• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Would you like to see Ruby and Sapphire be remade in Generation 5?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Red and Blue were remade in Gen 3
    Gold and Silver were remade in Gen 4
    Are Ruby and Sapphire remakes in store for Gen 5?

What would they be called? I'm thinking BloodRuby and SpiritSapphire.

It would really cool to see the run-ins with Groundon and Kyogre in some super cool Gen 5 graphics we can only imagine what they would look like as of yet.

solaris knight

Phantom ESP'er
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2013
    I wouldn't care either way, since the Ruby and Saphire themselves aren't all that old. As long as the internal battery in my Emerald still works, I can get enjoyment out of the Hoenn region. And since the battery in my Gold and Crystal have yet to die, and they're both several years older, I guess I'm going to have many years with Emerald.

But if GameFreak continue with this trend, there will probably be a R/S remake sometime in the next five years.

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2012
    It depends on if we can trade our DPPt/HGSS Pokemon to Generation 5.

If we can, I don't care either way if we get a remake. I could still trade my original RSE Pokemon to DPPt, and then transfer them to Gen 5; therefore, I would still have my Hoenn Pokemon and not need a remake. As long as my internal batteries don'e die (do RSE carts have internal batteries? I think so...), I would be perfectly fine without a remake.

The problem with remaking 3rd Gen in Gen 5 is what remake would they have in Gen 6? They would most likely remake RBY again before they remake DP. That's assuming we get to a Generation 6... I'm sort of hoping it ends at 5, and then they create new games in different regions, but with different combinations of Pokemon Gen 1-5.

Xarses

Whippersnapper
    Years
    It's a nice thought for all those kids that fell in love with Pokemon through those games, but I personally didn't really like either of those. But, if nintendo wants an extra buck, I'm sure they'll do it. Would be nice to see updated graphics for those games; the underwater should look a lot sweeter as well.

Overall, I think, sure why not? It's another Pokemon game that I get to explore.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    It depends on if we can trade our DPPt/HGSS Pokemon to Generation 5.

If we can, I don't care either way if we get a remake. I could still trade my original RSE Pokemon to DPPt, and then transfer them to Gen 5; therefore, I would still have my Hoenn Pokemon and not need a remake. As long as my internal batteries don'e die (do RSE carts have internal batteries? I think so...), I would be perfectly fine without a remake.

The problem with remaking 3rd Gen in Gen 5 is what remake would they have in Gen 6? They would most likely remake RBY again before they remake DP. That's assuming we get to a Generation 6... I'm sort of hoping it ends at 5, and then they create new games in different regions, but with different combinations of Pokemon Gen 1-5.

Gen 6 will probably have Diamond and Pearl remakes

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    I think I've had enough of Ruby and Sapphire. I don't think they'll ever be remade because I believe the reason the first two generations of the game were remade were due to incompatibility. Ruby and Sapphire can still connect to the newer games via Pal Park.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    I think I've had enough of Ruby and Sapphire. I don't think they'll ever be remade because I believe the reason the first two generations of the game were remade were due to incompatibility. Ruby and Sapphire can still connect to the newer games via Pal Park.

You have a point but 5th Gen may bring up whole new compatibility issues

Leyt

Absolution
    Years
    I possibly have better memories on Ruby and Sapphire than I do with the older games, actually, so I might like that. I've spent 117+ hours on my current Emerald save, and that doesn't count the numerous restarts I did with my cousin years ago. I'd probably buy the remakes.

Ayselipera

Yeah I wouldn't mind them remaking it. A new game is a new game!

Ben.

Orange I s l a n d s~
    Years
    i dont mind really i like r/s but theres on thing about all remakes why dont they do the 3 game eg yellow crystal

Johnny590

It's cute how you think I care
    Years
    Yeah I wouldn't mind them remaking it. A new game is a new game!

What she said.

I wouldn't mind, but seriously? 5th Generation when 4th Gen was introduced only 2 years ago?

H to the N.

I say remakes for Ruby & Sapphire in 4th gen, not 5th gen.

P.S: This should be a poll.

Years
    Very unlikely, I believe, since it is a game that the somewhat-recent DS systems still can play (DS Phat and DS Lite), but still, not completely impossible.

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2009
    I support this hack :D I would love to be one of the first to play it but i wish i could help like with the scripting etc etc..But yet i am no good at anything to do with it....:|

Cant wait for it :D

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    So every generation is supposedly going to have a remake?

It depends on how long Pokemon is popular really, as a 5th Gen would probably be a few years away.
    If R/S aren't remade I'd expect Diamond and Pearl to be remade due to their popularity.

Years
    okay so there was original Kanto - R/B/Y (GB)
    then there was "new" Kanto - FR/LG (GBA)
    and possibly remaking for DS?

original Johto - G/S/C (GBC)
    "new" Johto - HG/SS (DS)

original Hoenn - R/S/E (GBA)
    new Hoenn? - DS

original Sinnoh - D/P/P (DS)
    NEW SINNOH? - ?

I mean, I can understand the remaking Kanto and Johto because those first came out on GB/GBC, which is obviously not around anymore. I guess a new Hoenn and newerKanto would be okay in the future when GBA dies out more. But a new Sinnoh? I hope we don't see that anytime soon. I'm just about Sinnoh-ed out for now, playing both Diamond and Platinum, and I'm not ready for a remake of that unless it has a totally new storyline.

We don't need a remake of each region everytime a new handheld comes out...

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    I never was into the Hoenn region that much, but I idc if they do make another sequel for gen. 5, although they should make the 4 orange islands video game. Now that would be cool too. ;D

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    I support this hack :D I would love to be one of the first to play it but i wish i could help like with the scripting etc etc..But yet i am no good at anything to do with it....:|

Cant wait for it :D

If you actually bothered to read this thread properly you would realise we're discussing how potential an official Ruby and Sapphire remake would be.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back