• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wow I cant belive my eyes!

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    mervyn797 said:
    I know that. I was just trying to be a little sarcastic... ^^; Failed I guess..
    Tsutaja would have beaten Pikachu anyway... /Favours Tsutaja :P
    And it's a shame too since it's getting old.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    With humour no longer with the Rocket Trio, I don't like them anymore. I wish the old Team Rocket comes back.. ;_;
    Not picking, but when Team Rocket did have the humor for the past thirteen years, viewers kept pushing the idea that Team Rocket should become more serious or more like villains rather than the lousy comedic role they played. Now that Best Wishes has brought in their more serious character, viewers wish for them to go back to they were for the past years. While, I'm not really complaining, I'd at least wait to see what they're up to for the moment. To be honest, I can see the writers giving Team Rocket more of a mix this time around. While they'll still play a serious role in the anime, they'll also revert back to their old habits that they've had for the past while.

I'm glad I haven't seen them being "blasted off" for the time being though. That gag got old, especially since it was Pikachu's Thunderbolt blasting them off 99% of the time.

Their comedic line has gotten old, their serious nature for some is becoming old, so why not try a mix?

I notice there is no Wobbafett :(
    Wobbuffet is at the Team Rocket base along with the rest of Jessie and James' Pokémon. Out of them all, I miss Yanmega the most, though I'd really like for Team Rocket to have to capture new Pokémon like they've been forced to now.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    Hiiro said:
    Not picking, but when Team Rocket did have the humor for the past thirteen years, viewers kept pushing the idea that Team Rocket should become more serious or more like villains rather than the lousy comedic role they played. Now that Best Wishes has brought in their more serious character, viewers wish for them to go back to they were for the past years. While, I'm not really complaining, I'd at least wait to see what they're up to for the moment. To be honest, I can see the writers giving Team Rocket more of a mix this time around. While they'll still play a serious role in the anime, they'll also revert back to their old habits that they've had for the past while.

I'm not going to speak for anyone else but when I complained about wanting them to be more serious I meant more competent more than devoid of personality. The writers didn't need to have them become super serious villains and could've left that to a region only antagonist. Of course, it's still too early to see what the writers will do to with Team Rocket but I don't like it at this point. In my opinion, a mix of serious characters and comedic characters would seem off to me because it would seem fake to me.

Competent > Serious is what I want really.

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011

I'm glad I haven't seen them being "blasted off" for the time being though. That gag got old, especially since it was Pikachu's Thunderbolt blasting them off 99% of the time.
    First off, I wans't one of them. I was expressing my personal opinion. I agree that the Anime was quite monotonous. Team Rocket appears, tries to steal Pikacu or some other Pokemon, try to run away in their hot air ballon or something else, Ash and company track them down with some bird type Pokemon, and all Pokemon are returned back to their respective trainers. The End.

That is what a majority of episodes showed. It's just that their dialogues got old, and yeah, as you pointed out, the old "Blasting off" gag. So they needed a revamping of their character, but why make them all that serious? Was there even the slightest of humour in the past three episodes that we have watched? No excuse of them being in Japanese, please.

Their comedic line has gotten old, their serious nature for some is becoming old, so why not try a mix?
    Mix? What mix? They are just too serious. There isn't any mix of humour and seriousness in them.

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2010
    Electric-type moves are resisted by Grass-type Pokémon last I checked so it wouldn't have made much of a difference in that sense. Pikachu's power would've increased the damage they would've done though.

But in anime logic, type is disregarded. Even pikachu's thunder could bring down Brock's Onix so why wouldn't it hurt tsutajaa significantly?

I don't think TR needs to be humourous in every single episode. Maybe they will inject a little humour into the later episodes. Now is the introductory phase to Black & White, so I think the focus is more on the main protagonists and the new pokemon rather than trying to find filler gags. I think TR is going to serve as the antithesis to Team Plasma in Best Wishes. And maybe Ash will be forced to choose a side. On the one hand, Team Plasma's logic sounds righteous and just, but on the other hand for Ash to become a pokemon master he has to capture pokemon.

As for no BOA, would Zekroam striking them with his lightning count as BOA?

Last edited:

okjoek

Hoenn champ
    Years
    maybe pikachu should work on some new attacks like:

light screen- pikachu never learned it wtf? perfect defencive move for it.

dig- sure its a tm but so was iron tail.

double team- it can be learned by pikachu at level 15, and its pretty nice.

brick break is also a mellee move it can learn.

it can also learn moves like agility, slam and the old quick attack it can fall back on.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    mineowyn said:
    But in anime logic, type is disregarded. Even pikachu's thunder could bring down Brock's Onix so why wouldn't it hurt tsutajaa significantly?

