• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Would you recommend this tablet?

Should I get this tablet?

• Yes, definately

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't know/I don't have a clue what you're talking about/etc.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

catroZ

Working...Don't bother me...
Years
  • Hello people of PokeCommunity, long time no see :D .
    Anyway, I want to get myself a tablet, and I found this one:is it any good?I'll mostly be using it for playing DS games and watching movies.
    Here are the specifications of the tablet:

Spoiler:

<the poll is ending 69 days after December 23rd lol :P>

Years
  • In that case, I probably wouldn't get that particular tablet if you don't know the make and model of it.. before buying a large product I always recommend reading reviews from several sites just to make sure it's not a defective product to use, and not knowing the model and manufacturer sets off a red light for me. What is your price range to further help out?

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    I definitely would not get this tablet. It's just a cheap tablet out of whoknowswhere that'll fail on you so fast that we wouldn't even have time to tell you I told you so. The battery life will be terrible along with the outdated OS and no manufacturer support.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    *wonders why would anyone want to play DS games on a tablet when a DSi XL is as cheap as they are*

I hope that you're not getting that tablet, anyway. Too many red flags with regard to the specifications - unbranded tablet with no-name components and too little flash storage? Nope.

The newest version of the Nexus 7 tablet is probably your best bet if you want a cheap, good tablet. If that's not what you're into, I'd suggest paying a bit more and getting [insert cheap Windows tablet that isn't something from Acer] and a DSi XL. Good candidates would be either the first-generation Surface (if you're looking for something really cheap), Surface 2, or a wide variety of "budget" 8" Windows 8.1 tablets with an Intel Atom inside.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I'm also here to say that you should definitely look at the Nexus 7 tablet, especially the 2013 model if you can. It's probably the best tablet out there for its price and specs for sure, and even though it's manufactured by Asus, the updates come directly from Google.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    I'm also here to say that you should definitely look at the Nexus 7 tablet, especially the 2013 model if you can. It's probably the best tablet out there for its price and specs for sure, and even though it's manufactured by Asus, the updates come directly from Google.

Actually, I think one only needs to care about the 2013 model at this point of time :)

Being a Nexus does have its benefits when it comes to getting the latest updates, by the way, but so do all Windows tablets.

Feel free to spend some time considering what works better for you in the long run: a 2013 Nexus 7 or a cheap non-Acer Windows tablet and a separate Nintendo DSi XL.

catroZ

Years
  • What is your price range to further help out?

0-50 Euros is the price range.

Franco.B said:
    I second the Nexus 7 tablet!
    [rant]
    That's what annoys the hell outta me.I asked should I get this tablet, I expect a yes/no answer but he tells me to get a Nexus 7(which is by far too expensive for me at any point).
    [/rant]
    Also, don't ask me why I don't want to get a DSi XL->for legal reasons.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2016
    0-50 Euros is the price range.

[rant]
    That's what annoys the hell outta me.I asked should I get this tablet, I expect a yes/no answer but he tells me to get a Nexus 7(which is by far too expensive for me at any point).
    [/rant]
    Also, don't ask me why I don't want to get a DSi XL->for legal reasons.

I don't know why you're so annoyed. People are offering their suggestions for a product that would do what you need it to do. It may be out of your price range, but at the least you could be more grateful to the people who are only trying to help. If I were you, and I wanted to get a decent tablet, I would just wait a bit longer until I could afford the one I wanted.

People have no patience these days. Everything has to be NOW! I just don't get it. The saying "good things come to those who wait" applies here. Be patient, save up your money, and then get a good tablet that you'll be satisfied, rather than a cheap tablet that could potentially cause you no end of grief.

As for the DSi XL... they're still selling those?

catroZ

Years
  • I don't know why you're so annoyed. People are offering their suggestions for a product that would do what you need it to do. It may be out of your price range, but at the least you could be more grateful to the people who are only trying to help. If I were you, and I wanted to get a decent tablet, I would just wait a bit longer until I could afford the one I wanted.

People have no patience these days. Everything has to be NOW! I just don't get it. The saying "good things come to those who wait" applies here. Be patient, save up your money, and then get a good tablet that you'll be satisfied, rather than a cheap tablet that could potentially cause you no end of grief.

As for the DSi XL... they're still selling those?

They're selling them second-hand now.
    So no?I shouldn't get this tablet?
    Fine.That makes this thread pointless, can a staff member close it ?

Years
  • catroZ, you really do not need to be rude like that. We helped you in showing that the tablet you were looking at might not be the best one for you to get. And since we didn't know your price range at first, we couldn't help you decide. Instead of just coming in here and telling members off that all you needed was a yes or no answer, you could have just specified that in your beginning post.

And for the record, with a price range like that, you can't find a really good tablet. And at your request, I'll close this thread. But try not to be rude next time to other members, because I will infract accordingly if I have to in the future.

Locked.

Would you recommend this tablet?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back