• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Would your family approve

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
  • I think I'm about one of the only one here (other than Altairis) whose parents disapprove of me going to a forum, let alone a Pokemon forum. They have adopted the mindset that Pokemon is "for kids" and that I should "grow up" and "move on", and that "strangers on the internet" are "dangerous and cannot be trusted". I don't think their mindset will ever change, so I gotta live with that I suppose.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • My parents approves my activity at PC lately, even though they still want me to not being too active here since I'm spending most of the time in the laptop because of this forum ahaha.

Yukari

Are my parents the only ones who wouldn't approve? I'm almost 18 and they STILL say to me that people on the internet are always lying about themselves. If they knew I went here they would probably try to find out what I've been posting. They like to know things >.>

I think I'm about one of the only one here (other than Altairis) whose parents disapprove of me going to a forum, let alone a Pokemon forum. They have adopted the mindset that Pokemon is "for kids" and that I should "grow up" and "move on", and that "strangers on the internet" are "dangerous and cannot be trusted". I don't think their mindset will ever change, so I gotta live with that I suppose.

Yeah... You two aren't alone. My parents are paranoid about the internet and talk about how bad the internet is and how it's full of bad people and liars and so on. My mom has actually got on PC and looked at what I've been posting. More then once even.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • When I was on PC every minute of every day, yes. But that parent is no longer a part of my life, so I think I'm just fine nowadays.

My father, on the other hand, knows I "use the internet well." No worries there.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
  • Lol no, my parents would yell at me if they knew about my online life. They think I'm always playing games when I'm online ^_^

Years
  • I really don't know. They could just pass it up like it's nothing, but if they found out what I was like to other people (especially girls), then things might get unpleasant.

Years
  • My mother was against me going onto the internet and for a while I was suspended/grounded from getting on PC. But now, no one really cares, nor do they know, what I'm up to. But as long as I'm careful about giving away data, I don't think they'd mind.

Years
  • It wouldn't matter if they did, I'm an adult after all.

But they likely don't because of that.

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
    Years
  • My dad has a more active online life than me lol! I Skype and go on Facebook and PC, torrents; that's about it.

My dad is a Reddit guy with random other sites. He likes his shuffle and his jTV, etc.

I'm sure he has no objections lol

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I think they know that I spend a lot of time online. They might think it's mostly on facebook or otherwise with people I know IRL too though. Not sure if they would like it much if they knew how many friends I've got that I've never really met. But they wouldn't try to do something about it - I decide how I want to live my own life and my parents are cool enough to let me do whatever I want as long as it makes me happy and doesn't hurt them :)

Neil Peart

Learn to swim
    Years
  • Not one bit, and I don't really care. I hardly talk to anyone in my messed-up family besides my mom and my sister. They're the only ones in the family who know about my YouTube videos and that life.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    They wouldn't like the cursing, but they approve. It's not a big deal, they know I enjoy videogames plus the internet. Plus, I'm not really on PC much during the day because I have other priorities.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • Mmmm.... yes and no.

They know about PokeCommunity and the Nintendo/Zelda forums I was at before that. No issues. They didn't like that I was a mod here briefly though. Or rather, that it was an unpaid thing lol

Back