• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Would you accept every challenge?

Years
    If you would be a pokemon trainer would you accept every challenge? Even if your challenger would be very arrogant or annoying in any other way? What if he or she was much weaker than you? Would you still fight him/her? You know, maybe that would be to tough on him/her. Or in some cases the challenger would be way better than you. Would you fight him/her eventhough there would be a good chance you will lose? Or you could have any other reason to not fight with everyone. If you have, it would be very appreciated if you told me.:D

Mudkip85

A.K.A ~KIPPER~
    Years
    If you would be a pokemon trainer would you accept every challenge? Even if your challenger would be very arrogant or annoying in any other way? What if he or she was much weaker than you? Would you still fight him/her? You know, maybe that would be to tough on him/her. Or in some cases the challenger would be way better than you. Would you fight him/her eventhough there would be a good chance you will lose? Or you could have any other reason to not fight with everyone. If you have, it would be very appreciated if you told me.:D

Accepting every challenge that is presented to you will alway help so get better. I always accept challenges no matter what the situation is. Even if the oppenent is much weaker than you and unexperienced, you give them the oppurtunity to learn from people who are better than them. Normally im more comfortable accepting challenges where i know the trainer is much better than me, as i can put my true skills to the test and even if i was to loose i could learn from my mistakes.

~Kipper~

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Aug 5, 2022
    if they are arrogent no i dont accept challenges from jerks if they genuinely want to learn then yeah or if they are tougher than me and arent arrogent pricks i would accept the challenge also because i wanna see how well i do

Poké King

A Mixed Bag...
    Years
    • MD
    • Seen Apr 25, 2007
    If I was challenged I would battle usually, if I didn't it probably be because I had something to do or my Pokémon just came from a hard battle and I didn't want to further exhaust them. If a Trainer was obviously weaker than me I probably battle them but I hold back a little to teach them a few things, maybe even offer them help in getting there Pokémon tougher then when they do toughen them up I battle them again to see how far they've come.

if they are arrogent no i dont accept challenges from jerks
    Well, I probably except a battle from such a person to teach them a lesson for being a jerk by either just being a jerk in general, misusing there Pokémon or whatever.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    I would except every challenge because I'm always up for a good challenge. But I prefer trainers with more experience because this can teach both me and the Pokemon and give us more experience

:t354:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

Captain Arcane

spoon full o'peanut butter
    Years
    I would never back down from a challenge, except if my oponent was significantly weaker than me. But if the trainer insisted on challenging me, I would except.
    Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2007
    Well, if I was strong enough, I would accept any trainer's Pokemon battle. But if I wasn't and my Pokemon were weak or injured, I wouldn't. I would also not challenge any weak Pokemon trainers, only ones who were as strong as me or stronger than me.

Years
    Well, if I was strong enough, I would accept any trainer's Pokemon battle. But if I wasn't and my Pokemon were weak or injured, I wouldn't. I would also not challenge any weak Pokemon trainers, only ones who were as strong as me or stronger than me.
    This is the same standard I would use and if the person was a jerk I would teach him a lesson.

Years
    If I knew the trainer was stronger than me I would do it for a challenge.
    If they're around the same level I would accept.
    But if they were a lower trainer I'd probs reject their challenge.

Others reasons I may reject are:
    my pokemon's hp is low
    Can't be bothered
    doing an important mission/task/job

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
    Yeah, I think I would accept every challenge. Why not? Experience is experience, and you need all you can.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Maybeah, but if the 'enemy' had a Azurill, Bellossom, Cyndaquil or a Torchic, I wouldn't accept it, I'd hug the Pokemon instead of battle them.

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
    I'd accept every challenge except for ones that I or the opponent have a highly significant advantage (like in level or critical HP). I also wouldn't accept if my Pokemon was in any condition, though I would find it heartless for a person to even ask if they were >_> Even if the person was super arrogant, I'd battle; though I'd be pretty pissed if I lost XD

CHaRiSMa

Watching Celty chase bad guys
    Years
    I wouldn't accept just any battle esp if my pokemon were injured or too tired to battle. I also wouldn't battle trainers who would be far weaker than me because I think it's just waisting time.. I know it sounds rude but if they wanted to learn from experienced trainers they could still choose somebody else. Oh and as far as rude and arrogant trainers are concerned.. I would battle them immediately because I'm a very proud person and cannot stand it being put down by some jerks.. and besides if the jerks mistreated their pokemon there's just a reason more to fight them because I just can't stand pokemon violence!

Vendour

Water & Fire Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2014
    Mmm... if I remember correctly, Pokemon trainers have to accept all challenges, it being common courtesy and such. I would accept all challenges. I can clearly see myself not wanting to battle a weak(er) trainer because I wouldnt want to waste the time with the boring battle (that was harsh, lol), but I'd still accept. Naturally, I'd go easy on him/her unless he/she preferred I didnt; even so, I'd still hold back a little for their Pokemon. I'd love a battle that I could go all out in, a battle that gets the adrenaline going. You know, where your so into the battle that you zone out from everything else, and its only you, your opponent, and the Pokemon. I wouldnt mind losing to a stronger respectable trainer.

Now, I don't think its all too great to want to battle a trainer just because he is a jerk and you want to teach him a lesson or get back at him. That sounds like a personal grudge, and imo, Pokemon battles are out of place there. And I definitely dont see the point in wanting to battle a trainer because he mistreats Pokemon. Thats not helping anything. Something like mistreatment of Pokemon needs to be taken up in with the trainer and some higher authority, like Officer Jenny.

Last edited:

Cornicapus

Custom User Title
    Years
    I woild only accept ifthey could give me could Exp but if they are just obsticles i would say omg go away! and if they hounded me i would battle them... and kick the spoof out of him!

Back