• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Wow, this Pokemon is more useful than I thought"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Princess Pichu

Art is a flash of beauty~
    Years
    My Caturne in Emerald, I had it on my team for lulz. Then when I got to the Psychic gym, the rest of the didn't do so well...but Caturne did the whole thing by itself. I also found Banette in Diamond to be a bit useful.

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2009
    i had a shellos on my team in diamond and had no revives and all good pokemon had fainted, my weak shellos WON the battle. I WAS SO HAPPY!

VinceLevi

Do A Barrel Roll!
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2015
    Geodude.
    He's a beast in the opening of most Pokemon games, and of course, Golem's freakin awesome.

Ev Trainer X

Your average insane gamer
    Years
    For me, it was Tentacruel. Tentacool was just so common when I was fishing that I much got pissed whenever I saw it. But now that I've actually trained one, I realized it was awesome special wall. It's speed is pretty good, as well.

HappyEmoKid

DRAGON POKEMON FTW!!!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2009
    Well, before i was obsessed with dragon types i was into normal types alot
    so i made a team cnsisting of:

Clefable, magic guard and a flame orb and facade pwnage
    Girafarig, never knew he was normal before
    Blissey, is a pure spec wall
    Snorelax
    Ursaring
    and a Togekiss

all of the above i used to think of as pretty bad.
    besides Blissey and Togekiss

Toeto

I HEART WOBBUFFET. <3
    Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2009
    Yes. My beloved Wobbuffet. ; w;
    I caught him waaaaaaay back in 2004 when I was younger and I never really knew anything about Wobbuffets, but when I started battling with him I was amazed. ; o;
    I will never get rid of that Wobbuffet. We have a CONNECTION. xD <3

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
    I thought Parasect was useless and then i tried it out and it was godly in GenI.

Spore, Sword's Dance and Slash will get you through nearly al your opponents for the Psychics you had Leech Life.

Hatenko

Hiya!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2010
    Electrode and Weezing. Not only are they not the worst Pokemon around with not too shabby movesets, their Explosion is very useful on PBR alongside my Mismagius ^-^

Generally though I'd choose Electrode first for two things. One, Magnet Rise + Earthquake. Two, its speed wouldn't even give the others a chance to act. Weezing's pitifully slow.

Ayselipera

I once played Sapphire and decided to use pokemon I would never catch. Sabeleye ended up being one of these and I was actually pleasantly surprised along with Hariyama too.

IcyArceusRider

Nyaaaaa <3
    Years
    Sheer Cold Articuno ROCKS when you teach it Mind Reader along with Sheer Cold. Very useful, indeed. ^^

For me, the most useful pokemon that I randomly happened to find is Blissey. I just started playing around with a Blissey one day because I was bored...and it ended up being a LOT more useful than I had imagined...

Season

Garden Gladiator
    Years
    Staryu in Pearl. I caught it because I wanted a cool water Pokemon but I wasn't expecting it to do much in terms of fighting. I was totally wrong, Staryu ended up being the powerhouse of my team, it was basically unstoppable.
    I stopped using it once it evolved into Starmie because it made the game too easy. I never lost with it.

KurlyFries

let's get this bread
    Years
    Pelipper/Relicanth in Ruby. They double as HM slaves and Groudon-catchers. Relicanth yawns, I switch into Pelipper (who resists all of groudon's moves really well for an untrained pokemon). then just spoon-feed damage to Groudon via Surf.

SonicThrust

Ice Cream <3
    Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2013
    I'm sure it's already been mentioned, but I found that Shuckle can actually be useful and annoying if used properly.

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
    Years
    At first, I thought using Dunsparce as my main partner would be heck (like training an Eevee). But it turned out that he was actually easier to EV train and level then most legendaries. Even at level 12, he didn't faint to Wingull's Pursuit at level 51, and even super-effective attacks from pokes twice his level wouldn't KO him. Not only that, but Glare + Serene Grace Headbutt or Rock Slide reduces his chances of being hit and makes him actually very fun to use. Dunsparce (for the record, I named mine Duncy!) may not be the smartest, or strongest, or fastest pokémon around, but it's his modesty and charm that sets him apart.

:t206:

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    I didn't think that Shuckles could've taken a Hyper Beam from a Dragonite before. Well, that was until I had it fought Lance with my Suicune.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back