• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Would you like to see Ash have a Ghost/Psychic Pokemon on his team?

Years
  • I am talking as a permanent member, not one he has for just an episode or two but one he always has.

I imagine the reason they haven't done it is because he'd be considered to overpowered.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Now that Ash is in Unova, I could see him getting a Golett at some point, even though he already has 7 Pokemon with him.

Years
  • I frankly don't, if only that has become the Rocket trio's secondary niche, post-Johto. Honestly, who knew at the time that Jessie would get Wobbuffet or James with Chimecho or Mime Jr.? And their Unova captures are continuing the tradition. (Slight spoiler on Jimmy, but you can figure it out, yourselves.)

Just as it would have been odd to see him with Poison types (as that is a Team Rocket staple), one can start to conclude the same with the Psychic types, as per the pattern. That doesn't mean he shouldn't have them, though. I just don't know who would fit him best. I'll have to mull that over.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • Not really seeing this happening in Unova to be honest. On the Ghost side Trip already has two of the four families and James has the other one, leaving only Golett. I was hoping he would get it, but I really don't get the feeling that it will happen. On the Psychic side, I am not seeing anything I would say would be good for Ash or that would fit him. So if anything it would be Golett. The reason it probably also won't get done, and that the Ghost won't be permanent is because Ash has Pikachu(obviously never going to transfer to the Lab) and a team of three starters which will likely stay with him through out Unova. So they will be stuck rotating 2 slots with at least 3 pokes Tranquil, Scraggy, and Swadloon as it already stands.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I don't think I have anything to add onto this discussion. I'm going to have to agree with Kenshin5, none of the Psychic types in Gen 5 seem to fit Ash in all honesty. But I can see Ash with a Golett.

On the other hand, if Ash were to capture a Pokémon to promote the so called, R/S(/E?) remakes, I can actually see Ash and Iris somehow obtaining a Ralts each (Male for Ash, Female for Iris) and seeing them both evolve into a Gallade and Gardevoir (It does seem a little far-fetched but I would love the idea, and they did kinda do the same sort of thing with Jessie and May, each getting a Wurmple and evolving them into Dustox and Beautifly.)

GlalieX

Ruler of Illusion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2012
    Would be cool if he got one, IMO, just like I think it's cool that he finally has a dark type. Golett would be pretty cool.

Back