• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen WTF moment

Pikachu lvl88

Experienced Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2012
    New WTF moment, yesterday at Indigo Plateau. I want to attack a Lorelei's Lapras with Surf but... it had Water Absorb ._.

kuchikie

darkness is faster than light~
    Years
    o_O Edit, you do realize this is basically the R/S/E & FR/LG section, right? Hippowdon didn't exist in them.

My WTF moment: I was in the trick house, and just beat the first pokemon of the first trainer to the north of your initial position. I get to her second pokemon...and my pokemon ends up getting paralyzed. Not a bad deal, right? Well, for the next four turns, it was rendered immobile by paralysis.

I'm really starting to doubt that the chance of paralysis is 50% if being paralyzed happened four turns in a row.

50% chance means every turn you have 1/2 chance to get immobile by paralysis not for the whole fight you have 50% chance..it is the same like encounter shinies u have 1/8000+ for every pokemon you encountered therefore even if you encounter 10000++ pokemon it doesn't mean you gonna run into shiny..

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    I wanted a Torkoal. I went through the fire cave place once, figuring I would find atleast one. I didn't. So i checked Serebii, and found it was there, just uncommon. So I figured that meant I would have to search awhile. I went back in the cave, and found a Torkoal immediately. WTF!

Project.

Tarot reading;
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Nov 5, 2010
    My WTF moment was in Diamond... A year ago.

I went into the Safari Zone, and First Pokemon - a Purple Quagsire. My heart pounded, as I had never seen a shiny in my game before.

So I was scared what to do. The approach or ball... So first I threw a ball, it wiggled three times and opened. I was relieved when it didnt flee, but I was afraid to death it would...

So I preceded to near it... then it just HAD TO FLEE! OMG! STUPID THING! Just kidding, it didn't flee. But I was still pounding. So then I threw a ball at it... and it missed again.

My legs were above my head then, then I threw one more. And I closed my eye. I heard the click, and the dundundundundundundudnudnnnnnnnnnnnnnn Dun and I nearly screamed.

The first shiny I had ever caught was in the safari zone, lol, what are the chances?

Sadly, I had restarted my game, forgetting about the Quagsire. But luckily I transported those Pokes to Revolution before I quit. But then I forgot I had it again and brought back Revolution for trade in at Gamestop -.-

I want my Shiny Quagsire back! I'm glad I still have the save, though.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    well, though that IS sheer awesomeness and WTF, they DO have a seperate thread for DPP. This is for R/S/FR/LG/E only.

Lateon

The Eon Follower
    Years
    I was about twelve and battling Rayquaza on Sapphire. I kept weakening it, then it would either struggle itself to death or I would run out of pokeballs. About an hour and a half worth of resets later, I weaken it and throw a pokeball for kicks. It stayed in the ball. W.T.F.

murkage

Fairy Key Chain Sweeper
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2021
    i was fighting Wallace in emerald and owned his whole entire team without taking any damage. he sends out ludicolo and owns my whole team. i was like WTF! he used leech seed and double team for an hour then everytime he was set up for a last hit he used giga drain and he would barely survive and use surf and i was dead. he beat me 3 times until i was like fk it! and i got my electrode and trained him to like 54 and used explosion and it missed! i had to do it 4 times before it his and killed him. i was like fk up Wallace i hope you get skull bashed by a blastoise and bleed to death

La Denryu

WITTY CAPTION
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Oct 18, 2010
    I was in the Battle Fronteir in Emerald, and all of a sudden, the screen became really glitchy. I found out that it was dust in the cartridge, but it still freaked me out.

Also, I found a shiny Goldeen in the Kanto safari zone..then it ran away. Actually, that's not really a WTF moment, it's more of a "FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU" moment.

charizardobsessed

I have opened my eyes...
    Years
    I already completed the whole game, got a shiny and my first lvl 100 (that was a big thing to me at that time) when I went for this fishing trip in malaysia. There was two little boys who was sons of my father's friend and they wanted to borrow the game to play, and I obliged. When I checked back, they had gone and restarted a whole new game and my dear lvl 100 charizard and shiny tentacool was gone!!
    I gave them a huge scolding and stormed off to my room to replay the whole game. I nearly cried :(

XDragonRiderX

Time flies.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2021
    My Ruby game wouldn't load and I found out an ant crawled inside it and I killed it and it some how glitched and now i have 30 shinies.

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
    Years
    I have one, years ago, when I first started playing, didn't know much about pokemon, I went into the cave on my ruby game (I believe) to catch groudon, it was yellow, I knew that wasn't his normal color, so I turn off my game and restarted, an hour later I was told it was yellow because it was a shiny, I was like WTF!! Should have smack myself right then and there!! :laugh:

Syvelocin

Eevee Breeder
    Years
    My DS always has problems with GBA games. I had gotten through I think the third gym leader playing straight through from the beginning, then I accidentally MOVED and BUMPED my DS, and there goes that scratchy static noise out of my DS. I had to start back in Rustboro.

My DS hates Emerald version. I have to punch the cartridge into the DS as firmly as possible for it to even let me play. This doesn't happen with FireRed.

seocompany

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2010
    I was looking Chimecho on Mt. Baal in the morning. I found after struggling as 1000 and as 2 Shuppets Duskulls, but I also found something else. A Rare Candy. I was in the top right corner of Mt. Bonfire, and I pressed A before the portion of the grass and I found a rare candy.

Mickeycricky

Mickeycricky
    Years
    I've recently been going on a "difficult" run and I have a Magikarp on my team. I think, "Ah what the heck, I'll send out Magikarp and tackle everything just to see how long it can live." Little did I know that it would take out my rival's Charmander, the gym trainers pokemon, Misty's Staryu, AND Brock's ONIX. WTF >_<
    I'm starting to question the gym leaders abilities.

ShivaDF

The Scooter-riding Artist
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2017
    I had a bunch of weaker pokemon in my party that i was training in Victory Road, and then Wally challenged me. I thought, "Oh, he's weak. He'll be free exp.." When my weaker pokemon fell, I didn't use the best moves with my stronger ones.
    Then he kicked my ass.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    I couldn't catch Kyogre when he was at 1 HP Paralyzed, yet I can catch him on the first Ultra Ball while he is at 2-3 (maybe a little more) HP with no status condition.
    How in the world is that even possible.

XDragonRiderX

Time flies.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2021
    'Hey Edwin, (bro's name) can I have your Mewtwo?"
    "Sure go catch it."
    20 mins later after getting to where Mewtwo is...
    "Hmm... WTF SOMEONE TOOK IT!"
    Hey Edwin, someone took it!"
    "Oh yeah, I gave it to Tyler (friend)"
    Calls up Tyler
    "Can I have Ed's Mewtwo Tyler?"
    I lost my FireRed."
    'FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU"

Back