• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Would you date someone of a different race?

Would you date a person of a different race than your own?

• Yes

Votes: 66 83.5%
  • Maybe

Votes: 8 10.1%
  • No

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Unsure

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters

-Slick-

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2017
    I don't see anything wrong with it. In fact, I would prefer that over someone of my own race because I would want to experience something new and learn some things about another culture in that relationship. It would make things much more interesting. At the end of the day, what I really care about is their personality, but a different race is an extra plus.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • There's nothing wrong with dating someone from a different race. As long as that person is attractive, race is my least concern.

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    I would definitely date someone of a different race. :D I never have though.

Karasuma

It's beemo time!
    Years
  • I've got no problem with dating someone of a different race, culture, or beliefs. Don't mind what the media or anyone around says. As long as we like each other, that is what matters most.

pokemasta92

3rd Gen. Enthusiast
    Years
  • I would definitely date someone of a different race, in fact I already have. Race does not matter, you love who you love. However I will say that I do believe it is easier to be with someone of your same race because generally beliefs, culture, and traditions differ between race and it might be more difficult to make it work. This is why I also believe that choosing to date a certain race is NOT racist. People have plenty of different deal breakers such as smoking (my big one). Just because I choose not to be with someone intimately/romantically that smokes doesn't mean I can't be friends with that person or that I hate people that smoke. It's the same exact thing with race.

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
    Years
  • It doesn't matter as much to me, but I think it matters more to my parents. They really would want me to date/marry a Nepalese girl more than anything.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • Yeah sure why not. I've been on a date with a hispanic guy before, but it was only a couple dates because I found I actually wasn't physically attracted to him. He was my first date but since then I realized I am more sexually/physically attracted to paler guys. But yeah, a date is a date. If I were single again I'd be willing to give anyone a shot if I feel there's some intrigue there.

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
    Years
  • I definitely would! Why does race matter? Sometimes for some religions it does but I don't fall under that category.

My boyfriend is hispanic and I'm white and I'm perfectly fine with it. In fact, I kinda like having someone who is of a different race. It brings differences which keeps our ideas and opinions different. Like his family came from Puerto Rico and mine came from Scotland so our accents, type of food we eat, etc are different and I think that's enjoyable. They're not different enough to cause issues though, thankfully.

But anyway, to answer the question, definitely yes I would date someone of a different race. In fact, I am!

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2022
    Admit it, everyone wants some elf in their diet!

Tall and handsome <3

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • You know, I'm definitely not a racist, but I just can't see myself dating a girl from another race. Could that all change? Yes, but as of right now, I just can't see it. :/

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2022
    Of course. If I like them and she likes me, it doesn't matter what race she was born to.

Years
  • So far I have dated women that were of a different Nationality of mine, Myself I'm Of Scottish, Filipino and Chinese heritage.

My last Girlfriend was Colombian and I have also dated in the past when I first moved Florida a woman from Puetro Rico and a Woman from Brazil. I will admit to do have a attraction to Brazilian women due to their culture and values that the majority of them have.

However I'm not closed minded if I met a girl of any other race that had similar interest to myself.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2018
    I don't discriminate on race on purpose, but I've found that I'm attracted to Aryan and Asian people much more often than others. I don't know why, that's just the taste of my body/mind I guess? For the reference, I'm Aryan. If someone really nice and cute of another race than those asked me out, I certainly wouldn't refuse based on that though!

krabbypatz93

August Burns Red FTW
    Years
    • AZ
    • Seen Mar 19, 2014
    If she's hot enough then yeah ill date any race, but my personal preference is hispanic and white girls. I'm both so it's what I'm naturally attracted to.

Years
  • Most definitely. I'd say about 80% of my dates have coincidentally been outside my race. The different cultural knowledge that happens in cross-cultural relationships is awesome. It's just so interesting to talk about the subtle differences in past experiences.

Back