• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

X-play!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
Years
  • "On the X-Play boards, Adam is a lamer.
    On the X-Play boards, Morgan's not a gamer."

I miss the old disembodied voice, this new one sucks.

"You can take your intros and shove them up your Adam Sessler and Morgan Webb."

On a side note, Ratty Hand Puppet is my new idol.

Suck it.

Steeleon

The Lovable Goof
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 17, 2006
    I LOVE X-Play. Morgan Webb is the hottest!!! Shadow I agree with you, the new intro voice sucks.

drunk_vader

who will be my next victim
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 7, 2006
    yes,yes she is

and ratty would have made
    a good intro guy

Abskull

Link's Huggle Thing!^.^
    Years
  • drunk_vader said:
    ..................so....anyways
    who liked the drunk link
    it was so freakin funny!
    and original too

i also liked the theme song they made for him

i think it went like this:
    i know a guy
    and his name is link
    he likes to play games and he likes to drink
    sometimes he drinks too much
    and gets hornswaggled
    and then its tiiiime
    its time for beer goggles!
    link:i need help!

sorry zelda fans.forgive me
    but it was hella funny

Me? Offended? Never! I love that song to death! I sing almost every day!

Link: I know I played Resident Evil 4
    Adam: Was that before, or after the Yager shots?
    Link: During!

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
  • ok, so im feeling a little disturbed by the fact that ppl think Webb's hot... I wont judge cause Im a straight girl, but GOOD GOD!!! oh well. My idol is Bob!

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    I'm split here. I like the show and all, it's just that sometimes I question whether Adam and Morgan know what they're talking about. I've come up on more than one occasion where games they gave bad reviews to turned out to be really fun... But it's ok because they kind of make fun of themselves too...

The S

The Reverend
    Years
  • o_O X-Play actually has FANS? No, I'm not flaming, I'm just confused. The only person on G4 I hate more than Adam & Morgan is Diane Mizota. Seriously. Every time Adam holds up a game that I love and disrespects it, or Morgan says that there's no room for J-Pop in the game she's reviewing despite the fact that it's a Japanese RPG, I just want to rip my hair out.

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
  • Kasanai Tsumi said:
    ok, so im feeling a little disturbed by the fact that ppl think Webb's hot... I wont judge cause Im a straight girl, but GOOD GOD!!! oh well. My idol is Bob!
    I mean she looks nice and all, but I don't see why has has thousands hundreds of drooling fanboys saying she is the hottest thing ever.

drunk_vader

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 7, 2006
    face it morgan is hot
    and she gets constant mail of how hot she is
    here let me explain the g4 "hotness chart"
    i got it off of my friend
    morgan webb>christen holt(cheat)>tina wood(g4tv.com the show)>sarah lane(aots)>laura foy(g4tv.com)>diane mizota(filter)

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    The S said:
    o_O X-Play actually has FANS? No, I'm not flaming, I'm just confused. The only person on G4 I hate more than Adam & Morgan is Diane Mizota. Seriously. Every time Adam holds up a game that I love and disrespects it, or Morgan says that there's no room for J-Pop in the game she's reviewing despite the fact that it's a Japanese RPG, I just want to rip my hair out.

The thing about Sessler that Morgan's even admitted, is that he's a moron when it comes to anything with buttons. That's why he gives very few good reviews on games. He can't figure out how to read the instruction books. But that's what I mean!!! It makes the show entertaining. If you disregard the reviews, you'll actually find a fun show to watch.

If you're looking for a more honest review show that makes more sense, then you should probably watch Judgement Day. Otherwise X Play is great!!!

Chiru

I dun use this account any mo'
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 31, 2013
    I love X-Play! I'd say the funniest thing they've ever done was that one episode where they were destroying the 3rd party controllers.

"The air vents in the X-box controller were the PERFECT place to stuff the explosives!"

I also liked when they tested how much abuse each system could take, where they whacked each with a sledgehammer and dropped them off of buildings and everything XD. God, that show's hilarious. I haven't seen many of the other shows on TechTV/G4, but out of the one's I've seen X-play is my favorite.

drunk_vader

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 7, 2006
    Chiru-chan said:
    I also liked when they tested how much abuse each system could take, where they whacked each with a sledgehammer and dropped them off of buildings and everything XD. God, that show's hilarious. I haven't seen many of the other shows on TechTV/G4, but out of the one's I've seen X-play is my favorite.
    i liked it when they did that
    and the best part was when the gamecube survived! :laugh:

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
  • SBaby said:
    If you're looking for a more honest review show that makes more sense, then you should probably watch Judgement Day. Otherwise X Play is great!!!
    I don't like Judgement Day. They are biased against turn based RPGs (and have admitted it), and half of their reviews you can tell they never got past the first two levels thanks to the clips they show.

Then again I don't really like any reviews. I just watch X-Play cause its funny and show more of the game then Judgement Day most of the time (and don't always say a game is outdated in graphics due to one less pixel of perfection, lord I can't stand people judging a game largely on graphics).

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
  • I agree, and they think they are the funniest living things on earth, when I havnt laughed at them once! And I think Shadow is completely right. I have never seen them grade anything higher than an 8.5. They also critique alot on the graphics, I know thats their job, but COME ON PEOPLE!!!

RoxasOld

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 29, 2006
    *pokes DV's sig* Some things they say in that song is true. They always hate on anime games XD

drunk_vader

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 7, 2006
    Kenshin11212 said:
    *pokes DV's sig* Some things they say in that song is true. They always hate on anime games XD
    thats cuz sometimes its bad
    like when they gave digimon world 4 a 2 out 5
    i thought they were being nice

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Well, you have to think about it from their perspective too...they play a lot of games. They have to play through them whether they want to or not (even though they just give some games to their interns XD) and then write a review on it. Not just that, but they often have to do about 5 or 6 games a week. That'd be tedious, so you can see why they think some games aren't as good. Whether they know it or not, they're comparing games to all the others they've played. o_o So if something like God of War gets a 5/5, then even if a game is pretty good, if it doesn't live up to that game, it's not going to get an amazing rating. @_@; That said, anything out of 5 is pretty vague to begin with.

Drunk Links pwns. :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back