• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Would you get the G/S remake?

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I'd Import the Silver Version as soon as pre-orders become available in Japan u.u

And, unlike Platinum, I'd probably would get the English version, too.

Years
    It's probably accurate to say that almost everybody will/would get it- it's soooooo nostalgic for us players of the original GSC series, and a chance for people who got into Pokemon later to experience it for themselves. Not to mention a chance for them to find out what all the fuss is about in the first place.
    EDIT: God i hope Nintendo don't screw it up though. By taking out the other Legendary, i mean. It's perfect being able to catch both Ho-oh and Lugia in Gold, but since Gen 3 you can only catch your version's mascot. They'll probably make a proper Ho-Oh/Lugia event- lol, it was completely optional for you to battle them, or just go and finish the game!

Last edited:

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
    Hmm to be honest im not sure...
    Why don't they skip G/S and, just make a remake of Crystal?
    Because with Crystal, they'd only be releasing one version of the game. Whereas with G/S, they'd be releasing two versions of the same game, therefore, more cash to milk from fans.

Years
    • Seen today
    I'll import the Silver remake, and buy the english version of Gold. Why? Just because I feel like it.

Ru-Kun

bleh...
    Years
    I'll import the Silver remake, and buy the english version of Gold. Why? Just because I feel like it.

That's what I was thinking about doing, accept I might get the import of Silver, and I don't know if I want to get english Gold or Silver.

Miss Soupy

o v e r d o s e
    Years
    Yeah, I'd totally buy it.
    It'd be the nostalgia of the year. Or three years. eue
    BUT.
    I'd better see Kanto again in this region. That was my favorite part - going to both of the regions.
    If not, I'll gladly stick to my GBC version, thank you. Unless they implant some cooler feature that's not the Battle Tower or Frontier. ene

Bellomence

Dragon Rider
    Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2011
    I will buy one if they release a G/S remake. Johto is my favorite Pokémon region, and Silver Version is my very first Pokémon game. I would like to play it again, this time in DS.

Years
    Definately!! I've played through Gold, Crystal, ShinyGold and LiquidCrystal, but for some reason,
    i just can't get enough of Johto! And the Johto Pokémon are my favourites to :)

Years
    I will definitely be buying this game if they release it. I've always loved the second generation - I didn't think anything could possibly beat the awesomeness of the first generation, until I really got into G/S/C. Since I don't understand a single word of Japanese, I'm willing to wait for the English releases. The moment they announce this game's coming to North America, I'm pre-ordering it.

I've always liked the Gold version more than the Silver version, so if these games are released, I'll probably be going with Gold (or whatever they decide to name it, providing they even make this game).

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    Of course!!

I'll try to import gold, and get silver when it comes to america 8O, since i couldn't possibly wait x3
    But most likely not, I'm definately preordering or whatever as soon as i can

>:3
    GS is my favorite gen, Silver was my first game, and my favorite <3

The Apprentice™

PC's Offical Gangsta
    Years
    It has been finally announced it will be a remake that's awesome =D I'm getting SoulSilver. My bro will get HeartGold I can't wait till there release

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Now that it has been announced I'm getting SoulSilver, while my sister gets HeartGold..xD

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    I'll probebly get SoulSilver.
    And i will try to Force my Brother to get HeartGold xD

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Yes. Oh yes. This will be the sole reason for me and my sis to finally buy a DS.

It'll be hard choosing what version though. HeartGold has me hooked already, because of the cute hart by the title XD -shot-

I love Johto. When it came, I thought it was stupid bringing more pokémon in the game, and the region was a copy of Kanto. I didn't even own a Metalgen game of my own, only borrowed Gold from friends a couple of times. But now I love it. Johto beats any other region, even Hoenn (even though I LOVE my Ruby game) and the pokémon are... simply ubercool. Best looks of all the generations.

So many things were new with those games. I'd love to go back.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    They are my favourite Pokémon games after all, so I'll get them right away.

And maybe I'll get back into the pokémon world.

Back