• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

would you date a fat person?

Would you date a fat person

• yes

Votes: 15 25.4%
  • no

Votes: 29 49.2%
  • maybe

Votes: 15 25.4%

• Total voters

jasonresno

[fight through it]
Years
  • Physical attraction is a HUGE part of a relationship and nobody here can deny it. If I was physically attracted to heavier people than I would. I happen not to be and that's not a slight to anybody. So no, because of my preferences, I would not.

Mira

restless spirit
    Years
  • I myself am "fat" (pass a certain line at my school, and you are automatically placed in that category no matter what degree you are) but I wouldn't date someone much larger than myself. But I would not date a stick-thin guy. They can play soccer or whatever, but they just can't be one of those guys who obsesses over his appearance and pretends to be "sporty" while solely relying on his metabolism to stay thin. I know that this is just as shallow, but this is my opinion.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    No, I wouldn't since I see overweightness (I know that is not a word!) as being very greedy. Yes, I would if it was a person a slight bit chubby, but not huge! lol I just see it being greedy and rude, but that imy opinion only.

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • My answer is Maybe.

For me to date a really fat girl, she'd have to more than make up for it in character, and be willing to try to lose the excess weight in a healthy and steady manner (Seriously, I cant stand it when women go on a crash diet to try to lose an insane amount of weight in a short period of time.)

If she were only moderately fat, I would be less stringent about her personality, but she'd have to look good with that extra weight on her. Same as above, she could not try to recklessly lose the weight, I'd want her to do it the proper way, without dangerous diet techniques.

If she were only slightly fat, then I'd treat her like any regular woman, I'd not expect her to lose any weight at all. (but if she wanted to lose those few extra pounds, I'd not stand for it if she tried to get rid of it in less than 1.5 weeks)

On the other hand, I'm not usually attracted to moderately fat or really fat girls. I never have been, and I dont think I will ever be. That's just the way a guy's mind is usually wired, I've nothing against fat women at all personally. (Since I was moderately overweight myself as a child, I understand what being 'fat' is like, kids can be so cruel sometimes)

Cascade'A Stupidity

Biggest Muppet there is.
    Years
    • Seen May 4, 2009
    truth be told, since im heavy, i find it hard trying to find n e one to date b/c people dont date fat people at my school. Its really weird and like whenever i go to school, rly preppy kids make me comments to me like, "wanna date fatass" and stuff like that

EXACTLY my day. =/

Stupid people thinking they're 'popular' and everything. -.-

Capt. Couch

Wake me... When you need me...
    Years
  • I'm fine with dating a girl who's a little on the chubby side, but if they're a living dough roll, then no. I'm just not attracted to them. I'm more attracted to girls of an average size.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    Maybe...
    If I like the person, then why not?
    And I'm not your definition of slim either.

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2016
    Did you ever come to think that this thread may be offencive to someone?
    (I'm not saying I'm fat or anything, I'm pretty solid so...)

Anyways the anwser of the day is no, the reason why? They just arn't my type if you know what I mean? (No offence:nervous:)

Megaera

stop calling me d:
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Mar 30, 2015
    Maybe,
    if I like the person, I sometimes like chubby guys, and besides people are people anyways.

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2016
    Well Maybe,
    I don't like fat guys you know, but I would date them
    if I like the person, sometimes they're annoying you know, some people will laugh at you
    but I don't mind them, being humble with them is good!

Tangerine Fox

82% Non-Toxic
    Years
  • Maybe -- it always depends on the person.

Simply put, I'm an active person; most nights, I would much rather go rock-climbing over a movie. And, if we get along well enough and share similar ideas of a fun date, it's worth considering. It goes for anyone, regardless of build; I probably wouldn't have as much fun with someone who didn't like sports/exercise. We'd find other things to do, sure, but for more than one date, mix it up some and get moving.

Kazukii

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2009
    I'm not impressed with the poll result.
    It's mostly about what the persons like. I have a good friend who's a little bit on the chubby side and she's great. I've dated her like twice and I didn't judge her by the way she looks.

My answers yes.

Lily!

moved
    Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2010
    Well... ._______.;​

That's a definite NO. I mean, I'm not trying to be judgemental or prejudiced...I have some friends who are a bit on the chubbish side (Tennessee, 4th most obese state in the country, yeah.)

I'm anorexic to tell the truth, (gaining weight is impossible for me LOL) and I've had bad memories with fat people. -shudders- Fat people IRL who I hate keep invading my best dreams and turning them into disturbing nightmares. (won't go into the details).​

I'm all like "GET THE CRAP OUT OF MY DREAMS, SHAMU!" D8​

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Maybe for sure. i mean i personally am a bit chunky so i know what its like to look at a fat body but if its like not chunky but like just lumps and layers of fat then no hell no. I am a hypocrite i know but i dunno i think its different to see a women being fat then a guy.

AuraAshley

Wê'll §†å¥ £ðrêvêr †hï§ wå¥
    Years
  • I'm not impressed with the poll result.
    It's mostly about what the persons like. I have a good friend who's a little bit on the chubby side and she's great. I've dated her like twice and I didn't judge her by the way she looks.

My answers yes.

i agree with you i saw the results.

i would date a fat person aslong as they had a good personality

Well... ._______.;​

That's a definite NO. I mean, I'm not trying to be judgemental or prejudiced...I have some friends who are a bit on the chubbish side (Tennessee, 4th most obese state in the country, yeah.)

I'm anorexic to tell the truth, (gaining weight is impossible for me LOL) and I've had bad memories with fat people. -shudders- Fat people IRL who I hate keep invading my best dreams and turning them into disturbing nightmares. (won't go into the details).​

I'm all like "GET THE CRAP OUT OF MY DREAMS, SHAMU!" D8​

you know thats like really mean. so your insulting fat people then. you know im a little heavy too. you saying u wouldnt like me cuz im heavy?

Last edited:
    Years
  • O_o this thread hasn't really gotten out of hand! Anyway, I'm engaged to someone who is rather large I don't really think much about it seeing as he's been eating better since we've been together. His personality is what had me sold. Now I'm not saying his looks didn't matter, but I could look beyond his chubby-ness & see the wonderful person that he is.

Lily!

moved
    Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2010
    you know thats like really mean. so your insulting fat people then. you know im a little heavy too. you saying u wouldnt like me cuz im heavy?

I was not insulting anyone. I am only reffering to certain people in particular, IRL. You've got the wrong point, I never said I hated chubby people at all. I've stated before, I have friends who are heavy and I don't judge them one bit. :|​

AuraAshley

Wê'll §†å¥ £ðrêvêr †hï§ wå¥
    Years

• I was not insulting anyone. I am only reffering to certain people in particular, IRL. You've got the wrong point, I never said I hated chubby people at all. I've stated before, I have friends who are heavy and I don't judge them one bit. :|​

rly lol im sorry then i took it as u didnt like fat people lol

Lily!

moved
    Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2010
    rly lol im sorry then i took it as u didnt like fat people lol

Oh, it's okay. xD
    I can also be a bit of a goof in my posts, and I can be quite illiterate at times, so I guess you can say the message I was trying to convey may have been hard for you to grasp. My fault there!

Back