• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Worth it to go to the Primal Clash Prerelease?

Is it worth it to go to the prerelease

• Spend your money on it. It's worth it.

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Don't spend your money on it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Buy the cards individually instead

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RandomHype

Explosive Explosion
Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2015
    The new set coming out has 164 cards. This can be both a good and a bad thing, for it allows you to much more versatility on the rare pulls to get.
    https://pokebeach.com/2015/01/early-primal-clash-scans-cards-inside-hoenn-regions-collectors-album

There are new Extended art cards in the set, but most of them have been made uncommons and holo rares. And to be honest, most of the Extended arts (Except Kingdra, Medicham, and swampert) don't look so good for competive play.

I'd love to go to the prerelease for the sheer idea of getting trainers, but I have a feeling that would be a too little of a spectrum as well. There's dive ball, the Ace cards, partners, and some good reprints, but nothing really new.

Heres the Promo for this event: https://pokebeach.com/2015/01/primal-clash-prerelease-promo-kingdra

The last Time I went to a prerelease was phantom forces, pulling a SR MGengar and both team flare tools, so its unlikely that another prerelease will top this.

Here's a video for an idea of the pull rates: https://youtu.be/GeajX-yUIm8

So should I just preorder individual cards and wait for the set to come out, or chance it and spend money on packs?

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    Ya know even if some of the cards aren't that great, the artwork on all of them has been by far some of my favorites ever. I'd say that there being 164 gives a much higher chance at pulling a rather decent card! Even the packs currently at Target (the catch is that it's one pack per bag of booster and small card folder for $5) are worth taking a peek into. I bought four today and got cards I wanted to collect solely for the artwork on them. Plus, the Stadiums in this set are rather decent as well, and with there being so many and so many being uncommon makes the pull chance pretty decent as well.

Of course this question always ends up with the cliche of, "It's your money, you decide if you want to spend it." However, I do believe that this set is one of the better ever released and the Mega Gardevoir being as powerful as it is, and Wailord being as much of a wall, are always worth a shot at taking gamble of finding it in the booster packs.

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
    Years
  • I've open about 20 packs already and this set is worth going to pre-release for. The promo is the good Kingdra out of the set.

kirbasaur

Human-Ivasaur hybrid
    Years
  • WORTH IT

any way, when is the pre-release event for EMERALD BREAK?????
    Worth it to go to the Primal Clash Prerelease?

Back