• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen worth getting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2014
    Personally I played them in the order of release but i skipped Black 2/White 2 and then went back to them after completing Pokemon X and it was still worth it as it was still a good Pokemon game however if you play a Pokemon game for the new Pokemon then it wouldn't be worth it.

Years
  • This is something I've dealt with a lot in the past, and I'll be sure you won't be the last to ask this question.

Despite what many people said about 5th Gen being "disappointing", it was mainly because they weren't used to the new Pokemon and some other stuff but I actually think Black and White were really awesome games in my opinion, the story is one of the most intense of the series and you can only use Unova Pokemon prior to the postgame which I think was kinda nice and fresh, because it gave off that "playing 1st Gen again" vibe. I actually enjoyed most of the Unova Pokemon (most of which are general faves of mine) so I did pretty well playing Black and White.

If you're one of those who doesn't like being forced to use Unova Pokemon, you can consider Black 2 and White 2 instead if you want a 5th Gen game. They fixed up a lot of stuff many found disappointing in Black and White, such as having older Pokemon in the Unova Dex and also a massive amount of stuff to do in the postgame, such as the Pokemon World Tournament and catching loads of Legendary Pokemon.

Some people skip B/W and move onto B2/W2, but if you like keeping up with the story, playing both B/W and B2/W2 is recommended. B2/W2 wins out features-wise, but both are really great games anyway, at least in my opinion. Sure, it may be a big jump in graphics as far as X/Y goes but doesn't hurt to keep up. It always never hurts for a true Pokemon fan to give every generation a go.

So, my conclusion is this: if you want to see both sides of the Unova story, get both B/W and B2/W2, or if you like the features more than the story you should get B2/W2. Good luck and happy gaming! Hope my statement answered your question.

大輔

Adventurer
    Years
  • I would definitely do it!! And also, if you want to trade in more pokemon to your 3ds then you can do that through Poke-Bank. I really enjoyed the game even with all of the new pokemon that everyone seemed to complain about. But, in battle, a lot of them are really good and the story was fantastic.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    Your question has been answered, but keep i mind for the next time everyone who reads this: Threads are meant for a discussion on a topic. Not on whether or not you want other people to tell you what to do with your money. Any other questions that are simple and quick to fix, please begin paying attention to the Quick Questions thread. Thank you.

Closed.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back