• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Worst typing that a Pokemon can have

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
    Bug/Steel has only one weakness, but it's a rather common one. Dragons usually carry Fire attacks to kill Scizor.

I don't think there's actually a type combo with more than two 4x weaknesses, though. With 17 types in the game, that's commendable.

Pure Electric isn't a good type defensively because it can't wall anything. It only resists Steel and itself. Sure it only has one weakness, but most Electric Pokémon are sweepers anyway and they would appreciate switching opportunities.

FSNW5yiFrXVXqv

Pure Poison :/ because I might as well just go with a Pure normal pokemon. Ignoring the metagame, it's still pretty meh IMO.

Poison attacks, however, are a different matter.

Noir

Sir Lucious Left Foot
    Years
    Same as what he said, Grass/Ice may look like a fun typing, but that unfortunate amount of weaknesses totally limits its potential in battle, same with Grass/Psychic, and if the "Fairy strong against Dark" rumor is true, Grass/Dark. Rock/Ground and Fire/Ground as well due to being extremely weak to Water, and also Grass in the former and Ground in the latter. And also Steel/Rock which has 4x Ground and Fighting weaknesses.

On the Grass/Dark issue, depends on how you look at it. Firstly, having a weak to a singular type does not invalidate a pokemon completely, unless that weakness is Rock. While it's true that the Fairy weak will bring it up to 6 weaknesses (5 since I legit don't count poison as a weakness as poison attacks in everyday battling use are near nonexistent) It's still got 6 resistances to work with: Dark, Ghost, Grass, Electric, Water and Ground, the latter 3 in particular being quite useful to have around. Grass/Dark is also an ok offensive typing, not the greatest but at least the movepool usually opens it up to Nasty Plot Leaf Storm lol.

I'm going to shoot for Grass/Bug here. In terms of resistances it's highly redundant: only adding a fighting resist (as good as this is!) and a further ground and grass resists, but adding more fire/rock/flying weakness. In terms of offensive coverage, it's just psychic and dark. Most psychic pokemon have a dual typing that nullifies the coverage, such as fighting (gallade) or steel (metagross) or are weak to grass (hi water psychics and claydol), with the same with Dark types.

But generally grass is an awful standalone type

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2014
    Abomasnow came to mind instantly.
    I dont understand why they made ice type so weak.

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years
    Probably Fire/Rock, since it makes you weak to Stealth Rock and quad-weak to Water and Ground, which are insanely common types, as well as a weakness to Fighting which is once again extremely common.

Meaii

The countdown begins ...
    Years
    Rock|Ground is just strange. You get double the destruction if your enemy uses a Water or Grass move, and then you're Rock|Ground type has fainted.

Years
    Water/Steel..
    Like, yeah it seems like a cool idea at first, but if fire attacks can do more damage than they used too, ground is now super effective and it is still vulnerable to what it used to be, eg Electric (Except poison), it just isn't a good combo. I don't like being one shotted by a ground type move if it's normally just meant to tickle water types, but thanks to Steel, Empoleon takes a good beating..

Fernando Torres

Class on grass
    Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2014
    Flying/Water in 3rd gen at least. Pelipper is useless against Watson... It's overall kinda weak so Peliper's type is horrible in 3rd gen.

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years
    ^Except that typing actually has a few resistances, most importantly Fighting, Ground and Fire, three very offensive types. Sure, it is weak to Stealth Rock.

I also wouldn't say Ice/Grass is THAT bad. Ice and Grass together have pretty good coverage and when you add moves like Hidden Power Fire, it's suddenly not too bad since you can now hit Steel-types. Plus it might give you access to Ice Shard, which is an excellent move.

Years
    I don't like Dragons' typings. I really don't. Aside from Kyurem and its fusions who introducd Dragon/Ice which was a much better typing, Dragons seemed to be pretty bad off. They're already weak to Dragon and Ice, and then making Pokemon like Lugia or Lati@s Dragon/Psychic was pretty much ridiculous. I like that elemental moves are weak against it no matter what but let's face it, the only trainer who actively uses elementals really is the player. I don't see many straight Grass-, Fire-, or Water-users although I guess Water could be debatable in the ocean. Plus Water types learn Ice-type attacks so it's dangerous facing off against Water-types anyway. Then with Psychic you're weak to Dark even though Bug's super-effectiveness is negated.

I know there are far worse typings but the fact Dragon always gets paired to Psychic frustrated me a lot in the games, especially in cases like Lugia where it would have made much more sense to have a Dragon/Water type considering its Pokedex entry and backstory. Its only weakness would be Dragon (unless I'm forgetting one) and it wouldn't be just a carbon copy of every other legendary Dragon-type out there.

I always hated Flying-types typings, too. They always seem to get the short end of the stick. With the new Electric/Flying types and such we're getting a little better but it's still annoying how many Normal/Flying Pokemon there are. A few pure Flying-types would be good. It's been said to death but I agree with it.

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
    Years
    I really don't wanna say this, but Grass/Ice. SNOVER WHY MUST YOU DO DIS. But, the only Pokemon with that typing (Snover and his daddy Abomasnow) come with an epic ability, snow warning; so that's always a plus.

Emburn

<3
    Years
    Bug and Ground.
    Those poor Nincadas at the beginning of the game couldn't stand a chance against a water type or fire type. It's a cruel world for the Nincadas.

lemonhihi

S1lv3rRay
    Years
    water/flying is pretty bad to me same goes to rock/ground

The best typing for me would be bug/steel.
    Only x4 weakness to fire and have many resistance.

Name

Moémon Master
    Years
    Dunno if anyone has mentioned this but
    Grass/Ice is a pretty awful typing - weak to half of the types out there!

cbd98

A bouquet of oopsie dasies
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    I'm gonna jump on the bandwagon for this and say Grass/Ice and Grass/Bug, but also add Bug/Flying, because imo it doesn't have useful resistances (bar Fighting, which is common) and five weaknesses to common types including Fire and Rock (which means it takes 50% damage entering battle with Stealth Rock on the field) and the general poor defenses of Pokemon with these types (Butterfree, Ninjask, Ledian, etc.)

Lucky1Yena

Just some guy
    Years
    I graded every possible type combination's weaknesses and resistances (perhaps with some error I don't know) excluding the newly discovered Fairy Type.

Anyway,this is the scoring.

Both types weak: -2 points.
    One type weak; super-effective: -1 point.
    No extra damage: +0 points.
    One type resistant; not very effective: +1 point.
    Both types resistant: +2 points.
    Unaffected: +4 points.

Using this, I determined that the type combinations of Ghost/Steel or Flying/Steel [Skarmory anyone?] are the best you could have [score: 18], and the type combinations normal/water, ice/psychic or ice/rock are the worst you could have [score: -4].

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
    Years
    Fire/Fighting. Flying is a staple type and almost everyone uses a Flying type move for Grass types. It just adds more weaknesses than strengths. It's still weak to Rock and Ground, two commonly used types and almost everyone has a Water type. Although Fire might resist Fairy, we don't know enough about the type to make a solid judgement.

Altair1

Willpower
    Years
    The types I usually avoid using in-game are Bug/Grass, Fire/Rock and Rock/Ground. Their weaknesses are just too common. I like my sturdy types such as Steel, Dark and Water types.

Back