• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen wwont let me save (not really a simple question)

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2006
    hey, i recently got pokemon emerald, i got it off ebay, form a seller claimming to be in the UK, we soon found out after buying he was in hong kong.

then a few days ago, their account was gone.

a dispute was started, but then today it came in the mail.

im playing it on my nintendo DS. i got my pet, i met may, and all that. then i went to save it, it said to wait. then it said save failed and was checking back up memory or something.

it then repeated that for a while, going to trying to save again then to checking back up memory, then said "the backup memory is damaged or internal batter has run dry.". that cant be my nintendo DS. it works fne with other games.

what can i do to fix it? i was really enjoying it! i can play it but not save it!

help would be freatly appreciated.

thankyou.

mrplanters

The new meaning of legend
    Years
    I don't think you can fix it, obviously the person selling the product to you was aware of the problem and wanted to make a few bucks off of it. I think your only choice in playing emerald is buying another one, try at a store. You can pretty much buy the game anywhere video games are sold.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    It's probably a FAKE. Especially considering it came from Hong Kong. They're quite famous for making fakes of english games (got a fake of BN4: RS that way). That's why you should NEVER buy a video game if the seller claims to be outside the US (if you're in the US, of course), or they don't provide a picture of the real game and charge strangely-high shipping. Lemme ask you, does the cart look real (transparent green, shiny label, and all that)?

infidel said:
    it then repeated that for a while, going to trying to save again then to checking back up memory, then said "the backup memory is damaged or internal batter has run dry.". that cant be my nintendo DS. it works fne with other games.

And, I've gotta say that's one of the most noobish comments I've seen in a while...

Akiyo

Send my love.
    Years
    I bought a fake Pokemon Ruby game from Hong Kong. It worked fine except a few months later it completely deleted the file. I also couldn't transfer Jirachi over from Pokemon Channel, but I could trade to other games. The cart was black like other games so it was obviously a fake, I traded all the good pokemon to Fire Red as soon as I got them :P

Mudkip85

A.K.A ~KIPPER~
    Years
    Trust me from what experiences many people have had from buying from abroad, sometimes its worth thinking about it before you agree into buying the product. Taking into consideration your situation there is no doubt that the version you were sold is a complete fake. Its a corrupted game. Itchapokemr has a vaild point to tell for sure if the game is fake you should let us know if the box art is different to the originals box art.

~Kipper~

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2013
    the fakes of these games come from China generally.. not HongKong...

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    im playing it on my nintendo DS. i got my pet, i met may, and all that. then i went to save it, it said to wait. then it said save failed and was checking back up memory or something.

That sounds more like a problem you get with ROMS on emulators to me. I've never heard of it checking back-up memory.... I dont even think the games have backups do they?

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2006
    It's probably a FAKE. Especially considering it came from Hong Kong. They're quite famous for making fakes of english games (got a fake of BN4: RS that way). That's why you should NEVER buy a video game if the seller claims to be outside the US (if you're in the US, of course), or they don't provide a picture of the real game and charge strangely-high shipping. Lemme ask you, does the cart look real (transparent green, shiny label, and all that)?

i live in the UK. and the seller claimed to be in the UK.

ive ont got a cart to compare it with, but yes, its transparent green, the label is a green sticker, but it seems to have been applied properly.

but yes, it looks pretty real to me.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Aug 5, 2022
    The sticker should still be shiny mate yeah I made the same mistake dude. Although it won't work try factory resetting you never know you may get lucky.

chrisatsilph

Nothing
    Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2016
    ive seen a shop sellin pokemon emerald brand new for $20
    u cant fix the game it happend to my silver when i keepted doing the cloning glich

Xbull3t

Dragon Master
    Years
    Woah thats wierd. My silver is crapped up too, it doesnt save..i had a good save on it too lol...But it was probably because of the cloning thing too. How do you reset emerald to factory settings? probably a noob question i guess....

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024

And, I've gotta say that's one of the most noobish comments I've seen in a while...

He's got a point there... Never buy anything from outside of your country mate... My brother bought a numerous amount of rubbish - though Im not that sure if he received everything that he bought off Ebay...
    I kept pushing my brother to buy the Pokemon Emerald Guide for weeks and so he let me, but I bought it from America - he obviously became angry, lol...
    Got it about a month later... It was in perfect condition and still is!

You said the guy u bought that pokemon Emerald game from was in your country at the time? Well than make sure you check the guy's history before going into action.

Years
    I'm Sorry

hey, i recently got pokemon emerald, i got it off ebay, form a seller claimming to be in the UK, we soon found out after buying he was in hong kong.

then a few days ago, their account was gone.

a dispute was started, but then today it came in the mail.

what can i do to fix it? i was really enjoying it! i can play it but not save it!

help would be freatly appreciated.

thankyou.

I'm afraid that you have just been ripped off.
    There are people out there who will do things like that and you were a victim of it. If you know an electronic shop familiar with that technology there may be a slight chance that they could help you for a large fee. If it is a fake like Ichapokemr said then you most likely have no chance of fixing it. That happened to my Silver and I had around 20 Lv. 100s. A sad day that was.

My deepest apologies Infidel. :disappoin

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 24, 2009
    Personly i think its stupid buying stuff on the internet,why cant you spend a couple more bucks on a game?no offence.

Years
    Personly i think its stupid buying stuff on the internet,why cant you spend a couple more bucks on a game?no offence.

Dillon has a point but I use the internet for buying things cheaper than in stores and Infidel was scammed by a Chinese guy claiming that he was in the U.K. There is not much that you can do about that. Ebay luckily has a feedback page so that you can find out what other buyers think of the seller. I would advise for you to do that before purchasing anything.:paranoid:

Simmons_2.0

-_- STOP STARING!!
    Years
    It was probably a rom. Or it was real and the seller knew the intenal battery ran dry and then sold it to you. Why did you buy it off eBay? If you do any online shopping, Amazon is the place to go to.

Back