• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Worst Pokemon Ever!!!!

enyce

banned
    Years
    pkmnSettler said:
    haha, i absolutly hate pigdy, or however u spell it, he's everywhere, & he or her sucks

piggey evolves into pidgeotto and pidgeot. SO nothing is wrong wit pidgey and it evolves quite fast.

Besides clefairy and clefable, the rest of you normal types can go to hell

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2013
    Almost every normal pokemon is horrible.

So you think people use Snorlax, Ursaring, Kanghaskan, Dodrio, and are just morons who don't know what they're doing? And of all the Normal types to choose.......Clefable? Stantler is definitely better then Azumarill. Azumarill is basically.....another forgettable water Pokemon amongst tons and tons of better ones, with awful move compatibility and even more awful stats.

Clefairy can learn metronome, I love that attack.

....Metronome is a horrible attack.....

ok...so super fang halves the enemies HP, big freakin deal. Rattata and Raticate are the only ones who learn it.

...and Lugia is the only one who uses Aeroblast. And Parasect was the only one who learned Spore. These are all worthless attacks?

But, like I said normal types are very bad

Only if you can't use them properly.

enyce

banned
    Years
    Xtacy said:
    So you think people use Snorlax, Ursaring, Kanghaskan, Dodrio, and are just morons who don't know what they're doing? And of all the Normal types to choose.......Clefable? Stantler is definitely better then Azumarill. Azumarill is basically.....another forgettable water Pokemon amongst tons and tons of better ones, with awful move compatibility and even more awful stats.

....Metronome is a horrible attack.....

...and Lugia is the only one who uses Aeroblast. And Parasect was the only one who learned Spore. These are all worthless attacks?

Only if you can't use them properly.

I thought snorlax was something else, but hes good.

Rattata is not worth it for hyper fang, Lugia is a good pokemon, aeroblast is worth it. Parasect, i never ever ever ever have a pokemon with quad weaknesses on me. With the exception for Charizard and Dragonite. Parasects death is guranteeed with a fire move, charizard would be killed with a rock move. Dragonite is dead with some ice. Parasect is a useless pokemon with a good attack thats all. Same goes for rattata.

But dodrio is part flying, I really meant the pure normal types. I hate kanghaskan, she is overrated. Miltank isnt worth my time either. I really do hate A LOT of normal types. But snorlax is cool, just wasnt thikning of him at the time.

Ursaring??? Who the hell is ursaring? did you really have to pull every normal type you know?. Is that the bear who evolves from teddiursa? I dont even use clefable like that anyway.

Most of the time, my team is. Charmeleon/Typlosion, Blastoise, Raichu, Espeon, Houndoom (because its a dark type), Venusaur..... In the older GSC series. I dont know anything about the 3rd generation.....I stopped after the second

Dont tell me when you play pokemon you pack a team full of normal types?

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    No matter how cute it is, I have to admit Magikarp is pretty useless, but I love it none the less ^_^
    Pikachu is kind of overrated, but it evolves into Raichu. Wich is hands down one of the best electric pokemon (if you train pkachu before using your thunderstone). Electabuzz, Zapdos, Ampharos, Raichu. Are the only decent eletric pokemon.
    To be honest, Raichu is one of the worst Electric types out there -_-
    Lanturn > Raichu any day, almost every last stage Electric type kicks Raichu's butt
    But dodrio is part flying, I really meant the pure normal types. I hate kanghaskan, she is overrated. Miltank isnt worth my time either. I really do hate A LOT of normal types. But snorlax is cool, just wasnt thikning of him at the time.
    Excuse me... did you just say Miltank sucks? O_O Miltank is an awesome Pokémon, high HP, Attack, Speed and Defense, plus a good movepool that includes a healing move. I think someone needs a reality check here.
    Oh, and Stantler kicks butt aswell, I just thought I'd let you know.
    Lanturn is totally NOT the worst pokemon. And neither is Azumarill. Both of which were spelled wrong in the original post. -.- I mean come on... that's saying that Stantler is a better pokemon than those two... or that Sentret is... or Pichu and Smoochum. Gimme a break.
    Oye! How dare you insult Stantler! >D Stantler is an awesome Normal type and is just as good as Lanturn, they just have different purposes >.<

enyce

banned
    Years
    Besides, being cute. high stats. And not weak against almost any type. Normal types serve no purpose to me.

