• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen wow...the selection blows

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Empoleon? LOL! Empoleon got great sp. attack and sp. def. which is the purpose of having lots of weaknesses. It's kinda like Milotic in stats. Gosh, why we have to get Ponyta for our prime fire type? Lame-o. Although I like the selection of new grass, electric and dragon types. But I like Emerald more.

The thing is... It DOESN'T have alot of Weaknesses.

0 x4 Weaknesses
    3 x2 Weaknesses (Electric, Fighting, and Ground)
    9 x2 Resistances (Dragon, Rock, Bug, Flying, Water, Psychic, Ghost, Dark, Normal)
    2 x4 Resistances (Ice, Steel)
    1 Immunity (Poison)
    2 Neutral (Fire, Grass)

lol, that's alot of weaknesses [/Sarcasm]

Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2009
    Wow, just reading everybody's posts on here makes me not to buy poke'mon diamond/pearl and a nintendo ds. Anyways, if I read and see the new poke'mon on serebii, it looks like a great poke'mon selection.

you should definitely buy it:D its a great selection the first time around playing the game, but the 2nd time its hard to find a new, better team.

i usually find my next team before i start over, breed, trade eggs and old team to my sisters game, trade them to my new restarted game, and hatch!!:D

Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2010
    before the E4, the selection is way too limited in D/P, but then after that you access to all those new evos of the old pokemon, which is cool. My team was terrible before that though.

During the actual game, I think the goodness of the pokemon available would go something like this.

1. Kanto (good starters, and a wide variety of pokes available to mix up the team)

2. Johto (again, good starters, but the pokes early in the games were lacking, especially since I played mostly at night, all you could get were Hoot-Hoots, and Spinerac.)

3. Sinnoh (starters were kinda not so great, but you got a good flyer early on and it least there was a descent variety of types early.

4. Hoenn (worst starters, and the pokemon early were terrible, only one worth getting was Aron, and maybe Shroomish. All like 5 good pokemon in this game aren't available until way to late. These games were terrible.)

Back