• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

X-Men: First Class

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    Has anyone seen this movie yet? I just saw it yesterday, and must say, it is pretty good. I mean, I'm not a hardcore comic book reader, so I have no idea how precise it was, but the whole story line was really interesting for me, like with Magneto being a Holocaust survivor among other stuff.

So, what are your thoughts on the movie?

Oh, and I just LOVED Wolverine's cameo in the movie. =D

Years
    They say it wasnt exactly precise but super hero movies never are and never will be. But it is the best x men movie so far hands down, it had everything a good movie needs just hope the next two are half as good.

Renii

Se(Renii)ty
    Years
    I loved the movie! I am a huge X-Men fan, but I haven't really read the comics, seen the cartoon though, but the story was not really precise AFAIK. Not that it matters, it's normal for Marvel to change the storyline.

IMO also, it's the best X-Men movie yet.

Wansen

Regal Bryant
    Years
    It was a great movie! I loved the pacing and the personalities of younger Magneto and Prof. X I can actually see them becomeing there future selves XD.

Though I would have liked the other mutants to have a bit more development hopefully that will happen in the next movie!

Narcissist

Living Libertine
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2011
    I adored the new X-Men film because it (and the series itself) is actually an allegory of homosexual rights.
    People aware of this would've appreciated how the 'Don't ask, don't tell' policy was included when Hank McCoy is revealed to be a mutant to his boss - "You didn't ask, so I didn't tell."

You can find these in the other films with the whole plot about the 'cure' in X3.
    Trying to be accepted into society or whether they should just form a society by themselves?

That aside, it really was a badass film and a great prequel to the existing films in the series.
    I also loved the inclusion of as many different languages as possible.

Blue Nocturne

Not THAT one.
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 6, 2013
    I adored the new X-Men film because it (and the series itself) is actually an allegory of homosexual rights.
    People aware of this would've appreciated how the 'Don't ask, don't tell' policy was included when Hank McCoy is revealed to be a mutant to his boss - "You didn't ask, so I didn't tell."

You can find these in the other films with the whole plot about the 'cure' in X3.
    Trying to be accepted into society or whether they should just form a society by themselves?

That aside, it really was a badass film and a great prequel to the existing films in the series.
    I also loved the inclusion of as many different languages as possible.

I couldn't agree with this more. Though unlike in X3, I thought this was a little too obvious. For me, the wonder of Allegory is noticing it and all the interesting little points included; it seemed a little force here.

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
    It was...alright I suppose.

I'm pretty much a comic geek, actually buying comics ever week and generally knowing everything about the X-Men. And with that, the movie had its moments, but also let me down immensely. It wasn't about the first class, it was about Charles and Erik to be precise. The first class had very little development and combat scenes. I do love Angel Salvadore and I did think Mystique was the best part about the film.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2022
    I don't read comic books myself, but I have to say, this was my favorite X-Men movie since the first one. Really great movie. 8.5/10

Back