• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Would you rather be...

Years
  • If there was no choice whatsoever to stop it, would you become Blind, Deaf, Mute, or Dumb?

This answer is easy. Mute. Because I barely talk, it's a not a handicap at all. In fact, this might even be a bonus for me!

You?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Oh, that's a tough one. I like all 4 of those things, but if I had a choice, I'd be mute because I don't talk unless it's necessary.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • Mute, since I would still be able to hear people, see people and understand concepts that help em learns so I can still be successful. Plus even if I couldn't speak, I could write things down on paper.

institutions

ain't that a kick in the head?
    Years
  • Well, dumb is an awful choice. Nobody in their right mind would choose dumb.
    Can't do blind because I love playing videogames, doing pc stuff, watching tv, etc.
    Deaf I can't do because my biggest hobby is playing guitar and making music.

So, mute :P
    I don't talk much anyway.
    Plus, it would kind of be kickass to be mute.
    You'd be like Rob Lowe's character in The Stand TV miniseries.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I'd rather be mute. By a long run. I have to high of a mathematical talent to be dumb. I enjoy music with my heart too much to be deaf. I want to see my knowledge and read and understand with my eyes too much to be blind.

If I'm mute, I can still communicate by writing and expression. Only 10% of all real human communication is even speaking.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • I'd be mute, then I'd have a genuine excuse not to answer people, not to mention I won't have to do anymore school speeches. Besides I'd think it'd be cool to write on a giant notepad. It's not really that much of a problem since I didn't start of as a mute, I can still make mouth movements to help with my communication.

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
  • Only 10% of all real human communication is even speaking.

Okay math wiz, we didn't need a lesson on it..... :P

I thought dumb and mute were the same thing? Oh well, I would definitely choose mute over deaf and blind, as I like those two senses because I like being aware of my surroundings. And I'm fairly good at miming out my feelings and thoughts, so it wouldn't be that big of a deal.

Years
  • It's tough. I certainly wouldn't pick being dumb, I enjoy having my current level of intelligence. I wouldn't pick deaf, because then I couldn't hear music. Out of mute and blindness, I think I'd have to pick mute. Even though I enjoy singing in bands and all that I think that overall, being able to see would be more useful than being able to speak.

butterbiscuit

Potential!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2013
    Check that.

They now make special things that hook into your eyes so the blind can see.

So blind. :b

Last edited:

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • Out of all it would be mute. There are many ways of communication with out using verbal forms. The are more alternatives to being mute and how to cope then there are if I were to lack the other senses.

Years
  • Mute. Given our advances in the field of voiceless communication, it's practically painless for a mute person to live their daily life. Being on the internet also plays a role as it is the haven to several outcasts who don't broadcast their opinions otherwise.

femtrooper

Starfleet Commander
    Years
  • XDDDDDDDDDDDD

This is so hard and awful! I would never ever ever want to be deaf or blind, but I talk allllllllllllllllllllllll the time!

I shall choose mute because being deaf would be Hell and being blind would be more Hell.

Zebeedoo

Always remember to smile. ~
    Years
  • I wouldn't pick blind, because I love being able to see people's faces, among other things. I wouldn't pick deaf, because I love listening to music. I wouldn't pick dumb because... yeah. Wouldn't want that. And I wouldn't really pick mute either.. but then again, I don't talk much unless asked, really. So since I have to pick one, I'll pick mute. Like Zeffy mentioned, I could just write down what I wanted to say.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Dumb and mute are the same thing... unless by dumb you mean having some sort of mental handicap; if so, please be more specific on it.

I'd be mute; it's always been one of my 'fantasies' if you will, since I never liked the expectation to talk.

Back