• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

would the fire department use Water Type Pokémon?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Sure, why not. The cost of feeding Pokemon is probably a lot less than the cost of maintaining fire trucks and such. Actually chances are they'd use Water/Flying Pokemon, because not only would they have a Water Pokemon, but they would get to the fire fast and can use overhead firefighting methods like people do here in helicopters.

If they could tame one, a Gyarados would probably be one of the best firefighters around. If not I could see them using Blastoise, Starmie, Milotic, and Pokemon such as Poliwhirl to actually save people.

Palladium

2012 FTW!
    Years
    I not sure on Gyarados since he was never seen to Fly, and the only flying move he can get is Bounce so ...
    But yeah, I believe that firemen would indeed use Water Type Pokemon, because it would be more practical not to mention that they wouldn't need to pay a water bill (they'd have to feed them though ...)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Yup, I can see the fire department use Water Pokemon for the reasons Toujours stated. To add to it, they can use Pelipper or Swanna as their means of aerial transport. The Water starter Pokemon and their evolved forms could also be used here.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    it doesn't have to only be a Water type Pokemon it can be Pokemon with different typing too such as Lugia, it is able to fly and I'm pretty sure it can learn Hydro Pump (but what are the odds of using a legendary like that). Hydregion another Pokemon that can learn Fly, it can also learn Rain Dance and Surf as well. Salamance can use Fly, Rain Dance, Aqua Tail and Hydro Pump also.

:t354:TG

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
    Years
    Of course they would recruit the Squirtle Squad!

But they would have pokemon like Feraligatr and Seismitoad to break in and rescue trapped people.

Ayutac

Developer who wants your help
    Years
    They just have to teach them not to overdo it. Water gun is fine, but things like hydropump would overdo it. It would smash the burning house and from that fire may spread to nearby houses.
    The over(fire)kill would be surfer, if it could be used like in the games. Just summon a bunch of water and move it overthe fire :D

Years
    I imagine they could use Ground Type Pokemon too in the fire department so perhaps Water / Ground dual typing Pokemon would be the primary Pokemon of choice for the fire dept.

Ayutac

Years
    I imagine they could use Ground Type Pokemon too in the fire department so perhaps Water / Ground dual typing Pokemon would be the primary Pokemon of choice for the fire dept.
    Why would that be so? I can't image any use of it, digging under a bruning house is no good and digging for water would be pointless because of Water Pokémon. Not to mention digging would probably destroy some pipes or cables.

But following the idea of double types, Rock would be sufficient. Harder to burn and can smash doors or things like that.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Why would that be so? I can't image any use of it, digging under a bruning house is no good and digging for water would be pointless because of Water Pokémon. Not to mention digging would probably destroy some pipes or cables.

But following the idea of double types, Rock would be sufficient. Harder to burn and can smash doors or things like that.
    Because you can put out fires with dirt and sand as well, apart from water.

Ayutac

Years
    Because you can put out fires with dirt and sand as well, apart from water.
    Well okay, oversaw that point. Now one could discuss how cool it is to chease a fire by making the house in question dirty, but that's not part of the discussion :P

Still like the idea of Rock.

Sgt Shock

Goldsmith
    Years
    In my fan fiction, I had them using water and ground types, occasionally fire types that wouldn't catch more stuff of fire like Houndoom to help other people out of the fire that they can't get to.

miju-kun

soaring
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2014
    Well, duh. I don't think there is a reason for them to not use water type Pokémon to put out a fire. Rock types would work too for smashing the fire lol.

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2012
    Would water type pokemon save the world form hunger and thirst? Or at least thirst?

Could the water types survive in very hot dry places easily?

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    Hello Squirtle Squad!

Other people are mentioning big bulky waters for breaking people out, like the firemen who axe their way through some timber, but I think it would be better if it was Arcanine. Think about it, if the Arcanine has Flash Fire, they wouldn't be phased and instead use that energy to get to the trapped people faster! And they'd be stronger, so it's a win-win.

So the fire department would use Pokemon.

The Void

hiiiii
    Years
    Blastoise would be a good Pokemon to use; not only is it a Water-type, but it also has a shell to protect it from fire as well.

They could also use Abra/Kadabra/Alakazam since it can Teleport from place to place and could use Psychic attacks to "lift" people from afar.

Or Lucario, who could use aura to detect any other people trapped in the flames.

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    I remember a certain Pokemon anime episode wherein a fire department has Squirtles on it's team. As far as I can remember, Ash's Squirtle was one of them. :D

Back