• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Would you be a Pokemon in the modern world?

~Akiko

<3
    Years
    It's a very fun thought, would you like to be a Pokemon in the world we live in today? If so, what Pokemon?

Take in account all the risks you'd have to take, not to mention giving up everything you have right now currently.
    You'd have countless scientists after you, maybe even the army!
    Though it would be the most fun you'd probably ever have, and you don't ever die!

I would do it to be a Lucario or a Ninetales.
    I'd try and hide far away from people in the moutains where everything is so pretty! :)

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Well, think of this logically. You are the only Pokemon in the world.

-There is no Pokemon food, you have to either hunt and eat animals or forage for food constantly, instead of the easy life we have eating now as humans. And none of those are optimized for Pokemon digestion so they might not even be edible for Pokemon, who knows.
    -You would be the only one of your species, so you would not be able to reproduce. You would never be able to love someone and have them reciprocate that love, because you would never find another of your own species.
    -People would be afraid of you no matter what Pokemon you were, so you would have to hide from all humans hoping they won't kill you. And Pokemon do die, lol, just look at Lavender Town.

In conclusion, no, I would not become the only Pokemon in a world of humans.

~Akiko

<3
    Years
    I totally forgot about that. >.>
    Those Pokemon in Lavender Town are the special exceptions, all the others are alive! x]

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
    Years
    Mew. It is said in it's pokedex entries that it is the ancestor of all pokemon. My interpretation is that a whole bunch of them were sent out by Arceus to seed the planet with Pokemon, excluding legendaries. See where I'm going? If I chose to become the ancestor of Pokemon, I would be able to bring them to Earth!

Greenbeans

Guardian of Le Foret
    Years
    Well, think of this logically. You are the only Pokemon in the world.

-There is no Pokemon food, you have to either hunt and eat animals or forage for food constantly, instead of the easy life we have eating now as humans. And none of those are optimized for Pokemon digestion so they might not even be edible for Pokemon, who knows.
    -You would be the only one of your species, so you would not be able to reproduce. You would never be able to love someone and have them reciprocate that love, because you would never find another of your own species.
    -People would be afraid of you no matter what Pokemon you were, so you would have to hide from all humans hoping they won't kill you. And Pokemon do die, lol, just look at Lavender Town.

In conclusion, no, I would not become the only Pokemon in a world of humans.
    Concidering what she just said i would defenitly NOT want to be a pokemon but i there were pokemon food and other pokemon and all that suff i would 100% want to be a pokemon no doubt

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Is nobody taking into account that you would have to give up the opposite sex?
    I think you're thinking about this too seriously, it's just a bit of fun.

Being Mewtwo in this current day and age would be absolutely badass. Hell yeah the army would be after me, scientists as well for obvious reasons. It'd be dangerous, but surely an incredible experience. Though, with what the post above mine mentioned, loneliness would be a big negative towards this whole thing. Not even necessarily the opposite sex, but a feeling of association with a similar creature as you. It's something that if you kept thinking about, you'd surely go mad.

Whoo, looks like I started taking that a bit too seriously too haha.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Unless it's some uber powerful and intelligent Pokemon like Mewtwo or Metagross, then no. If I wanted to be a Pokemon in any day or age, it would have to be one that's not only incredibly powerful, but incredibly intelligent and cunning as well.

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
    Years
    Shiny Swellow xD It's just the best pokémon ever excisted, and you can fly :) Don't forget that, since you are actually a bird, you can still reproduce with other birds lol. Or Mew, would be funny since it can learn any kind of move including Transform so you can still be a human and still can love someone. Has nobody thought of that yet? xD

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I think you're thinking about this too seriously, it's just a bit of fun.

It's not fun to think about a hypothetical question, think "oh yeah, I'd do that" and then move on. It's more fun if you actually put yourself into the situation, think of the pros and cons of that situation, and decide if you would logically want that situation for yourself. Or maybe it's just me that likes that? xD;

Anyway, the idea of being able to use transform is interesting. But I still wouldn't like that, because I would know deep in my heart that I'm not a human, and that the person I'm with only likes me because I am, and wouldn't like me for who I really am. Therefore I would have PokeDepression.

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
    Years
    Yup, I'd be a Pokemon. And, so I wouldn't starve, I'd be Zekrom. First of all, I could eat technically anything, I could fly around, and I could become a scary bedtime story creature. Now, HOW COOL IS THAT?

~Akiko

<3
    Years

It's not fun to think about a hypothetical question, think "oh yeah, I'd do that" and then move on. It's more fun if you actually put yourself into the situation, think of the pros and cons of that situation, and decide if you would logically want that situation for yourself. Or maybe it's just me that likes that? xD;

Anyway, the idea of being able to use transform is interesting. But I still wouldn't like that, because I would know deep in my heart that I'm not a human, and that the person I'm with only likes me because I am, and wouldn't like me for who I really am. Therefore I would have PokeDepression.

Hahahahah, PokeDepression. x]
    But maybe you could tell that person, if they really loved you, they'd be like that's awesome or they'd run away. It's a gamble, depending on the person, so use transform wisely. :P

aspie3000

Unova Champion
    Years
    Yeah but really would you date a pokemon, or even worst a pokemon that's tricking you into thinking that it's an attractive human? I wouldn't, I don't like animals that way no matter what they look like.

Last edited:

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019

No, you're absolutely right. Perhaps it was just the wrong choice of words on my part. I'm personally seeing this situation as something that either wouldn't last forever or would have starting from the beginning of your life. This meaning that I would have been a Pokemon from the start, rather than a human being first and a Pokemon later on.

PokeDepression, lol, good stuff. :D

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    would you like to be a Pokemon in the world we live in today?
    Yep

If so, what Pokemon?
    I would be a Ghost type Pokemon (most likely a Banette) because Ghost Pokemon are mischievous and can pretty much get whatever they want

:t354:TG

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
    It would be interesting to be a Pokemon in the world we live in today. I wouldn't mind being a Pokemon and if I was, I would be a Lucario.

Why? Because I could do many things, such as get to places faster by running without the use of cars, and I could use Pokemon moves whenever I wanted to. I could also access higher places more easily which can be very helpful!

Back