• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Would you die for your flag?

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
  • A flag is a piece of cloth. If anything, I'd die for the ideals that some of them try to represent, but not for a particular country, not even mine. [/european federalist here]

Of course we all have our moments of flag-waving in particular celebrations but I take it as a guilty pleasure, to be honest. I think that, the less flags and things we have to separate and fight against each other to see "who's better", the best for all humanity.

Last edited:

diab_low

All men live, only few exist.
    Years
  • UHH Die for a flag not even in my dreams I respect all flags of all countries and will never vandalise them but die for one is like ...... yeah nuthin :\ Nationalism I do not believe in I am no patriot just a citizen wanting to live a life of peace.

Mentalii

Back
    Years
  • I'm not a patriotic people. I can't stand patriotism. That's a good thing to like your own country, and to defend it but some people can go too far. It's stupid.
    So, no, I wouldn't die for my flag. I see no reason in sacrificing myself for any country I could have been born in.

Years
  • It would depend on the circumstance for me. If it was something like world war two and there was a risk that the country could be taken over and have another cultures beliefs pushed upon us then yes I would probably like to help out and do something about it because I like living here and I like the way things are run now. But if it was just something as stupid as a flag burning or disrespecting a part of the countries values and such I would be angry about it but I wouldn't do anything stupid because of it.

Lara

<3
    Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2012
    I don't HATE my country, but I'm not in love with it either. So, no. I would definitely not die for my flag.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • If you literally mean the flag, no. I don't appreciate people defacing them but it's a piece of fabric and nothing more, in the end.

If you mean for my country, possibly. I'd have to really, really believe that my country was doing the right thing in order to defend it so unconditionally. This is such a hypothetical situation because there's no way I'd ever be in a situation like this (if I wanted to join the army or something one day, I'd almost definitely be denied for health reasons so I'd only be a clerk or something lol), so it's kind of hard for me to conceive of it. I like to think I'd help out and volunteer myself if things were drastic enough that Canada needed to enter a war (or whatever) representing itself instead of just giving aid to another nation's war or doing peacekeeping, like WWIII or something but that's seriously weird to wrap my head around. In short, my gut answer to this question is "yes" but I can't think of a situation I'd ever be in where the yes would be qualified haha.

Twilight Sky

» s t r a w b e r r y fields ♪
    Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2013
    Not really. Like most others said, a flag is just a piece of cloth, and in the end, I'm not really that patriotic towards my country anyway, sad to say.

Years
    • IL
    • Seen Jan 12, 2013
    I would die for the protection and sovereignty of my country, but I will not die for the politicians running this country.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    I would not die for my flag not that I'm not proud to be from my country, but I'm not dieing
    for the UK.

I couldn't have put it into better words myself. I absolutely hate the UK in general, but I don't hate my country that much. I wouldn't die for my country, but there is no way in hell that I'm gonna die for the UK.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • As much as I like living in this country (easy access to the stuff I want) the bigwigs at the top have screwed up my country so royally that it's impossible for me in good faith to make that sort of sacrifice.

I'm adopted from another country anyway :P

Seivad

The Equalist
    Years
  • I would only die for myself and the people i believe are worth dieing for.
    I hope everyone else can say the same.

Back