I never have normal types on my team, just not me

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    Wow, cluelessness rules supreme...o.o I'm afraid that I have no choice but to comment.

First of all, let's not have all this nonsense about including first-stage/baby pokémon, you might feel awfully clever about it but it's painfully obvious that they are (with a couple of exceptions) inferior to their evolved counterparts. Now to move on...

enyce said:
    piggey evolves into pidgeotto and pidgeot. SO nothing is wrong wit pidgey and it evolves quite fast.

And that helps how, exactly? If you want to talk weak, made-to-be-forgotten pokémon then Pidgeot is a very good place to start. It has a hopelessly weak statline for a 3rd stage pokémon in which the only good stat is the Speed which is, unfortunately, more or less out of the window because of the medicore Attack stat and narrow movepool...Aerial Ace, Steel Wing, and Double-Edge are just about all of the effective (or at least semi-effective) moves you can stick on a Pidgeot outside of the influence of BattleNet/Cheat programs. I think this one is near the very bottom of the list. -.-

enyce said:
    I thought snorlax was something else, but hes good.

Rattata is not worth it for hyper fang, Lugia is a good pokemon, aeroblast is worth it. Parasect, i never ever ever ever have a pokemon with quad weaknesses on me. With the exception for Charizard and Dragonite. Parasects death is guranteeed with a fire move, charizard would be killed with a rock move. Dragonite is dead with some ice. Parasect is a useless pokemon with a good attack thats all. Same goes for rattata.

Of course you don't train Raticate for Hyper Fang...Super Fang possibly, if you've got the strategy for it, but not Hyper Fang (80 power, 90 accuracy, minor flinch chance). However, Raticate is a decent, easy-to-raise, early-game sweeper with a commendably wide movepool. It's not the best, but it does its job.

enyce said:
    Miltank isnt worth my time either.

Yeah, most N00Bs tend to think that. Miltank is actually a formidable tank/cleric pokémon since it's capable of learning both the HP recovery move Milk Drink and the status recovery move Heal Bell and has enough defenses and HP to keep it alive as well as a fair range of physical moves (Earthquake, Body Slam/Return/Double-edge, Shadow Ball, Brick Break) and an above-average Attack stat to make use of them. Furthermore, the Thick Fat trait works wonders from a defensive perspective since it halves damage from both Fire and Ice attacks. It's not quite on par with Snorlax, but certainly a top-notch pokémon, and completely out of the league of over-appreciated ones like Pidgeot which you seem so keen on defending.

enyce said:
    Ursaring??? Who the hell is ursaring? did you really have to pull every normal type you know?. Is that the bear who evolves from teddiursa? I dont even use clefable like that anyway.

Wow...that comment makes you sound like you really know what you're talking about. Yeah, Ursaring is the evolved form of Teddiursa and happen to possess a tremendous Attack stat as well the 'Guts' trait. If you'd ever been hit by a Sleep Talking Ursaring, you'd know not to take them too lightly. Once again, this isn't one of the best due to the lack of Speed and Defenses, but it's once again far from the worst.
    enyce said:
    Most of the time, my team is. Charmeleon/Typlosion, Blastoise, Raichu, Espeon, Houndoom (because its a dark type), Venusaur..... In the older GSC series. I dont know anything about the 3rd generation.....I stopped after the second

Dont tell me when you play pokemon you pack a team full of normal types?

Any intelligent player uses a wide variety of types, but only a fool dismisses a whole large range of pokémon species without every giving them a try. And anyway, using Charmeleon...if it isn't for sentimental reasons then it's not a good move. You might think of it as an oh-so-clever way of avoiding the 4x Rock weakness of Charizard, but the fact of the matter is that Zard's significantly better statline, slightly wider movepool, and immunity to Earthquake far outweigh that penalty. Also, Espeon isn't really all that great since it's got a very poor movepool for a special sweeper (Psychic is the only one from its learnset that does real damage ingame) and doesn't really have the moves or stats for anything else. I have one on my team, but only out of nostalgia...not because I think it's T3H L33T PKMN 111oneoneone!!!
    Light Azumarill said:
    I know this was said a while back but... I can't take it!!

