• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen wow...the selection blows

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2013
    I just started playing diamond 2 days ago. (yeah im slow) and there is like ummm 3 appealing pokemon to choose before like the 6th gym...there is like zero variety...kinda lame...

DayDreamer

Pokemon Gamer
    Years
    Well I'll agreed with you there. The new pokemon for the game ARE indeed unappealing but be patient. Soon you will be able to get the old pokemon back ^^.

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    The 4th Gen Pokemon are my Second Favorite Group, after the 2nd Gen Pokemon.

Fuwaraido, Dootakun, Mojanbo, ect.

I like their Selection. Better than the Hoenn Dex, IMO.

Lt. Surge

Thunder Puncher
    Years
    The starly evolution isn't bad to start off with, but i tend to agree, the rest of the pokemon early on aren't very appealing.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    RAPIDASH FTW LOLZ ROSERADE >>> ALL LOLOLOLOLOLOL

The selection does indeed blow, especially since you can't get a darn ice type till more than halfway between the game.

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    RAPIDASH FTW LOLZ ROSERADE >>> ALL LOLOLOLOLOLOL

The selection does indeed blow, especially since you can't get a darn ice type till more than halfway between the game.

Ummm... It was like that in RSE, too.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    And you'd think they'd learn from their mistakes, eh?

Storm-DC

Dance Instructor
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2019
    D/P are much better than R/S/E, for the first time i actually really liked my team throughout the single player part.

DayDreamer

Pokemon Gamer
    Years
    Hehe well D/P DOES have wifi. Gold and Silver cannot beat that and the few extra hundreds of pokemon xD.

In terms of design I think they should really think about the starters more. That's what's going down each version >_>.

Storm-DC

Dance Instructor
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2019
    really? what's your team...cuz i despise my team

luxray, gastrodon, alakazam (from GTS) and my starter. i dont know, really felt like a nice team. up till now (i played all games since the beginning) i would always capture new high leveled pokemon in the wild as soon as possible.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    GSC > All, it's as cannon as "PIKACHU AIM FOR TEH HORN LOL" The night/day system in D/P is horrible compared to GSC.

But I want a Larvitar earlier on in games. I had to import one from Pearl to get one by Gardenia in my Diamond.

darkace

super dark elite kid
    Years
    Everyone wanted the palkia and dialga, and for the first time wi-fi+migration of pokemon from emerald,ruby,sapphire,fire-red and leaf-green. who would'nt want to buy that game. It was almost a combination of all the games together. The story line to me was boring though.

Amp

This is crazy.
    Years
    I actually preferred RSE over DP. DP's Pokemon suck. The only two I ever got excited about were Chimchar(flaming munky butt) and Luxray(thunder Lion ftw).

At least RSE had cool things like Hariyama, Blaziken, Swellow, Ninjask, Shedinja, Lairon...the list goes on.

Back