• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Worst Pokemon Ever In FR/LG, or R/S/E

Status
Not open for further replies.

KurlyFries

let's get this bread
Years
  • Luvdisc. No contest.
    Let me put it this way: if I got a nickel every time Luvdisc SUCKED, I would have enough money to pay for a better computer 9,001 eggs to THROW AT LUVDISC.

... Probably the weirdest post I've ever made..

Tyranitar042

Tyranitar King
    Years
    • Age 34
    • US
    • Seen Feb 15, 2013
    Abra hands down by learning on its own tms arent an issue. magikarp is fast and has flail at lv 45 i think and tackle at 15 so it isnt completely defenseless the cocoons can have 3 attacks if the are evolved. Plus abra is hard to catch at least for me i dont know about anyone else either at the beggining of the game he is too fast for my poke's to use a status affect or my attack misses.....grr...enough said

Kozoi

Mmmmm.
    Years
  • Magikarp is fine as it can learn Flail. If you equip Magikarp with a focus sash, let it go down to 1hp, switch out to Smeargle and bellydrum, set up spore and raindance then batonpass to Magikarp then it can sweep easily with 200 base power flail.

The worst Pokémon is obviously Bidoof, look at it. If Rattata wasn't bad enough, Bidoof is just a rip off of Rattata with a sucky movepool and weak stats. Come on guys, look at it. Theres millions of them. Suddenly Bidoof, thosands of them! Unfortunately this is R/S/E so I will just say Rattata because I hate them.

Last edited:

Elite Champion

The Old Pokemon Days <3
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2012
    But you have to admit... MAGIKARP ARE SO FREAKING AWSOME WHEN THEY EVOLVE!!!

Years
  • I really can't believe people have said Abra is the worst as many times as I've seen in this thread, especially given it's competition. Unlike Magikarp and the Cocoons, it actually has some TM capabilities, making it a fairly decent early-game Pokemon if given the right moveset. The others are restricted to only the moves they learn on their own, which consists of bad moves like Tackle or Harden. Abra can, at least, learn decent moves like Psychic.

Last edited:

Pikachu™

Pika Pika!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2019
    Yea, I would say Abra with only teleport. Its so damn annoying trying to train them.

jackowacko876

Pokemon Expert
    Years
  • Magikarp actually has 2 attacks. Tackle and Flail.

Harden cocoons are annoying.

I CHOOSE YOU! ABRA!
    It's perfectly strong evolution
    is taunting you.. yet all you can
    work with is Teleport. GAH!
    ABRA USED FRUSTRATION!!!!!!
    Well, with breeding it can learn Firepunch/Icepunch/Thunderpunch. And it can learn TMs. Magikarp, Kakuna, Metapod, Silcoon, Cascoon are definately worse.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • These THREADS are the useless ones, I want to add. Everyone just says Magikarp and adds no discussion. >:|

Buut...

Magikarp is fine as it can learn Flail. If you equip Magikarp with a focus sash, let it go down to 1hp, switch out to Smeargle and bellydrum, set up spore and raindance then batonpass to Magikarp then it can sweep easily with 200 base power flail.

I got this to work, have I said? I had Smeargle Spore on the lead (which was a Salam which MISSED with Stone Edge), the set up Belly Drum, passed to Karp (with a Focus Sash) and swept with Flail up till a Sceptile.

Agility is better than Rain Dance, btw. Rain Dance can run out, Agility won't, and Agility doubles speed.

JezzaRules

Charmander Lover
    Years
  • I have to go with Zigzagoon, Bidoof or Tentacool.
    I mean look at them, they're so freaking common that it annoys me to find them.

Bulletproof

This time baby I'll be...
    Years
  • But you have to admit... MAGIKARP ARE SO FREAKING AWSOME WHEN THEY EVOLVE!!!
    disagreed. when it evolves into gyarados, its 2x electric weakness goes to 4x. besides, it's totally overrated.

my worst pokemon would either be pikachu from fr/lg because it's so fake, and from r/s/e I'd go with dustox because it barely knows anything, and has terrible stats.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    Well I'll share to you something.

You go surf put on a repel then battled a trainer and fainted all of your pokes except for one with a little hp.

Your happy that you've put up a repel.

You suddenly ran into a tentacool/cruel and fainted your only poke.

So I'd say tentacool/cruel is the worst.

Years
  • ...Why don't we make this thread a little less "cocoons are teh sux" and try to discuss more about when the Pokemon are at the height of their evolution? The cocoons evolve into Pokemon that are at least good early on. Abra and Magikarp become some of the more powerful Pokemon out there. As others have said, though, Luvdisc ain't got ****.

.:Kanto:.

I'm back, yet again!
    Years
  • I really don't like Geodude for some reason.. before it was Zubat.. but now it's Geodude.. I seriously hate that thing!! it's ugly and well, it's annoying :(

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back