• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Worst Pokemon Game Ever

Years
  • I'm playing Black 2 now and it's much more fun, I just hope it's post game is going to be great unlike B/W...

It is. Don't worry, there's a LOT of stuff to do in the post-game (battling Gym Leaders from other regions in the PWT, getting Black Kyurem, the Black Tower, lots of legendary Pokémon like in HGSS, the list goes on and on). That's one of my favorite things about it.

For that matter, same deal here-while I do enjoy all the main series games, as I may have said in my intro thread, the original Black and White are arguably my least favorite of the DS era games (it's debatable between them and DP, if it weren't for how freaking slow everything is in DP, BW would definitely be it). But my least favorite main series game is GSC, as most of the new Johto Pokémon didn't really stand out to me at the time, and neither did a lot of the big battles.

But my least favorite Pokémon game overall? Probably Trozei. I didn't really understand it at all.

TreeKangaroo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Years
  • I strongly disagree that Pokemon Colosseum was the worst. The Newer game in the Unova and Sinnoh storyline was the worst actually. it is easier to beat them then Pokemon Colosseum. The harder the game is to beat the better the storyline is. It took me a day to beat both the Sinnoh and Unova games. A day for each game. Not a whole day for both. And it took me a year to beat Colosseum.

Length doesn't really matter for games...same with the better the storyline, the harder it is.

franko94

Master Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2013
    I say the worst game was Gates to Infinity. It was the only game in the series (spinoff or main series) that I could not get into.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Damn, some of y'all in here acting like your opinion is fact. I can guarantee you it's not. Neither is mine.

My least favorite games are Diamond and Pearl. Sinnoh is my least favorite region, mainly because it takes too many HMs at once to really get around, and if you're like me, you don't like teaching your main party members these crappy HMs (and even the old HMs made into TMs, like Flash). So that was annoying. And then the speed of the game was rather slow, which is my main problem with the game. It's just hard to play and focus and get stuff done when it's going so slowly. I love Platinum, though. Sinnoh's redeemer tbqh.

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
    Years
  • I have to say pokemon Trozei.....
    I didnt got the storyline, and somehow, when my DS broke and i finally bought a DSi, it didnt work in it.
    And the whole point of the game was to make 3-4 of a kind faces like....i dont get it. There is a game called "Candy crush" who is exactly like that but with candy.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • I haven't played a lot of pokemon games considering Black was my first one and to be honest I really enjoyed every game I have played, but the one I enjoyed the least (oh man, I'm going to receive so much heat for this) was Heart Gold.

First of all, I haven't played any spin offs so this is going by mainstream games. The thing I really hated about this game was the fact that the wild pokemon never seemed to grow in level, so by the last gym my team was horribly underleved and I spent five hours grinding up just enough levels to barely scrape by for that one gym. For that reason, Heart Gold was my least favorite, just my opinion.

Years
  • I haven't played a lot of pokemon games considering Black was my first one and to be honest I really enjoyed every game I have played, but the one I enjoyed the least (oh man, I'm going to receive so much heat for this) was Heart Gold.

First of all, I haven't played any spin offs so this is going by mainstream games. The thing I really hated about this game was the fact that the wild pokemon never seemed to grow in level, so by the last gym my team was horribly underleved and I spent five hours grinding up just enough levels to barely scrape by for that one gym. For that reason, Heart Gold was my least favorite, just my opinion.

Don't worry, you're not alone in thinking training in HGSS is more boring than watching paint dry. That's actually part of the reason why I don't have a permanent save (read: a file that i've kept on the game since I got it) for either HeartGold or SoulSilver like I do Pearl, White, and my main copies of Platinum and White 2.

Shizzable

The Derpiest One Of All
    Years
  • I'm gonna piss a lot of people off here, and say that the worst ones were Red and Blue. They were very flawed, and extremely archaic. There were tons of balancing issues (Psychic type, Special stat), and the simplistic mechanics make it really hard to use any kind of strategy.

