, Splash, Foresight, etc.

I also never understood Razor wind. A 2 turn move that causes 80 damage? What's up with that?

For the people who doubt the use of Whirlwind/Roar, it can be quite useful for 2 things.

- Make a stat boosted opponent switch and lose it's stat boosts. Very useful.

- Have 3 layers of Spikes scatterd around your opponent and have a great wall like skarmory use roar to do a nice amount of damage on your opponent without directly battling it.

Years
    Splash is useless but I think t's one of the funniest attacks in Pokemon.

Rock Smash in GSC is really weak and useless. Luckily they improved it in RSE.
    Whirlpool used to be a decent attack in GSC, but then they weakened it in RSE.

I don't really like Sweet Scent that much either. It's okay outside of battle but inbattle, it's kinda useless. Unless critical hit ratio increases with less evaisiveness.

Overused Counfsion-based attacks like Supersonic and Confuse Ray made it really annoying to fight those wild Tentacools and Wingulls.

I hate overused protection moves like Protect and Detect because inbattle NPC's can use these attacks hundreds of times without failing.

J-Rad

In ur comp h4xing ur interwebz
    Years
    SPLASH IS THE MOST POINTLESS MOVE IN THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!
    Man I mean whats next a move called fart were u just hurt urself.

Yeah and I always hated protect/detect. The comp would use em like 20 times in arow and waste all my pp. Then I'd use it only twice then it failed.

I also never liked confusing moves. I'd always hit my self in confusion until the confusion went away. When I used them they were a wate of time on the account of thry never hurt themsevles and confusion only lasted like 3 turns.

Last edited:
    Back