• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Would have been great if we had included THIS...

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    Pick one feature from a past game to add to ORAS! Or something that was omitted from the originals. But the catch is, if you say Battle Frontier, pick something else or else this thread will turn into a "Bring Back the Battle Frontier!" campaign ;)

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    PokeStar Studios and the Pokemon World Tournament from Black2/White2. Even though the majority of people don't seem to like those 2 things, I did, and I wish that they were included in every game after Gen V. I suppose that PokeStar Studios would clash with ORAS's revamp of Contests, but then again this is also the same company that wrote themselves into a corner with Mega Evolution and then deus ex machina'd out of it with "wooooooooo alternate dimensions wooooooooo".....

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2017
    I would have enjoyed something similar to the Pokemon World Tournament from Pokemon Black and White 2. It would have also been great if they kept the character customization from X/Y. I was disappointed to see that the Seasons Mechanic still hasn't returned yet. If that was incorporated, they may have been able to add much more Pokemon than the limited amount we already had.

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
    Years
    Digging for fossils please! :3 Man, I enjoyed this so much back in Gen.4! It was a whole new way of obtaining not only every kind of fossil (eventually) but also some neat items like evolution stones and plates :) It has been waaaay too long...

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
    I wished that Trainer Customization will return in some form, and also the feature when I'm walking along with my Pokémon.

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2015
    The Trainer Customization would have been great, but I would liked more if the Pokemon were following you like in HGSS without remove the Pokemon Amie.
    Oh, yes I would have liked if in the Secret Bases the trainers could use more than 3 Pokemon.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
    Trainer customization....I don't know why they made such a neat feature and then immediately removed it. T____T We can name the trainer whatever we want, so the design shouldn't have been stuck to just Brendan and May's basic models...

Also wish some of BW2's endgame features were in ORAS too. Like PWT, Treehollow/Tower, PokeStar, Join Avenue. God, I loved all of those. Now I wanna play BW2 again!

Pokemon following you was cute..but I think it wouldn't work as well in 3D as it did as sprites. The sprites were super adorable.

Years
    Digging for fossils please! :3 Man, I enjoyed this so much back in Gen.4! It was a whole new way of obtaining not only every kind of fossil (eventually) but also some neat items like evolution stones and plates :) It has been waaaay too long...

I agree. It's so annoying we have to mainly rely on Super Training to get the evolution stones, and for people who suck at it such as myself it's an even harder process. Some rematchable trainers do give out the stones but still, 5% chance means you'll have to rebattle them a lot before they even decide to give one to you.

Also, I would have liked to see customization but at the same time I knew it wasn't going to be in because Brendan and May's designs were well-established and it would ruin the nostalgic element of it.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I agree. It's so annoying we have to mainly rely on Super Training to get the evolution stones, and for people who suck at it such as myself it's an even harder process. Some rematchable trainers do give out the stones but still, 5% chance means you'll have to rebattle them a lot before they even decide to give one to you.

Also, I would have liked to see customization but at the same time I knew it wasn't going to be in because Brendan and May's designs were well-established and it would ruin the nostalgic element of it.

This is why people REALLY need to get their PGL accounts up and running, the mini games have all the evolutionary items extremely plentifully (not to mention the power items, which is extremely useful to have a set of 5 early on in game) and best of all evn if you absolutely suck at the PGL games , all the prizes are random so just put in a little time and you have tons of everything you need. (plus, best of all, all the items you can buy in game for Pokemiles are half price on the PGL)

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    They probably got rid of character customization so that x/y will at least have different features compared to or/as rather than x/y becoming obsolete.

I would've liked to see the Battle Frontier in this game, seemed like a pretty obvious omission.

Gligar

Bruhfication Sayan
    Years
    So many I can include. First of all, please bring back the pokestar studios! This was favourite thing about BWBW2. I just loved it. And second of all, you member when we used to walk with our pokemon in HSSS, I would absolutely love to bring it back. I mean, I can understand why they wouldn't do it. But I mean both XY and ORAS didn't have it, so I think two years is enough to develop the pokemon wanted.

Now third of all, Why the hell didn't they bring back customization. That was my favourite part of XY, the fact that not all people would be clones. I was really looking forward to it in ORAS,but guess what, Gamefreak didn't do it.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I would have liked some of the Poketch's applications to be in the PokeNav too, like the pedometer for hatching eggs, or the egg checker for breeding purposes if you're too far away from any of the Day Cares.

Years
    What I think might have been good was being able to get both fossils from Hoenn like you were in Emerald. That and the Jaw/Sail Fossil. That or having the post-game starters you get from Professor Birch have their Hidden Abilities, yes I know they're released now but still. With the Dream World no more, it would have been nice to be able to get more Hidden Ability stuff that's not quite as accessible.

Or Move Tutors before the post-game, I would've liked that.

Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2015
    For me its a tie between customizable characters from XY and Join Avenue from BW2

I think its really stupid that they didn't put customizable characters in ORAS i'm sure they could have done it.
    I'm tired of seeing my character in the bland outfit that everyone else has.

As for Join Avenue, I probably spent one week to long with this place. With the 3DS's capabilities such as Streetpass and Spotpass Join Avenue could really be improved.

KillerTyphlosion

Champion
    Years
    This is more like standard features from older games for future games wish, but here I go. (I really wanted nr. 1 in oras)
    1. Difficulty settings, so we don't have easy mode all the time.
    2. Customizable characters.
    3. Following pokémons.
    4. Pokémon world tournament. Really loved that I could battle all the past gym leaders and champions on competitive level. Would love it if they added e4 members to.
    5. I don't like how the facilities are since gen 5. I would love it if they made something similar to battle frontier or a combination of the BF and what we have in gen 5/6.

I really hate how gamefreak just ditches almost all past features and then comes with less content in the next games and that we need a 3rd game or remakes for a lot more content and oras didn't really bring much to the table.

Back