• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Would you be a nice or cruel trainer?

Years
    If you had Pokemon of your own, would you be nice towards them like Ash or would you be more like Paul and treat them badly?

Buttered Coat

I AM BUT A COAT.
    Years
    I'd be a really nice trainer! Even in my game I tell my pokemon I love them and I praise them and treat them all equally. I also try not to leave them too long in the box so they won't feel unloved ^-^ So yeah, I'd be nice and my pokemon would love me :3

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    I'd probably be more on the nice side. Treating cruelly can lead to mutiny. :x But also because they're living, breathing creature that deserve just as much respect as humans do. I'd try to be a bit stern when it comes to training, but I think I'd mostly be easy-going about it. :3

Althea

[For Sale]
    Years
    It'd depend on the Pokemon, I think. If it's going to act up and piss me off, then obviously I'm not going to be spewing sunshine and rainbows in return. I think I'd try and establish an easygoing relationship with my Pokemon, but I'd expect no less of them than what I would expect of myself. I think I'd be similar to Drew in my attitude to it...push them as hard as I could without being outright cruel, but try and keep things relatively friendly.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
    I'D SURE HIT IT AS HARD AS I CAN AND AND MAYBE THROW THEM IN A PIT OF LAVA AND AND --

No; actually, I'd be pretty nice to them. :>
    Its not in me to be mean anyway. XD
    Cause if you show em' love, they'll love you back. :3

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    Oh, I'd have an HM Slave or two Despite my love of using HM Slaves in Pokemon games, I would be nice to any Pokemon (that includes you, Bidoof and Bibarel) even if annoying or weak. If they are that way, they can simply be pets that I can groom and cuddle with~

JimJams

Giggles at the Ghosties
    Years
    Super nice! They'd probably be more like my pets and help me do everyday things or fun things (flying, surfing) than battling anyway. They'd be spoiled rotten. :)

Bohemian_Rhapsody

Professional Daydreamer
    Years
    I would most likely be a loving trainer who works hard to gain their pokemon's respect and love. Granted, I would be a bit tough and work them hard to become stronger and I would probably have a tendency to get mad at them if they did something wrong (meaning it was in their control) but it wouldn't last too long. I always try to make sure my pokemon never faint in battle unless it's out of my control.

smurf

Veteran Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2015
    theres a point with every trainer what works works id be as nice as possible but for me failure is not an option so i would be tough

Years
    I'd treat them like I treat my pets; with love and affection. I probably wouldn't have huge amount of them either, because the whole idea of leaving your Pokemon to rot in a box for many years doesn't appeal to me.

Still, I'd push them to their limit during training, but I wouldn't overdo it.

Look at me, I'm one of those weird people pretending Pokemon are real. >.>

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I don't have the heart to treat animals badly, especially those that are mine (like my Cat). With that said, I would probably treat my Pokemon with a whole lot of love and care. I might be a little strict with it comes to training, but in the end I'll give them a hug or cuddle them if they've done well, much like what I do with my cat in real life. Hell, I might even baby-talk to them if they're a younger Pokemon, such as a Baby Eevee or something and perhaps even act all motherly.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    Would I treat my Pets cruelly? No because I simply don't have the heart for it. Now if I were a trainer, I wouldn't do that to them because like my pets which I treat them like my own kids, I will do that to my Pokemon as well.

:t354:TG

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    I would be in between. I'd be friendly and kind yet at some points I'd push them to the limits and be harsh for their own good. However, I wouldn't cross the line like Paul did with releasing chimchar. I'd definately work hard and try and acheive the best, and without hard work there is no possibility in acheiving anything. As at trainer I couldn't just wrap everything in cotton wool.

Water Master Roxy

Wish I was Misty
    Years
    I would love my pokemon and care for them. I could never treat anything horribly not even my worst enamy. Maybe an annoying fly. Nothing beats the love between a trainer and there pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2011
    I would be nice of course since they're all so cute(some of the newer ones not so much though), but I wouldn't be nice like Ash, more like Red from Pokemon Adventures. I'd still push the pokemon to their limits and if I had to be harsh then I would. I would treat the pokemon with love and caring but the training I give would probably be brutal since I have a thing with being stronger than the opponent(if the opponent is level 50 then I would want to train to level 55 before battling them), But I would be sure to give them plenty of rest and treats after the training though.

I'd probably be nicer to Bibarel and Bidoof in real life then I am in the games though haha it's harder to have HM slaves in real life since you're actually with them, and Bidoof looks stupidly cute.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

It depends on what their personality is. It might be a stupid meowth who keeps jumping on ur back. WTF! Yeah but i would lve and care for my pokemon and treat them just like family.

Back