• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Worst Pokémon Game you've ever played?

What was the worst Pokémon Game you've ever played?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

institutions

ain't that a kick in the head?
    Years
    As much as I dislike the whole Sinnoh region, I'd have to say Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald.
    I did not like the overworld sprites, the storyline, Team Magma was ugly, a lot of the maps and things looked bad (Lavaridge), the tiles seemed like they were too bright and had too much contrast (the trees annoyed me the most.)
    I do think some really good Pokemon came out of these, but not enough to matter.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
    This is just the main series? I'm not sure. Was never fan of Ruby/Sapphire, but to me, Diamond/Pearl didn't do much to improve it either. :/ Also, Hey You Pikachu, worst pokemon game ever!

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011
    With the main series... Probably Yellow. It just wasn't anything special to me. I love the concept of Pokemon following you (it's a HUGE reason why I love SoulSilver so much), but only having Pikachu following you was boring. It was kind of weird how the starters are just handed to you... It kinda defeats the purpose of playing with your friends and makes "catching 'em all" pretty easy. And Jessie and James being in there was just weird. I was pretty indifferent about that.

If you're counting spinoffs, then definitely Ranger. I tried to play it. I lasted about ten minutes before turning off without saving. Sorry to anyone who likes it, but I thought that it was just stupid.

Years
    Am I the only person who actually liked RSE and Yellow? ;_;

Sinnoh, a region where pool toys Pokemon happily reside in forests, lakes, and dimensional rifts. A land who's people worship their robo-dragon overlords who govern time, space, antimatter, and the entire universe. A wonderful place where a group of blue-haired psychopaths desperately try to destroy recreate the universe.

Never pulled me in. I prefer simpler
    Pokemon games. :/

Kristine

Pokemon Addict Since 1998
    Years
    Emerald. I hated the Hoenn region, and Emerald is the only version in the entire series that I didn't even bother to finish, because I disliked it that much.

vibratingcat

new username, razzbat
    Years
    i dont like the gba graphics. so ruby
    Am I the only person who actually liked RSE and Yellow? ;_;
    i liked them too! i love the region, pokemon and general design of it! but they went a step backwards from gsc by taking out day and night which was something i rly loved in pokemon games. and because its all in 2d with semi graphics, which looked kinda ugly. gsc looked nicer.
    im hoping for a remake of rse, coz if it had nicer graphics and day and night, it will b an awesome game!

Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2015
    Probably Pokemon Rumble, worst game I have ever played, tottally tarnished the Pokemon image.

MrGhost

Spooky Scary~
    Years
    Diamond/Pearl.
    They just weren't fun at all. It's the quickest I've gone through a pokemon game, and the most dissapointed I've been at the end.
    Thank god platinum was a bit better.
    And I dunno why everyone hated R/S/E... I had a great time playing through them, though I admit, going back to play them now they feel a bit stale...

kw2tsg1

Hello Everyone.
    Years
    Diamond and Pearl. It wasn't all that great of a game and was quite boring. I'm not saying that it was the worst in existence, but I believe there were other games that were better overall.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    One game I dislike is Yellow. :\ Well, I dont dislike it, I just don't think it's as it could have been. Take Crystal for example, it gave you animations, a female character (which is now in every game), the Battle Tower (which later led to the Battle Frontier) and more! yellow gave you a Pokemon which couldn't evolve and followed you everywhere (although this did lead to the 'Pokemon following you' feature in HG/SS.) So yeah, Yellow was quite cool, but not the best. Sure, I know it's for Gameboy, and there weren't much they could have done, but couldn't they have made a female player character at least? :\

On the other hand, I'm going to have to say Sapphire/Ruby. :\ Why? Simple! It wasn't as good as it could have been. Crystal had all these cool features, such as a radio, day/night, animations for pokemon etc.. Then Sapphire/Ruby ditches all this stuff. Sure, there was time, but the days and the effects were gone. The 'rival' May/Brendan were the worst ever! Their starter never evolved to their final forms, she gave you every item (you're meant to be a rival, not a side-kick!) and she/he generally wasn't as good as Silver, and Wally, the other rival, was some sick kid who can't even catch a Pokemon and you only battle him twice. Twice! :\ Plus, Hoenn is one of the least memorable regions (Sinnoh too). On the plus side, the graphics were an improvement from G/S/C, the teams fighting each other was cool, and Team Aqua is awesome! :D Also, Emerald is great, with the Battle Frontier and animations returning although they should have been in Ruby/Sapphire, anyway.

R3D

"TAKEN DOWN ON THE WORD GO!"
    Years
    Not yellow, R/B/Y 4 life. :)
    Probably crystal since it was for kids who couldn't catch roaming suicune.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    Not yellow, R/B/Y 4 life. :)
    Probably crystal since it was for kids who couldn't catch roaming suicune.
    But... Pokemon Crystal was much more than that. :O It introduced so many features that would be again implemented in later games, such as the female protagonist and the Battle Tower, plus the animations. :) Besides, what other legendary (apart from Celebi because it's an event Pokemon, however I guess they could have used Celebi...) could they have used??? :S

I don't think I have a least favorite Region.....
    But my favorites are Hoenn and Sinnoh.
    (mostly because I started in Sinnoh)
    Ummm... this thread is about the worst Pokemon game you've ever played, not the worst region. :\

XaiXo

The ZombiePimp
    Years
    Even though I never owned them, I really disliked the R/S/E ones. Out of the ones I have owned (as in, all of the others), Pearl takes it.

Years
    Fire Red was the worst game I have played, I expected alot more interesting side quests in the early parts of the game, and I was left biterly dissapointed. I also found the islands at the end of the game very boring. I haven't been more dissapointed in a Pokemon game than I was with Fire Red.

ComedyQuest

Noob Hacker
    Years
    Diamond and Pearl were a pain in the ass, but Platinum wasn't just a developed version of D/P with extra features, it almost had a completely new storyline. Bottom Line: D/P: Sucked... Pt: Ok...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back