• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Would you have prefered...?

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    It's pretty much confirmed that there will not be a third version, as the fifth generation is right around the corner.
    That, and the fact that FR/LG didn't have a ThunderYellow to go along with them.

I wouldn't have minded a Crystal remake instead of HG/SS, since I've never played the original Crystal. But since HG/SS have the main features of Crystal (Suicune and Eusine side-plot, the Battle Tower, boy/girl options) then there's no real point to it that I can see. Sure, the locations of the Pokemon would be different, and then there's the fact of the Odd Egg, but those are just smaller features of the game than the bigger ones that were included.

I could choose either Gold or Krys
    They still could have changed the female character for the remake if they wanted to.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Well, if it would have everything HG/SS had and more, then that's why I'd pick Crystal. XD

But what is the subplot? What is it about?
    In short, the Suicune subplot really introduces a second pseudo-rival, Eusine who is out to capture Suicune in the game. He adds a side story to your adventure from the original Gold and Silver in which involved a new escape with Suicune and you following it around Johto. Now, it was brought back to the GS remakes along with other features from Crystal. If I recall correctly, I believe the Suicune subplot also extends within Kanto, which was not done before in the original Crystal version.

A Crystal remake alone would have been a nice change. One game, and about forty dollars extra to save. XD; Either way, it was just about getting a remake of the second generation up to speed with the newer generations. Including a majority of the Crystal features (i.e. Extreme Speed Dratini, Radio Tower, Battle Tower+, Male and Female selection) other than the Odd Egg, I'm pretty much content with what's been brought out in HG/SS. Plus, it just gave me twice the fun like usual.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
  • As mentioned, many of the things in Crystal has been put in HGSS... So I'd almost say it is a Crystal remake aswell.

I don't think the little details mentioned (like the Poliwags and stuff) are that important to me tho, and there are already SO MUCH epicness in this game, so I couldn't possible ask for more of them. I'm happy the way it is XP

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Hmm....Odd Egg woulda been nice, but,tbh Shiny Tyrogue is the only one of those that looks any good anyway, and all it's evos (particularly Hitmontop, which is the best) look naff in shiny version.

Extremespeed Dratini is cool, as is Suicune.

But, Lugia's SoulSilver logo looks awesome, even if i don't like the pokemon itself.

Back