• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Would you watch a Pokemon Special anime?

Pokemon Special anime? Y/N?

• Yes

Votes: 131 97.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 3.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oh The Places You'll Go.

Whatever will be, will be.
    Years
    I want an OVA or an film. Lets say the manga is straight forward. Looks like 20 episodes can finish one saga. Rather have a film D: .

But you took mah idea xD, I rather read if they have lame voices. I'll be "this anime is a disgrace to Pokemon Special".

Exactly. Fans want everything, and when they're given what they want, they become disappointed. It's a no brainer. Haha.
    A film would be nice. But I think there is too much that goes on for one specific plot to happen. I rather have a few episodes to sum it up.

Rinnosuke

-Nejibana
    Years
    I'd watch it because Yuko would make me because I actually really like the series and I'd enjoy it as long as 4kids doesn't get the contract and make there voices sound crappy honestly.

pong08

Black & White... don't fail me
    Years
    you know, if we were going to make a fan-based pokespe anime, then I think it's a GOOD IDEA to find out who's making the anime-esque pictures of the pokespe.

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2009
    you know, if we were going to make a fan-based pokespe anime, then I think it's a GOOD IDEA to find out who's making the anime-esque pictures of the pokespe.

The Japanese Pokespe fan community?

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    But getting a voice actress for Yellow would be hard. The openings I see in Youtube aren't drawn in manga fashion. Yes, I am picky.

シルバー

Γ Чεr ςcreαm is βut a drəαм х
    Years
    I would watch GSC, FR/LG, and possibly Emerald.

Just no 4Kids unless they were the team for that hired the cast for Pokemon before the voice changes and didn't kill the maturity. They did a decent decison at first.
    Beheading is awesome < 3

Years
    It would be amazing, but unfortunately wont happen because the younger age group is bigger, so they don't care about us.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    When I first saw this thread, I thought no, but now that I think about it, I think I would. Sure, reading the manga will always be better in my opinion, but if there was an anime, I'd watch it just because it's PokeSpe.

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2011
    Of course I'd watch it.

Heck, any spin-off of Pokémon Special is bound to be great because Pokéspé is just awesome like that. I'd want them to keep as close to the manga as possible (though I wouldn't mind more screen time for Green or Blue hohoho).

But... let's face it: it's never gonna happen. There's already a Pokémon anime, and a very popular one at that, so they won't tolerate a new one. Not only because people would start confusing and blending the characters from the two shows, but also they won't tolerate any rivals.
    It's the sad truth. Only something fan-made could happen, but that would never be as professional as an actual show, of course.

But it would have been great! Much more love than for the current anime show (although I like that one as well, I'll admit - only much less than Pokéspe ;D)

シルバー

Γ Чεr ςcreαm is βut a drəαм х
    Years
    I would say now that It would be good as OVAs. Maybe a couple of episodes to bring Chronicles back? Though they'd probably call Gold as Jimmy and Crystal as Marina -twitchtwitch-
    If they used them in Chronicles like style then I don't believe it would mess the show up. Japan did open that one clothing store for Adults(older fans) for awhile so it shows they somewhat understand. Maybe if we could speak with them then maybe something would be done. Apparently Pokemon US doesn't give a dung. For when you ask them anything of the sort there is no reply which you can tell that they probably don't care to bring it to the Japanese attention.

Maybe that was me just on rantingkinda mode xD;

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2010
    I would absolutely watch a Pokemon Special manga, but only if they kept to the manga, I would want any fillers so, yeah an OVA like people have been saying.

SilverStilletto

~Bubble~Bubble~
    Years
    i would definitely watch a pokespe anime! and if the english dub was horrible, id watch the subbed japanese. pokespe anime would be alot better than the anime we have... a real plot, a gripping storyline... and characters that actually age! and instead of resetting the protagonist's pokemon's levels every region, like they do in the current anime, theyll have a new protagonist or one thats meant to be stronger each time!

System!

HM....................... .....
    Years
    I'd actually be delighted if they made a PokeSpe anime. I think it'd be pretty neat to see everyone in action. And call me a masochist, but I wouldn't mind seeing it dubbed. If it's a good dub, hooray! If it's a bad dub, I wouldn't mind seeing it for the lulz. I know most people would be OMGWTFISTHISPIECEOFTAUROSTURD about bad dubs, but I see them as a source of entertainment. For example, the english Digimon dubs has its own share of corny lines and the like, and I still like it!

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    I wouldn't mind because I watch every single Pokemon episode ever aired and if not (ie: banded ones except for the EQ one with Whiscash) I'll watch it online. It doesn't matter to me if the person sounds horrible or if they cut stuff out because I got use to it already for the main series

:t354:TG

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    For /sure/ I would watch an animated version of pokespecial! :O
    It might not be all that amazing, but it'd certainly be fun to scope out- and if it turned out to be horrendously horrible, then... y'know.
    Just don't watch it. xD;;

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2010
    I can go for it...I'd definitely watch over the pokemon tv show playing right now.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back