• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wreck-It-Ralph

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Well... do watch it and let me know XD
    It doesn't come out in the UK until February... but it's good that I'm going to American in three weeks! As sad as this is going to sound, seeing Wreck-It-Ralph is going to be one of the first things I do when I get there! :P

Mr. Magius

  
    Years
    This movie looks freaking rockin'. The fact that I could recognise a video game character is instantly a positive.

Years
    I saw it! It's great!

There is a lot of video game nodding (err, references), but I went with my friend who's probably never played a video game in her life and she really enjoyed it. The film does have a lot of game stuff on the surface, but at its heart it really is more emotional and character based. The humor and dialogue works really well because it's just straightforward well-crafted and not reliant on any knowledge of games, although that does help you enjoy all the things in the background. The movie has everything in it that you'd need to know about games to follow along.

Visually it's not quite as stunning as recent Pixar movies, but it's certainly very close. Better than your average Dreamworks animation. The music was fantastic! I've already ordered the soundtrack. I don't want to get into spoilers, but it's more than just a romp in CGI-Land with quirky characters. The story is well thought out and everything in the movie just fits.

Definitely go see it.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    This was the cutest movie I had ever seen. All the characters were so likeable and easy to root for. The little references to everything was awesome and I'm sure people will be picking out easter eggs for years to come. The scenery was great and enticing and made me really want a video game based on some of the made up worlds. Ralph was so adorable I just wanted to hug him all movie. And the main villain was evil enough to make me root against them completely (I usually sympathize with the villain in the end.) I am definitely buying it once it's out on DVD!

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Loved it loved it loved it. I saw two films when I was in America: this and Lincoln. While the latter - outside of Daniel Day-Lewis' performance and the beautiful cinematography - mostly ended up disappointing me, WIR just surpassed my already sky-high expectations. I loved all of the characters, thought the voice acting was really well done (and its use of celebrities in these roles didn't feel distracting... as it often can do). The animation - especially of the Fix-it Felix characters - made me chuckle whenever they came on screen. And while the reviews that I'd read had led me to expect a lot of balls being juggled at once, this film does try and do an awful lot of stuff. And it really works, for the most part. Indeed, I was so invested in these characters that I got surprisingly emotional when Ralph rediscovered his wrecking skills at the critical moment (you'll know which moment I'm talking about if you've seen the film). It's definitely my favourite animated film this year, and it's probably one of my favourites of this year in general as well! :D

Years
    The movie was absolutely great!

The animation was great, the music was great, the characters, the video game references, everything was great! Maybe it's because I haven't seen many new movies recently, but it was one of the best I've seen in a while.
    I kind of geeked out during the Konami Code reference, got a couple of glances from other moviegoers lol. It had a cute plot and cute characters.
    Overall great movie :)

Pinta77

Eggman and Bowser! That's the only reason I want to see it.

MelchiorFlyer

Flygon
    Years
    Omygod! I swear when this movie comes out, I'm bying it. I <3ed sooooo much!
    "Why are your hands so freakishly big?"
    "I don't know. Why are YOU so freakishly annoying?"
    Saw it yesturday! If I had the money, I would see it everyday.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    This film is awesome. So many video game cameos, including the famous Konami code. The story was also well-developed. Oh how I wish I was able to play the actual arcade game since the flash game version doesn't have the ending of each level.

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
    Well sweeties, I've seen the movie 3 times. I love it, as a gamer and as a Disney fan. My brother and I dressed up as Mario and Luigi for the premeire. If you haven't seen the movie, you should definitely see.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
    i haven't seen a good movie in a long time and this move was perfect! i hope they make a second one (: i love vanellope

Years
    Sequel!? Oh, wait, it seems it's only a rumor at this point. But still! I would love for them to do a sequel if they just did something like this movie again, but different, but still kind of the same because it was good and I wouldn't want them to make it ungood because it's different in the wrong way.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    I still hate the fact that the UK has to wait until February to get to see it. I was in Belgium last week, and even they have it already! And this is Belgium, we're talking about!* I just consider myself really lucky that I was in the US when I was and got to see one of my favourite films of the year. As for a sequel... eh. If the same creative team is behind it, then that might not be too bad. This is Disney, though - and not Pixar - so there are no guarantees of that, unfortunately. That is, if it happens.

*Note I have nothing against Belgium or Belgian people... but BELGIUM!!!???

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Saw it a couple days ago as it suddenly was brought forward by a bit in Australia. It was quite enjoyable! Well worth checking out. Lots of jokes (some of them were very funny including a few smart jibes on games), decent plot and overall fairly entertaining.

Back