• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Would You Travel With Ash?

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
  • If you just received a letter from Ash asking you to join him on his journey to become a Pokémon Master, what would be your reaction and decision? If you accept his offer: Why would you travel with him? Which cast of characters would you journey with? What would be your role? How would you improve Ash as a Trainer? If you don't accept the offer: Why not? Is there a different character that you would prefer to travel with? What traits of Ash deter you from joining him?

Feel free to discuss and theorize about traveling with Ash and what your journey would be like, or why you wouldn't travel with Ash, in any form that you want ~

GoldenHouou

Abstract Nonsense
    Years
  • No, wouldn't want to travel with him. Dude's 10, that journey would bore me to death.

I'd travel with Eusine instead; he can go after Suicune and I can go after Ho-Oh. Seeing how Suicune's searching for the bird anyway, that should work out well. Yay for power-hungry legendary hunters.

That, or I'd go with Cynthia because of, you know, two big reasons.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Sure, I'd accept the offer. I want to travel and train and learn and that. Ash is a cool kid to hang out with. He's also reckless and sometimes a bit dim and I'm cautious and overthink things. It's probably be good for both of us if some of those traits rubbed off on each other. And I'm kinda motherly and would take care of him and that but still have fun and enjoy his company. I'd like another girl along because I'm not sure I could handle two similarly-aged boys. Because of course Ash would be the id, I'd be superego, and the third would be ego and I'm better with girl egos than boy egos. But if we're not going with a trio, I'd like a quartet with a girl Ash's age and a guy closer to my age. All nice and neat and balanced.

Years
  • I'd probably say yes for reasons Aquacorde mentioned but can't see myself sticking with him for too long. I'd want to branch off and go on my own way without having to conform to Ash's needs and schedules even if being around him would probably be very.. eventful most of the time. And I'm afraid I might really kill Team Rocket out of frustration since they keep following us around. -coughs-

But if we're talking traveling with Ash in the current series alongside Clemont, Serena, and Bonnie then yes, count me in without a doubt. :DDD

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • No, Never, I could never join Ash's team, it's his #1 companion that I dislike the most (I could not travel with someone who uses my least favorite of all Pokemon - I even hate typing its name down) - no amount of convincing will make me go with him unless that yellow rat leaves his team.

I would rather travel with different companions.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    If I'm off to start a journey of my own, then I honestly wouldn't mind; Ash is a very friendly guy, treats everybody well, and from the looks of things, he's pretty trustworthy and reliable; he'd make a great travelling partner and friend. n_n;; Which cast would I go with? Hm… probably May, Brock, and Max, since they're my favorite; together, they could give you some great time. Second option would probably be Brock and Misty. I wouldn't do much to improve Ash as trainer; he's good, and already knows how to do things pretty well. Might try to give him some competitive tips every now and then, however, since I'm sort of familiar with them. These are in-game things, so not really sure how they would apply in the anime.

jfuze174

Elite Trainer Joey
    Years
  • If i was a new trainer i wouldnt mind Ash is a very good trainer and meets every single pokemon legendary rare etc. My Team Would be filled with hard working rare pokemon. even though half way in the season ill develop a rivary and aim to crush ash dreams to win a league by obtaining badges myself lmfaoo

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
  • I would be a sometimes travel with, other times not travel with companion for Ash. The times when I would not travel with Ash would be when I have my own business to deal with privately. My team would be fully evolved so I would show up late in the journey. Course I would probably not help deal with Team Rocket at times since helping would be experience stealing. As for which characters I would be with would probably with Cilan and Iris.

Demon Wolf

American Wolf
    Years
  • I would so I can study his battling techniques n strategy n use it against him then ash will loze n im the new master mwahahahahahaha ^^

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • I think I'd travel with him just to show him how big of a clod he is in not noticing Team Rocket wherever he goes. That, and of course, to help Misty get compensation for Ash destroying his back (come on Ash, be responsible for your actions for once.)

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
  • Traveling with Ash and friends would be fun because I'd always get wrapped up in adventures. We would also learn a lot from each other and Ash would always be willing to battle with me for training. However, I'd have to be distracted by his antics and learn at his pace rather than my own.

I would definitely travel with him, though. At least for a season, anyways. It would be boring to travel by myself. The XY cast would probably be the most enjoyable group to travel with. They have the larger group like AG but the characters from XY are all different from each other and they all have a lot of personality. Also there is Dedenne :3

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    Yeah, I guess I'd tag along. He can focus on his Gym battles, and I'd be some sort of Pokemon watcher, like Tracey. He tends to attract some pretty interesting people around him, and get into all sorts of situation, so it'd be a lot of fun.

As for other companions, I'd really like to have Brock with us, but maybe an aged up version of him? You know, a nice and caring guy, but with fewer "she can violate my rights anytime" outbursts. 'Cause otherwise it'd be pretty weird considering I'd be older than him.

I guess it'd be really peaceful with just the three of us, since we'd probably get along really well, so maybe there could also be a girl around Ash's age. Those two can bicker over... whatever it is that tickles kids these days, I think it'd be pretty fun to watch. And at the end of the day, we can all have a nice dinner cooked by the old Brocko. Yeah, not bad.

Back