• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Would You Wear Your PokeWalker To School?

Would You Wear Your PokeWalker to School?

• Yes

Votes: 292 74.3%
  • No

Votes: 101 25.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Yea but hidden away cos i people would end up avoiding me if i wore it on show. plus there are a lot of poor kids that steal in my school.

DGexe

Taunter
    Years
  • I'd probably wear mine around the campus-- it's large + I park waaay in the back, away from all my classes... which means at least 5 or 6 minutes of full walking time one way, ontop of walking from one class to another, ONTOP of walking BACK to my car....

I might have it hidden away, however-- I can't see why a college kid would want to steal my PokeWalker, but... well, better be safe than sorry, yes?

Beckie

Thunder!
    Years
  • Sure I'm 19 and soon 20 years old, but I can't see why not.
    I'm wearing different pokémon things to school sometimes anyways (like buttons on my bag and such) and a pokéwalker wouldn't matter. xD
    Besides, I'm not the only one in school liking pokémon, so whatever.

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2016
    YES I would wear it to school? what kind of question is that? Everyone would envy me and my awesome poke walker! and the ones who didn't like it could shut up because I dont care about them anyways

I'm in high school and Pokemon is cool, i don't know a lot of people that don't like it

Rock on Pokemon...rock on

Chary

Yeah-Hah!
    Years
  • I can find only three problems with this---
    1. People would laugh at me until I am in High School! Yet I don't care
    2. Someone may steal it...
    3. Un-muteable sounds

Either way I will bring it to school!!! I have 2 gym classes,I walk so far between each of my classes,it's sad...and will just run around with it all day! I will have an un en ev'd Level 100 so fast, It'll make people's heads spin!

Originally Posted by Joe-kun Would You Wear Your PokeWalker To School?
    I've read all 4 pages so far, and I've gotta say - If you guys have friends that wouldn't wanna be seen with you, or would get embarrassed or something, then what friends are they? A REAL friend wouldn't be embarrassed just because you have a Pokemon-related chunk of plastic with you.

^ at above post^ --Ulp!!! I Don't have any real friends then... *cries*

Ru

|| Unforgettable Promise ||
    Years
  • Despite how "bad" my school is, people don't really care what you're walking around with and everything. Thus, I'm probably going to be walking around my school with a Pokewalker. If someone does say something to me, then I'll simply ignore their stupidity of making fun of someone like such.

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
    Years
  • No, due to the following issues:

If the sound goes off, bye bye PokeWalkers.
    People make fun of stuff like that at my school. I'm the only mature popular kid.

Though, I might wear it when I ride my bike to school and keep it in my back pack. Of all the stuff I do on the way to school, I'd have a level 100 by the time I get home.

Thingula

How do you change this text?
    Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2014
    Yes, but I'd hide it so I won't get jumped for liking Pokemon.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • Well, I would, but I do not want to get it confiscated should it be seen. I don't know if my parents would come to pick it up, either. Also, I'm kind of wary of wearing it because I don't want people pointing it out every 5 seconds and saying something negative. I'd definitely wear in a collegiate setting, though...

But the experience gained with walking is awesome, though. (I also have a D3 Digivice from the Digimon franchise that is similar in nature to the PokeWalker, so I can grow 2 Monsters at once! And with the original Digivice, 3 Monsters can be grown all in one run! :D)

I haven't tried the "washing machine" trick, though; with the D3, I either had to walk around or shake it vigorously in my hand... I'm sort of doubtful about the "washing machine trick", but if it works, awesome!

EDIT: And it still annoys/infuriates me that Pokemon is one of the very few things that used to be immensely liked in school, and now it's unfortunately being viewed as some type of taboo if it even comes up in conversation. Other than Power Rangers (which is awesome, btw), I don't think any other franchise has to suffer under this scrutiny. I'll help restore Pokemon (and PR) to its former well-liked status, one day!

Last edited:

Olliee

Spreading the Pokerus. PM me
    Years
  • Ofcourse I will!
    About 4 of my friends are buying it so we can link them together ;)
    and ofcourse while im at work it will be easy for me to gain steps

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    I don't think so, especially since my peers might find out, and most despise the series.
    If I do, I'll just keep it hidden.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back