Don't get me wrong though, the games are still insanely fun.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    I strongly disagree that Pokemon Colosseum was the worst. The Newer game in the Unova and Sinnoh storyline was the worst actually. it is easier to beat them then Pokemon Colosseum. The harder the game is to beat the better the storyline is. It took me a day to beat both the Sinnoh and Unova games. A day for each game. Not a whole day for both. And it took me a year to beat Colosseum.
    I havent got the time to need a year to beat a game. Anyway, long out drawn games doesnt mean it is good, you would probably like sierra games, they were popular before you were born, and they had some mean games back then.
    i think the worst game is probably hey you pikachu lol.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    Counting the ones I haven't played, Pokémon Channel would be the worst as it has almost zero gameplay and is just watching boring TV shows. It's one of the few games I've ever seen whey you could get the same experience of actually playing it by watching someone else play it. I don't even think it should classify as a game more on the line of a "experimental piece of art".

Of all the main series game, I felt that Black/White was the worst. Sure, Diamond/Pearl may run slow as molasses, but at least I enjoyed playing them and I liked the pokémon, but I felt B/W focus on the story was a very poor choice. I didn't find the story engaging, I hated N and how whiny he got and there was a lack of innovation in the title. The big new thing in the battle system were two irritating new battle type which were almost non-existent until B/W's follow-up. Oh, the new pokémon were pretty weak too, most of them being poor versions of past pokémon (I'm looking at you, Tepig line), and there were too many legendaries. It may not be a bad game by itself, but for a main series, I think that B/W is pretty bad, and holds up like a house of cards getting flattened by a elephant compared to such masterpieces like Platinum and Emerald.

I did like the re-usable TM's though a lot I guess.

Dark Zapdos

Arose from Darkness
    Years
  • I have to say Pokemon black and white, because there was no challenge what so ever, the elite 4 was a joke, new pokemon were uninspiring and rip-off of old ones like Bouffalant, and no previous gen pokemon till the lame after game.

Years
  • I'm actually going to disregard all spin-offs and just count the main series games here, if that's okay. I think FR/LG are quite hideous. Sure, it was fun to return to Kanto, but why did they not bring back day/night and why did they let the music be so bad compared to the wonderful tunes of Hoenn? Plus, they could have done so much more to spice up Kanto's boring routes from their gen I/II versions and overall just... Not as great as it could have been.
    I agree completely. There didn't seem to be much new in FR/LG and I remember being very disappointed when the storyline was virtually the same with newer graphics. The graphics were really cool for a while since all we'd had for a long time was the really old sprites and no environment around trainers/Pokemon like the newer versions (i.e. the grass, water, etc. when you're in a battle) but after the novelty faded I was left defeating the game and being like "...that's it?" The Sevii Islands were a nice touch, but once they were all explored I just got disappointed again. ;/

I also think Pokemon Trozei was a pretty big disappointment. I enjoyed it for a little while but there wasn't enough happening to really get me into the story. It was more like "here are 20-30 Connect Four puzzles, then you've beaten the game" and it was really annoying that there was nothing special you could do with your Pokemon after you Trozei'd them. Unless I'm missing something. >.>

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
    Years
  • Pokemon Yellow for sure. Having Pikachu is nice, but because the gyms are in the Kanto region I could never even get past the first gym because of Brock's Pokemon, which is why I hate it so much. I didn't realize at the time that they also have an added Ground-typing which makes Pikachu's ThunderShock useless. It's a shame really, because I do like to have Pikachu for my starter, it's just in the wrong area.

pompayyy

Forever and Ever
    Years
  • My least favorite Pokemon games are Gen 1. I can already hear the genwunners crying, "Rehd and blu r teh besst! Ehts seveerlee unbalenced, has tuns of glitchis and hav horendus spryt werk!" I definitely don't hate them, and messing with glitches is really fun, but just since many people grew up with them they are held on a pedestal just for nostalgia's sake. Then again, I haven't played Hey You! Pikachu! or Pokemon Channel, but I still feel pretty confident with saying this......... please don't kill me.

Back