• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Would you buy ORAS if you found out Delta Emerald was in development?

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
  • I would definitely buy at least one version, but if I knew Delta Emerald was coming I would probably chose to not purchase the other version. I might even shift from Alpha Sapphire to Omega Ruby, because I've never played Ruby but I've played Sapphire before!

jfuze174

Elite Trainer Joey
    Years
  • id Buy it only if its more sequel-ish, since i figured ORAS is going to be more like emerald Mixed with the old games plus B2w2 Changed the playing field

Reactions: Sun

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Why not? I had the old Emerald one, why not the Delta Emerald? :p
    Chances of that 'leaked' getting released is minimum though, *wink*WaterBlue and Gray Version*wink*

RetroFanatic

Warlock
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2015
    Maybe. I have a habit of getting one of the regular versions and then the "special" version.

I'm going to buy Alpha Sapphire since I originally bought Ruby back in the day.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • A good portion of Pokemon fans bought X/Y despite the fact that all evidence and past experiences leads to the inevitable release of a "third" version or something of similar nature. So, I'm not saying this is everyone, but a lot of people would still splurge for a hypothetical Delta Emerald.

Anyways, for my own personal answer. Yeah, I would.

Zakariya

What happens in the dark, comes out in light.
    Years
  • Yes I would, I don't really care if a game is an "inferior product", as long as it's fun I honestly don't care. :P

Besides, I could get that special third version later on.

peterd1994

pokemonfanforever
    Years
  • Well I would by OR and buy delta emerald later if there is one it just means adding to my Collection lol but I'd love to see what ideas they have for delta emerald if there will be one who agrees?

Black-Tigress

Exclusive Shiny Hunter
    Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2017
    Nah, because I actually want to play Black / White first to get some pokemon who aren't available in X/Y and because I want to bring some pokemon from Diamond..So that would give me a bit more time (considering I have to actually get a 2DS first..) and then I could get "Delta Emerald"..

Last edited:
    Years
  • I would still buy Pokemon OR/AS. I'd like to experience the original story, and then the Emerald story afterwards. It would also add onto my Pokemon game collection.

atomtanned

Delinquent
    Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2022
    I usually end up getting two copies of each group of games - one to use as a main save file and the other to easily restart for challenges, etc. So I'd probably get Sapphire and then instead of getting Ruby, buy Emerald later on.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • I always get every pokemon game that comes out no matter which. I have the full set so far bar Pearl which I am getting soon. So for me even if I knew another was coming out. I would still get it.

Years
  • Definitely yes. I mean, even if an Emerald remake was going to be released eventually it'd still take at least a year for it to come out... no way can I wait that long while others sit around enjoying ORAS. Hype!

oshimas

소중한 이 내 맘 모두 나 그대에게
    Years
  • knowing gamefreak, they already have the name protected. but for them to make a re-release of emerald is highly unlikely cause we don't even have a leak or something to guarantee pokemon z.

Lauren92

#pokemonforlife
    Years
  • I always buy all of the games personally. However, it's possible they're getting away from this 3rd edition theme with the games. Black 2 and White 2 were definitely a better idea than the Grey version we were anticipating. I'm hoping that they continue with things like that moving forward.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    No. I am already disgruntled with the first signs of annualization of the series, I don't ****ing need annualization for GOTY style upgrades on top of it.

Reactions: Nah
    Back