Lanturn is totally NOT the worst pokemon. And neither is Azumarill. Both of which were spelled wrong in the original post. -.- I mean come on... that's saying that Stantler is a better pokemon than those two... or that Sentret is... or Pichu and Smoochum. Gimme a break.

Sorry Melissa, but you chose a very poor first example of a pokémon weaker than Lanturn and Azumarill. It's actually got a fair deal of most stats, as well as a quite decent selection of physical moves (Earthquake/ Return/Shadow Ball, anyone?) and furthermore, the additional benefit of Hypnosis is a nice way of disrupting your opponent's team. I'd say it's about on par with Lanturn, perhaps slightly weaker...but I'd say that there are better examples of significantly weaker pokémon, such as Furret and Pidgeot, which would have served better. However, I still support the core of your argument. Lanturn kicks buttocks! XO It's got a whopping 125 base HP which lets it hold its own, despite a slightly-below-average Defense and an average Sp.Defense, and it's movepool is great (Surf, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Thunder Wave, and Confuse Ray are all quite useful). Finally, the STAB it gets for Thunderbolt gives it an edge against other Water types while the 'Volt Absorb' trait protects it from electric attacks and it still has STAB on Surf which can be used to OHKO incoming Ground types. Overall, Lanturn is a well-rounded pokémon, which is why some people use it on NetBattle, even outside of the UU metagame.

As for Azumarill...it might look neglectable at first glance, but the 'Huge Power' trait (50% extra Attack) combined with its slightly above average defenses and high HP (100 in the base-stat) and lack of weaknesses due to its pure Water type makes it a quite formidable foe. The movepool could use some improvement, but Azumarill still has its uses and is most certainly not among the weakest.

Xtacy said:

Correction, Breloom and Smeargle can also learn Spore, and both do are better choices than Parasect. Personally, I think it looks cool, but its type combination puts it at a horrible disadvantage (4x weakness against Fire and Flying, 2x Weakness against Rock, Poison and Ice with only a o.25 resistance against grass and a 0.5 resistance against Water and Fighting to compensate) and the statline is quite lacking. The horrible movepool isn't helping either, Spore is cool, but it lacks any proper physical moves with which to take advantage of the time the opponent spends in sleep while simultaneously possessing a weak Sp.Attack which criples what few Grass moves it can learn. Strongest STAB moves are Fury Cutter and Giga Drain...enough said...-.- As for Lugia's Aeroblast...it's a bleeding waste. =\ Lugia's Sp.Attack is a good bit higher than it's Attack, and since it's more defensively-minded anyway (Toxic, Recover, and Whirlwind are popular and effective move choices) that last slot tends to go to either Psychic or Ice Beam since they are more useful.

However, although I don't see the relevance between Metronome being a crappy attack and Clefable's power, said pokémon is inferior to Wigglytuff, in my opinion, since Wigglytuff has a much higher HP, making it an ideal candidate for baiting physical attackers with Counter. Clefable is mainly useful in double battle where the 'Follow Me' move (all opponents' attacks are targeted on the user) combined with its solid HP and defenses make it great for diverting attacks while you set up its partner for sweeping.

GreatLiver said:
    Game wise I'd say Dunsparce just because it's plain, boring and bad. The only people who like it were those kids in the one episode that were ubsessed about them.

Tremble, heretic. I shall devour your soul. >E Dunsparce is one of my very favourite pokémon (mostly appearance-wise ^-^) and certainly not boring! It's statline is pretty weak, yeah, but the 'Serene Grace' trait (Doubles the success chance for all 'added effect' attacks, Rock Slide, Body Slam etc.) open up some interesting opportunities. Ever tried to land a hit on a Dunsparce that's hit you into paralysis with a Body Slam (60% chance of causing it, 25% of preventing attack), followed it up with Attract (50% chance of preventing attack) and then started bombarding its now slower opponent with Rock Slide (60% flinch chance)? It's quite deadly...o.o
    Jorah said:
    Definatly Magikarp, the only moves it can learn are splash and flail. Yeah, that's going to defeat everything. And Woboffet, I think the only attack it can use is counter? Pikachu is kind of annoying, I bet everyone who watched the programme first and bought the game later thought that it could beat everything, which obviously it can't.

