• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

WORST TRAPS

worst trap

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
  • Pretty much what the tile says, what is your definition of the worst traps in the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games.

As for me, its the Pitfall one because my Pokemon team always falls in and returns back to town and it can get annoying at times.

:t354:TG

Sweet Candace

So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
    Years
  • The Self-Destruct/Explosion traps. I always tripped those when it wasn't raining on the floor and always seemed to have my teammates all clustered around me.

That trap bugged me to no end, even more than the Sludge, Poison Spikes, and Warp traps. Those were the ones I hated other than the Self-Destruct and Explosion traps.

Years
  • The Pitfalls definitely. It's so dumb and annoying that I wish they didn't have it for the next gens. I've never (or maybe I have but forgot) stepped and activated a Grudge and Gust trap. I also think that Chestnut is quite redundant as it only does a handful of damage and wastes time. To be honest, I actually don't mind triggering Pokemon traps as it helps in gaining experience and leveling up without lowering your belly to walk around looking for foes. :3

Wolf in the Rain

BACK???????????
    Years
  • The PP Zero Traps. Definitely. Especially when you step on more than one >>"

Spin traps are also very annoying, as all your teammates follow you onto it -.-'

Buttered Coat

I AM BUT A COAT.
    Years
  • Pitfall traps were the most annoying for me. I was constantly falling down them when I was on the floor I needed, and if I didn't my team would and I'd be left with no team >.> the other annoying ones were explosion traps and pokemon-alluring traps but they weren't as bad.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • Am I the only one who loves the Pitfall traps? :D They always happen during Monster Houses.

For the actual worst trap, I think it's the grimy food trap, nothing worse than grimy food.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    The PP-Zero trap is insanely cheap, and can sometimes force you to have max elixirs even in the smallest of dungeons. At least they haven't made a Monster Dungeon trap. :p

Years
  • PP Zero trap by far gave me the most grief!! Walking along happily when Suddenly BOOM no more PP in a certain move. . .Walk on a bit more then BOOM Monster house, go to use moves, this move has 0 pp left. . . you get the picture.

Years
  • Lately, I've been running into "Block" traps or which ever blocks you to use a move, and PP Zero Traps. I MUST SAY, PP ZERO TRAPS ARE ANNOYING AS HECK.
    I mean when you're poisoned, burn, ect, you'll lose those statuses once you get on the staircases and go along to the next level. Self destructs/explosions traps are annoying as well, but I have so many Oran berries in my bag. xD Plus, when you start walking, your HP goes up. What I sometimes forge to bring is Max Elixirs. @..@ I hate losing all those PPs just for stepping on a trap. =|

Dragonite's Wrath

Dragons are my Heart and Soul
    Years
  • The pitfall trap made me lose Regirock after I recruited him on Red Rescue... got him back next time I fought him.
    The only one that really screws me over is the sticky trap. Always hits my Reviver Seeds. I never need them, but still....
    Pokemon Traps are awesome. I stepped on one, it didnt go off. I put all the items I didnt need on the floor and stepped on the trap

Years
  • I voted PP-Zero Trap and Sticky Trap, which seem to be the two most common replies. They pretty much sabotage my whole enjoyment of the dungeon. It seems like every time I trip a Sticky Trap, it sticks up one of my Apples and I starve to death.

H i l d a

S p r i t e r
    Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2013
    I hate those PP Zero Traps. Half the time I forget to bring a Max Elixir into a dungeon, and one of my moves that'd I'd probably need is stuck on 0 PP. Argh!

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2012
    Grudge Trap is the worst to me,which takes out several PPs of my moves.PP-Zero is the second.And Pitfall can sometimes be anonying.But I always get to the next floor via it if the team leader steps on it,which is the beauty of it.

I see you guys really hate PP Zeros :D
    So I'd like to ask how many of you actually met up with Grudge trap? :D
    The same.It arouses several enemies who will take out the PP of the move you use to defeat them and other enemies in the same floor will.
    It will cause a great loss of PP to one if he don't have any move that attacks all the enemies in a room,like discharge.It will be anonying if you will stay in the floor for long after steping on it,for the loss of PP.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2013
    PP-zero trap is by far the most annoying trap overall cause it just ruins your plans and you regular attacks are useless unless you have max attack stat (255).

I don't calculate stat values, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back