• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Would you use a device to delete your memories?

Calamity

Just for the love of the game.
Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2020
    'What doesnt kill you can only make you stronger' And since I'm not dead yet (hopefully), it makes sense that all of my bad memories are just inspiration too overcome such things in the future, so in short. No. :)

Archipelago

Who knows?
    Years
  • Memories are memories, and while you may forget them sooner or later, that doesn't mean that other people can't remember them. And besides, I don't truly have anything that I need to forget, even if I have had my share of bad experiences. So no, I wouldn't use this device due to it have a down-side.

If someone made a machine that makes you actually do things right instead of having a bad memory, then I'd use that...

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I would never delete any memories. Despite the bad things that may have stemmed from them, I could be drastically altered from who I am right now, and I wouldn't want that. I may be going through a difficult time now, but hey, the good times that ended before I got into this slump, I wouldn't dare forget, nor would I trade them for anything.

My family tends to live a long time...I'm sure just one day from my life span wouldn't be chipping away too much.

Equal Eyes

Happy Up Here
    Years
  • I can funtion just fine with all the momeories I have right now. Why would I lose a day of my life? I mean that one day could have created the best memory I've ever had.

Ctrl.Alt.Geak

Swords Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    So long as I can choose which memories I want deleted I would gladly use that device (guess I'm a coward)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I wouldn't delete any of my memories. I think that even the bad ones contribute into forming the person I am today. Some of them even made me a stronger or a better person. So, no, I'd like to keep my memories, even if some of them hurt a little.

Civet

Civet the Cat
    Years
  • I wouldn't. I believe everything happens for a reason and it's up to you to decide whether you're going to use it to your advantage, or not. For example, losing girlfriends. Each girlfriend you lose, you gain more experience towards your next relationship, whilst becoming a stronger and wiser person. I guess that would be sort of like, cheating your life. Although that's just my opinion.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • No, I wouldn't delete any of my memories. Good or bad, they are a part of who I am. I wouldn't be who I am today without them.

I wouldn't. I believe everything happens for a reason and it's up to you to decide whether you're going to use it to your advantage, or not. For example, losing girlfriends. Each girlfriend you lose, you gain more experience towards your next relationship, whilst becoming a stronger and wiser person. I guess that would be sort of like, cheating your life. Although that's just my opinion.

I agree with you completely

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • I'd delete one memory that made me incredibly embarrassed, specially since a similar event happened a couple of times later so it's not like I need that precise memory to learn about it XD

But again, our brain is already pretty good at forgetting stuff we don't want to remember. Why would we need a machine?

Shiro

Dad! Or should I say... Big cheese of Hoshido?
    Years
  • Sure, why not? There's a few memories I'd have no problem deleting, and one day of my lifespan isn't too much for a select few memories.

But honestly, if I had the memory of deleting the memories, I'd probably be dying to know what memories I had decided to delete prior.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2020
    No.
    Memories are what form who we turn out to be.
    Why would you want to take away what you are? You should be happy with it. If not, then you're fairly unstable.
    I wouldn't want my memories gone, no matter how bad. I'd like to know the best that's been, and the worst i've lived through. So I can look at someone else and say, "yeah. I get that." or "my god... how?" Ya know?
    Memories make us. I'd never let go~ ;)

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    There are a ton of memories I would most certainly have no reservations about throwing out. It's true that some experiences and memories of them do help mold you into the person that you are, but not every single one of them contributes to your life in a positive way. I've got more than handful of things I would rather be able to forget than think about often enough for them to drag me down.

Back