Dude, you are so missinformed. Wobbuffet can use both Counter and Mirror Coat, which, in effect, covers all direct attacks except for special attacks from Dark types and physical attacks from Ghost types. It can also learn Safeguard which protects it from status attacks and Encore to force opponents onto a specific move and so provide cover for a switch, has its signature trait 'Shadow Tag' which prevents opponents from switching out while its active, and possess a godly HP which lets it soak up attacks like no-one's bussiness. Wobbuffet weak? Don't make me laugh, as far as I know it's the only non-legendary pokémon which has been labled Uber. In fact, it's considered stronger than both the legendary cats (I won't stand any of this 'dog' nonsense) and the legendary birds.

2356 said:
    TboneShukle, In Pokemon XD It Sux Badly, Its Attacks Are Really Weak And Pointless.

And have you ever considered that it might have been meant for something else than just straight-out attacking? <.< Shuckle is weak in XD since that game is mainly centered around double battles while Shuckle is at its best in a one-on-one stall. Yes, it's attack stats are absolutely horrendous, but its defenses are the highest in the game (Way higher than even the oh-so-famous Defense Deoxys) which makes it quite a tough nut to crack. The base HP is disgracefully low, however, which limits Shuckle's power, but with Toxic, Encore, Wrap, and Rest it's still quite a strong fighter in its own right. And incidentally, even Shuckle can work in physical attacking to some degree, I tried. And I'll have you know that my CB Shuckle in Netbattle once KOed a standard Celebi. There's 'weakest pokémon' for you. =P

As for you Feebas bashers...you need to die so bad. Feebas is cute and lovable and huggable and-and it's certainly better than Magikarp! xO ybur_angel would have your hides for slandering the poor little fishies, but since she's incapacitated at the moment I'm afraid that I shall have to do a little substitute work. *Pulls out borrowed blue cheese bazooka and fires it at all Feebas bashers* EAT CHEESE! >O

Ahem, back on topic...Feebas has a pretty weak statline, yeah, but its ability to learn a fair amount of TM, HM, and eggy moves still places it above the very worst fighters, and as it so happens, certain people have beaten the Emerald Pokémon League using only Feebas, so in your faces. =P Anyhow, training a Feebas is more about style than power. ^-^

Finally...Luvdisc, I agree, if I had to pick a single worst it would probably be that one. Now for personal reasons I hate Spinda more, but since that little mutant rabbit is better in a fight, I'll go for Luvdisc here. It's got a very stupid and unimaginative design which mostly makes it look like some kind of bean and it has nothing new to come with, be it by trait, type-combination or movepool. I wouldn't miss it if it was gone.

And that...should be enough ranting from me for a while. xD

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2013
    Personally, I think it looks cool, but its type combination puts it at a horrible disadvantage

Parasect sucks yes (though it has sentimental value), but I was talking about the attack Spore rather then the Pokemon who learns it (like Super Fang, despite only Raticate learning it). Also, yes I know others can now learn it (I said "was" rather then "is").

As for enyce....err...I can't really think of anything else to add since Alter Ego covered almost all of your post. So I'll reply when you reply to his points.......

Luvdisc, I agree

Finally.......

Last edited:

enyce

banned
    Years
    alter -ego

I guess you have good points

I forgot about parasects 4x weakness to flying also.....Charizard is immune to earthquake, that is very true. But I only avoided its 4x weakness once. And it was my current go round on the silver version. But a pokemon with a 4x weakneess to two types is real real real horrible....

But enough of this argument, Ill admit that I lost. i have been proven that there are other better normal types than pidgeot. I over-rated it. Snorlax is good, So is Ursaring and Miltank.... But seriously did you have to type an essay on pokemon ??? But I dont know anything about natures or anything. Because Im not in on the new generation. So that argument isnt valid to me......