Type is not disregarded. It's just said that type advantage isn't the deciding factor in a battle. Also, I said that Pikachu would be able to more damage since it's a powerful Pokémon in itself.

Nyjil da Kid

Jambalaya of Justice League
    Years
    So three episodes and they have no personality? They're not even serious, you people act like they don't even crack a smile anymore...just because they don't blast off and actually stand a chance against Ash, they're "serious" to the point of having no personality?

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    Nyjil da Kid said:
    So three episodes and they have no personality? They're not even serious, you people act like they don't even crack a smile anymore...just because they don't blast off and actually stand a chance against Ash, they're "serious" to the point of having no personality?

Please provide some examples of what personality they've shown so far.

okjoek

Hoenn champ
    Years
    im just saying that its a verry good start for team rocket, from having dead gags like wobafett poping out every time jessy says something, or that stupid motto that took so much time to say that the enemy couldve hit them with 10 attacks by time they were done saying it.

team rocket was serious in the very first episode so they might be trying to recreate the feeling.

TheFuturePokemon

Natural.....
    Years
    maybe pikachu should work on some new attacks like:

light screen- pikachu never learned it wtf? perfect defencive move for it.

dig- sure its a tm but so was iron tail.

double team- it can be learned by pikachu at level 15, and its pretty nice.

brick break is also a mellee move it can learn.

it can also learn moves like agility, slam and the old quick attack it can fall back on.

Well, Pikachu already learned double team and agility but they took it out and replaced it with Volt Tackle and Iron Tail. Quick attack Pikachu already knows.

Nyjil da Kid

Jambalaya of Justice League
    Years
    Please provide some examples of what personality they've shown so far.

Honest Opinion: I see personality with every motto recital XD
    I don't expect too much from the first few episodes, especially since they've only gotten about 7 minutes of screen time total so far in BW...but we still have one more character to add to the group. Then we might see where they go with TR.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    TheFuturePokemon said:
    Well, Pikachu already learned double team and agility but they took it out and replaced it with Volt Tackle and Iron Tail. Quick attack Pikachu already knows.

Pikachu hasn't learned or used Double Team. The moves Pikachu has used: Thunder Shock, Thunderbolt, Thunder, Leer, Agility, Quick Attack, Double Edge, Tackle, Iron Tail, Volt Tackle.

Nyjil da Kid said:
    Honest Opinion: I see personality with every motto recital XD
    I don't expect too much from the first few episodes, especially since they've only gotten about 7 minutes of screen time total so far in BW...but we still have one more character to add to the group. Then we might see where they go with TR.

It is still very early I agree. That doesn't make my criticism any less wrong though.

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    Wait, do you remember something about those leaking pipes in Brock's gym? Type is not disregarded. A water type move is still super effetive against fire types. ._.

TheFuturePokemon

Natural.....
    Years
    Wait, do you remember something about those leaking pipes in Brock's gym? Type is not disregarded. A water type move is still super effetive against fire types. ._.

I think he means sometimes when Pikachu would face a ground or rock type he would use his thunder bolt and kill it.

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    I think he means sometimes when Pikachu would face a ground or rock type he would use his thunder bolt and kill it.
    I hate to go off-topic but, electric type moves do normal damage against rock types. In Kanto, there were no Pokemon which were only ground types. Electric type moves do absolutely no damage againt ground types. For example, if you remember, in The Rise of Darkrai, Pikachu uses thunderbolt (not sure, but it was definitely an electric type move) against Torterra which takes no damage at all.

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2010
    I hate to go off-topic but, electric type moves do normal damage against rock types. In Kanto, there were no Pokemon which were only ground types. Electric type moves do absolutely no damage againt ground types. For example, if you remember, in The Rise of Darkrai, Pikachu uses thunderbolt (not sure, but it was definitely an electric type move) against Torterra which takes no damage at all.

Onix is dual Rock/Ground. I'm not sure if Onix was ground type in Gen I games but I do remember using my Pikachu against Geodude and Onix and they were unaffected by electric attacks.. Granted the water from the leaking pipes could have been the thing that did Onix in instead of the electricity. Pikachu also managed to defeat Roark's Onix. Again this could be due to the electricity breaking the rocks which hit Onix. From what I observed attacks can be used to turn other objects around the battlefield into weapons to overcome type weakness. Which of course doesn't happen in the games!

Last edited:
    Back