• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Worst Pokemon Sprite Ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2009
    I actually like Pigeott's and Alakazam's. Since it made both of them look more threatening. Same with haunter. They all just made pokemon so less intimidating and more kiddy

Shiney Dialga: R/B/Y were on the original Gameboy. That game system couldn't handle the intense graphics we are used to today. That was the most pixles Nintendo thought the game could handle. Plus you have to think. This was what these pokemon originally looked like. Nintendo just retconned their appearance to what we see today

You're right. The old sprites look more intimidating and less kiddy. Even if some of the old sprites look awful (like Poppo/Pidgey for instance) I like them the best. There is a certain style to them. My favorites are Keishii/Abra from Green version, Lizardon and the ghost trio.

Amp

This is crazy.
    Years
    hey, dont 4get, Red/Blue & Green were made quite a while ago, with probably not very good equipment, since then nintendo has porobably bought better equipment and therefor got better sprites

Sub-par equipment doesn't make up for terrible art direction. It's the guys using the equipment that are making it terrible. I mean, how many folks around here do amazing things with nothing but MS paint?

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2022
    I forgot to mention some more awful Pokemon sprites in my previous post.

Male milotic, male luxray, and male hippowdon look stupid. The male milotic's hair is too short, the male luxray's mane looks too big for its head, and the male hippowdon is a pukish yellow whereas the female is a nice dark gray color.

Also, that chip on the male garchomp looks absurd.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years

What the fudge? O.o

lol drunk m0ltr3s lawlzzz

Is it gonna barf on me? I'm scared! xD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back