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2013
    I still don't get how this turned into a discussion of Parasect's worth....

p.s. Insulting someone (Alter Ego) for being informed is not that great a thing to do.

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
    ~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~

Friday13th, really, don't double post. There's something called an "Edit" button.

Also, agreeing with everything Alter Ego just said. Except few minor nitpicks:

Alter Ego said:
    Also, Espeon isn't really all that great since it's got a very poor movepool for a special sweeper (Psychic is the only one from its learnset that does real damage ingame) and doesn't really have the moves or stats for anything else. I have one on my team, but only out of nostalgia...not because I think it's T3H L33T PKMN 111oneoneone!!!

Psychic aside, Espeon functions a lot differently than something like Alakazam. It's job isn't to kill kill kill as fast as it can, but rather to Substitute, boost with Calm Mind, and then pass to another special sweeper. With the addition of XD, Hypno can do this somewhat better, but Espeon's Baton Passing set has always been a classic.

However, although I don't see the relevance between Metronome being a crappy attack and Clefable's power, said pokémon is inferior to Wigglytuff, in my opinion, since Wigglytuff has a much higher HP, making it an ideal candidate for baiting physical attackers with Counter. Clefable is mainly useful in double battle where the 'Follow Me' move (all opponents' attacks are targeted on the user) combined with its solid HP and defenses make it great for diverting attacks while you set up its partner for sweeping

Actually, Clefable works in 1vs.1 as well and much better than Wigglytuff. Ice Beam + Thunderbolt + Counter + Softboiled/Wish is a really good set. With enough HP and Defense EVs, it can even survive a STABed Brick Break and Counter it back.

~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~

xMeteorxStriker

Chicken...Gave Me a Bad Coupon
    Years
    All pokemon have some purpose within the game some we havent exactly found that purpose yet so as of now the worst pokemon are easily luvdisc and dunsparce but they will have a purpose take my word on that one!

YoshiRiRu

xX~Lord of the Storm~Xx
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 27, 2016
    Wow. There are so many that are utterly useless in my opinion.
    Some people say Smoochum, but she learns Psychic, a move that Jynx doesn't learn naturally. So, save that TM for someone who needs it.

As a general rule, bug types suck except for in the beginning. I don't think I know of very many people who will take on the Elite 4 with a Beedril in their line-up. Don't flame and be like "SYTHUR LOLOLOL" because that's an obvious one. And even Scyther isn't ridiculously outstanding.

Same for certain normal types. I usually start off with something like a Ratatta, or it's equivalent. (Sentret, Zigzagoon) But usually, I evolve em, and ditch em. Some pokemon like meowth I find obsolete.

I can't believe nobody has said this, but Ditto is a horrible pokemon. I have never ever used a ditto ever. My only reason for using a Ditto is for breeding. It's too weak to be effective at killing or living, and the 5 PP per move makes it too hard to move quick enough to get a killing stroke in.

Porygon. Also something I have never used, and never plan to.

OMFG. UNOWN. STUPIDEST POKEMON EVER. 'NUFF SAID.

Wobbuffet, Dunsparce, Gligar.. I could just not see myself effectively battling with these pokemon.

Shuckle is a tank. That's it. Maybe in competetive battling. But I think Not-So-Cooltrainer Parry could eat Shuckle for breakfast.

Corsola, Luvdisc.. Similar. Both water types.. both mediocre stats. BOTH OBSOLETE.

Plusle and Minun are purely for looks. They are painfully average. I guess in Colluseum, always using 2 of them.. but otherwise... SRY LOL.

Spinda. Dumb.

Castform. Painfully inconvenient.

I never found Poison types to be good for anything but.. uh.. poisoning. And while it's always useful to have your opponent poisoned, it's not something i would like with me backed into a corner.

While I have not used every pokemon, I believe I can safely say that the pokemon above would have NO use for me.

xMeteorxStriker

Chicken...Gave Me a Bad Coupon
    Years
    YoshiRiRu said:
    Wow. There are so many that are utterly useless in my opinion.
    Some people say Smoochum, but she learns Psychic, a move that Jynx doesn't learn naturally. So, save that TM for someone who needs it.

