• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Would it be good for voice acting in games?

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
    Years
    So firmly against it... care to elaborate why?

Certainly, there are a few main reasons why I would never want to see such thing in a Pokemon game...ever (no offense):

1. If ANYTHING in any game would annoy me a whole bunch, it would be voice acting inside a game. I think it's just annoying to hear all those (often also annoying) voices all the time through gameplay, especially when you need to concentrate on something.

2. It's just weird to "suddenly" introduce voice acting inside a Pokemon game. Sure the "Pika! Pika!" sound from Pikachu is nice and is kind of a voice acting feature, but besides Pikachu no other Pokemon or characters share a "voice". So it's still kinda weird imo, just do it for all the Pokemon then, or just none at all.

Just leave the Pokemon games as we all know so well, in my opinion they still have something unique without the voice acting since a lot of games these days have this feature. It would just be stupid to introduce this in a Pokemon game after all these years as far as I'm concerned.

So yeah, there you go ;)

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
    Don't want voice acting either.

I think it was the show that invented this thing about Pokémon only being able to speak their own name anyways.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    I was hoping for more voice acting In Pokemon XY. I would like for the characters to actually talk, and for more cutscenes in upcoming games. Game Freak should focus a lot more on the story, and have a good, solid story for their games. Game Freak should try a game with more voice acting, then if players don't like it they can go back to silent protagonists. Game Freak revolutionized the game with 3D graphics, a smaller feature like voice acting couldn't change the game that much, could it?

Blake Belladonna

*insert fancy usertitle here*
    Years
    Omigosh yes yes it would be grand if they did~ It doesn't have to be extensive a feature but perhaps having voice-over for character cutscenes ie gym challenges, elite four pre-battle message, and perhaps a narrator announcing the new Champion~!

Years
    That would be awesome! The characters in Pokemon always seem to lack a sense of realism and life to them, but maybe voice acting could bring some of that! Simply borrow some that are already working on the anime as actors, and have them play as the same characters they were in the show. I'm not sure how much I would enjoy having a narrator tell the players tale throughout the game, though.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
    I've grown too accustomed to text boxes to want voice acting in the Pokemon games. It would be nice, but it wouldn't really fit well within the games. I personally think they would fit better in most of the spin off games, we already have voice acting in the arena battling games and it's been fantastic (shoutout to stadium/stadium 2 announcer). By spin off, I mainly mean the Mystery Dungeon games. They're all about story, partners and enemies, etc. I'd really like to have voice acting in those games, maybe like the Mystery Dungeon specials they have on the anime occasionally, but in the main series games? Stick to text boxes. :p

I don't really like the idea, but if it were to happen, just make it an optional choice in the options or something. d:

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
    Years
    The possibility of Voice Acting and your personal voice actor wish list.

Who would you like to portray a character in the Pokemon games?

If voice acting was possible, here's who I would like to voice certain characters.

Maxie (Team Magma) - Alan Rickman.
    Archie (Team Aqua) - Clancy Brown.
    Clay (Driftveil Gym Leader) - Robbie Coltrane at his best American accent.
    These are just few people I want to hear in the games.

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2015
    Honestly, I would rather the main series of Pokemon Games remain voiceless. Firstly, it's just an unnecessary drain on resources GameFreak could devote to other parts of the Pokemon Project, and secondly, when it comes to dubbing their products into English, Pokemon has had...very mixed results. I can honestly see some characters being utterly ruined by the inclusion of voice acting. It's an aspect of the game that's better left to the imagination.

But Barack Obama should definitely voice all future appearances of Brock.

Years
    I know I've said before that I really wouldn't want to see voice acting in the Pokémon games but if it was something that was going to come to fruition regardless of whether I wanted it or not then I'd support Jennifer Hale maybe voicing a Gym Leader or Elite Four member or something as she's my favourite voice actor :)

Sebastian_Sommer

Rocket grunt
    Years
    As cool as the idea may be, but I will say no to this. After looking at the 3d model of the characters throwing a tantrum after being beaten in XY. I won't be able to take any villain seriously when I hear them say something in the lines of "no! it can't be!".

Years
    Bad enough we got the Pikachu stick for a few games.
    Poison gym of B2W2 made for a terrible audio experience.

I would not want this in Pokemon. Voice acting quality tends to stink when the game
    target audience is E for Everyone... or kids in general.
    Mario voice for example.
    Skylanders, other than Flynn, for another.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    I think if anything it should stick to just Pikachu having a voice since he's the mascot and his voice in the anime is an iconic one. It's one that everyone who's seen the anime at least once knows (and probably people who haven't and people who aren't interested in Pokemon) cause it's the same actor in the Japanese version and all the dubbed versions. Maybe some other characters too, but the protagonist should always be silent. It's just gives your character personality and more individuality just like giving it your name and trainer customization in X and Y.

Girl

04/07/14
    Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2014
    No. That would kill the immersion. Leave voice acting to the player's imagination.

Back