• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

would you be friend with bad breath people?

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2019
    If you be friend with them, would you point that they have bad breath?

Years
  • Me: yo take dis gum
    Person: nty lol
    Me: bai

People with bad (especially oral) hygiene are a no-no.

Haha... you said Oral.

But seriously, no. I can't. Unless if they stay away from me at all times when talking. I mean, if they have bad breath for one day in like ten years, or they've just sucked me off, then I can excuse them. Otherwise, no. It kills me.

Years
  • I've recently met some people with really bad breath, and while Im not going to be the person to point it out, I dont really like to be around them even though they are really nice.

I wasn't aware of that till recently, so I am now washing my teeth more often than ever lol xD

Poki

Banned
    Years
  • Guys, I just remembered something:

There was this girl from my class who had really bad breath, and I always tried to avoid talking with her for that very reason. There were times when it was so bad that she'd try to fan off the smell w/her hand, and think that the person she's talking to smells like that instead. Sometimes I had to turn away after a conversation with her in order to hide away my tears that were caused by the stench.

She thought it was silly & playful when she said stuff like "Oops, forgot to brush my teeth this morning!", but it wasn't funny to us, the people who had to tolerate that awful breath of hers.

Last edited:

Sirfetch’d

Yes because I really don't get close enough to my friends to smell their breath if I can! Dating is a whole different story though. I would never date someone with a foul odor emitting from their mouth.

Crux

Evermore
    Years
  • Dudes, that's pretty cold.

Sure I'd be friends with people with bad breath. That's not to say that I wouldn't joke at them about it until they improved said breath, though.

Me: said:
    "I'm bored. Let's go brush your teeth!"

£

You're gonna have a bad time.
    Years
  • Good question.

Do I want to be poisoned, blinded, silenced, put to sleep, given a speed reduction, petrified, zombified, cursed, paralysed, shrunk, and turned into a toad as well as having a death sentence that triggers in 5-10 seconds/turns?

No. Keep those foul beasts far away from me.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Yeah I've been friends with people with bad breath before. Just like I'd be friends with someone who's maybe a little loud for my tastes, or someone whose style doesn't match mine. I'm sure to some people it's a pet peeve and they're unable to look past it, but for me it's just one of many flaws a person can have and has no more importance than anything else.

Years
  • I've had friends with bad breath. I just offer them gum or mints. I don't have to be all up in their face to be their friend either.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    This is a silly question because it means that one day you'll be friends with someone and when they forget to brush their teeth or check their breath when you're hanging out with them, you'll unfriend them.

Yeah. I'm going to remain friends with you if you have bad breath. And if they have bad breath, I'll say yo here take this gum your breath smells like cow dick.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I don't think I've had a friend that had noticeably bad breath most of the time. I do have a friend though that always used to have greasy ass hair and that is something I find very repulsive, but I genuinely liked this person as a friend so I overlooked it. btw somehow they got the memo and now their hair isn't greasy anymore.

Years
  • I won't stop being friends with them, but I'll try to help them by suggesting they chew some gum, because if I had bad breath, I'd rather be alerted of it from my friend than a stranger that would afterwards assume that I always have bad breath. If it's someone I'm interested in dating, then I'll do the same, but it's obviously not very attractive, haha.

Years
  • Regardless of which friend, I do tend to leave a generous amount of personal space for the both of us so I've never had to deal with that problem. And that's how I would solve it. If they have bad breath, I'd either gently/subtly tell them or leave a distance between us to avoid it, haha.

Sean

Years
  • I would expect someone to tell me when I have bad breath, so I'd return the favour... nicely

Doesn't mean I wouldn't be friends with them, just means finding a solution to a problem ;x

Back