As a general rule, bug types suck except for in the beginning. I don't think I know of very many people who will take on the Elite 4 with a Beedril in their line-up. Don't flame and be like "SYTHUR LOLOLOL" because that's an obvious one. And even Scyther isn't ridiculously outstanding.

Same for certain normal types. I usually start off with something like a Ratatta, or it's equivalent. (Sentret, Zigzagoon) But usually, I evolve em, and ditch em. Some pokemon like meowth I find obsolete.

I can't believe nobody has said this, but Ditto is a horrible pokemon. I have never ever used a ditto ever. My only reason for using a Ditto is for breeding. It's too weak to be effective at killing or living, and the 5 PP per move makes it too hard to move quick enough to get a killing stroke in.

Porygon. Also something I have never used, and never plan to.

OMFG. UNOWN. STUPIDEST POKEMON EVER. 'NUFF SAID.

Wobbuffet, Dunsparce, Gligar.. I could just not see myself effectively battling with these pokemon.

Shuckle is a tank. That's it. Maybe in competetive battling. But I think Not-So-Cooltrainer Parry could eat Shuckle for breakfast.

Corsola, Luvdisc.. Similar. Both water types.. both mediocre stats. BOTH OBSOLETE.

Plusle and Minun are purely for looks. They are painfully average. I guess in Colluseum, always using 2 of them.. but otherwise... SRY LOL.

Spinda. Dumb.

Castform. Painfully inconvenient.

I never found Poison types to be good for anything but.. uh.. poisoning. And while it's always useful to have your opponent poisoned, it's not something i would like with me backed into a corner.

While I have not used every pokemon, I believe I can safely say that the pokemon above would have NO use for me.

You my friend are a hippocrite you named like one pokemon that were utterly usesless...
    Ditto-Breeding
    Bugs-Begining(Gotsta start somewhere)
    Castform-Many stategy possibilities!
    Rattatta etc-Start
    Plusle Minun-TEAMWORK COMBOS!
    Porygon-Can Be Good
    Spinda-THERE WILL BE ONE
    Corsola-LEARNS RECOVER SO CAN BE POWERFUL!

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2013

Scyther, Pinsir, Heracross, etc., don't suck.

UnseenIdiot said:

Eh.......learning recover doesn't automatically grant you power....especially in the case of Corsola....

enyce

banned
    Years
    Xtacy said:

Somehting we agree on, scyther is exceptionally fast and it evolves into scizor. But i would think twice about scizro because of its quad weakness to fire. Pinsir has power. Heracross learns mega horn.

Ariados doesnt suck either...

YoshiRiRu

xX~Lord of the Storm~Xx
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 27, 2016
    UnseenIdiot said:
    You my friend are a hippocrite you named like one pokemon that were utterly usesless...
    Ditto-Breeding
    Bugs-Begining(Gotsta start somewhere)
    Rattatta etc-Start
    Plusle Minun-TEAMWORK COMBOS!
    Porygon-Can Be Good
    Spinda-THERE WILL BE ONE

Dude, you need to more carefully read my post. I don't think you countered my arguments very well. Basically, you just said "WELL, MAYBE!" a bunch of times.

As a general rule, bug types suck except for in the beginning.

I usually start off with something like a Ratatta, or it's equivalent. (Sentret, Zigzagoon) But usually, I evolve em, and ditch em.

I know their useful In the beginning, but I'm talking about in the long run, useless pokemon.

Are you saying that you'd use a Plusle or a Minun by themselves in R/S? (which is basically only single battle)

UnseenIdiot said:
    Porygon-Can Be Good

Translation: WELL, MAYBE!

My only reason for using a Ditto is for breeding.

Did I not say that?

UnseenIdiot said:

It's not powerful enough to execute them effectively.

Xtacy said:

Don't flame and be like "SYTHUR LOLOLOL" because that's an obvious one.

I wasn't blowing smoke when I said that, friend.

enyce said:
    Ariados doesnt suck either...

I don't like when people do this. When I say a type generally sucks, I don't mean every single bug pokemon blows hard. I know certain ones are good, but as a general rule, most bug pokemon are not very useful.

Last edited:
    Back